Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Personally I love jumping on the dancefloor in my burka with some beer in my left hand and bacon in the right. I usually ask the DJ if he has any halal music such as Mahmoud Awad. Bangin tunes. Good times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeffy91)
    I go clubbing, get wasted, have unprotected anal sex with girls, smoke some weed, and take a bit of meow, but that doesn't make me a bad Muslim.
    hero

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piszczel)
    Personally I love jumping on the dancefloor in my burka with some beer in my left hand and bacon in the right. I usually ask the DJ if he has any halal music such as Mahmoud Awad. Bangin tunes. Good times.

What about this song? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruAkl...eature=related

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hawflo)
    What about this song? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruAkl...eature=related
    It's so beautiful I am crying right now

ReputationRep:
    LMAO @ Muslim-clubbers

ReputationRep:
    I go clubbing, get wasted, have unprotected anal sex with girls, smoke some weed, and take a bit of meow, but that doesn't make me a bad Muslim.
    I literally pissed myself.

(Original post by Studentus-anonymous)
    Muslim and clubbing seems like a bit of a contradiction of terms.
    And why is that? :curious:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aimes_14)
    Yeah I am, are you?! All my housemates are in their own rooms. No one speaks to one another. I am generally a really shy person but I have actually made the effort to try and get to know them. Though it seems a bit one sided at the moment. I don't know ANYONE at all! So there's no way i'll be going clubbing on my own!

P.S. Are you Muslim and have you been clubbing?!
    What uni are you at?

ReputationRep:
    Dmu

ReputationRep:
    Dmu
    thats it! im taking u out!

ReputationRep:
    I cant go lol as im staying at home, rofl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RamocitoMorales)
    And why is that? :curious:
    Listening to music is Haram, especially the filth of the Urban music scene in these western parts.

Also it must be pretty hot under that Burka for the girls or that head-towel-thing and robe for the guys.

Listening to music is Haram, especially the filth of the Urban music scene in these western parts.
    That would depend on your interpretation of the Qur'an, and the only people who follow that code are the sin ridden Wahhabites who worship their own images.

ReputationRep:
    I know the difference between Religion and Ethnicity. I am also aware that they are contradictory terms. However I also know that there are other Muslim students out there who are going clubbing in their freshers week. They're not drinking alchohol, so is it still a problem?!
    Yes, there is a problem. Becuase you're not supposed to be in a room full of the opposite sex, especially in a dancing environment, especially in an incredibly sinful environment. Even if you are 'pledging' to stick to just your girl mates.

At times like this where Islam is being attacked throughout the whole world, muslims should be doing something more productive than spending their nights in clubs.

http://www.loonwatch.com/

ReputationRep:
    about half the muslims I know go clubbing and drink alcohol. irish catholics have always been alcoholic gamblers. it's all "sinning", but it's not physically wrong in the 21st century. like masturbation. the muslim faith has a doctrine of more important and relevent issues than whether or not you can drink alcohol. everybody picks and chooses with regards to religion. besides, there's a thin line between race and religion anyway, particularly with Jews in a western country. everyone of jewish heritage is called a jew. I suppose that's because they set themselves apart a bit, or at least some do. I don't really know why some white people convert to Islam, like Richard Thompson (folk singer), Cat Stevens, and that wierd jihad jane woman. it seems pretty interchangeable between Christianity and Judaism, i.e. white caucasions might as well be christian than muslim, seems pretty much the same God. it's been set apart at the moment because of the tribal nature of the Taliban, whereupon there's a big emphasis on retribution, stoning women etc. but it's no different from early christianity. in fact, christianity was more brutal than islam around the time of the crusades. people moan about british muslims having arranged marriages, but it's not really a muslim thing, it's just traditional, as had been the case in Britian/almost anywhere else before the 20th century. OP, i expect you're little more muslim than the rest of us on this forum are christian, so go out if you want to! what your parents don't know can't hurt them i suppose? don't feel you have to drink, obviously, but, well, clubbing isn't that great without it! Edit btw I'm not muslim, so it's probably none of my business, so err feel free to ignore

ReputationRep:
    How has your experience been so far?! Have you gone Clubbing for the first time?! How has it been?!
    Muslim and Clubbing don't go together you fack

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Z_Ahmed)
    I cant go lol as im staying at home, rofl.
    its fine just say ur going to the library which is open 24-7

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inzamam99)
    Yeah but I didn't dance or drink or any of that BS- just went with other flatmates and met other Muslims and just chatted to other people. Just go and do the same- go around introducing yourself etc. and don't do anything haram.
    You pay to get into clubs just to scream into people's ears for a "chat"?

...or was that sarcasm? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Wrong. Clubbing and drinking aren't synonymous.
    Except for the bar which dominates it, the swarm of drunks and general fact clubs and clubbin are associated with most things Judeo-Christian religions would regard as moral decay and not pious.

I know the difference between Religion and Ethnicity. I am also aware that they are contradictory terms. However I also know that there are other Muslim students out there who are going clubbing in their freshers week. They're not drinking alchohol, so is it still a problem?!
    In that they're not breaking the alcohol drinking rule?, maybe but whatever. I just thought it was a bit of a silly question asking about Muslim clubbers. I don't call myself a protestant clubber just because I've been baptised or my ancestors adhered to that denomination and faith. Clubbing isn't something I really categorize by faith.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but why do Muslims have to have an extra thread about clubbing? Does Muslim have a different kind of enjoyment at freshers week than Christian or atheist? I just don't get it, but I'd be very happy if someone of you could explain this to me.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.