Turn on thread page Beta

Muslim Clubbers- Freshers Week... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    It's been great! My hijab protects my ears and everything. :music:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aimes_14)
    LOL! Firstly, I don't want to offend anyone. I just wanted to know why some people are a bit iffy about going clubbing because they're Muslim. So I just wanted to see what people think and what "Muslim Clubbers" as I put it, think of the whole experience.
    hey to answer your question im muslims and have been tbh at first your all excited and stuff but cuz your sober 100 things cross your mind the only way i have a good time is if i know the music once you've been the thrill wears off i went quite alot during the 1st weeks but not so much any more i rather just smoke a nice sheesh

ReputationRep:
    Muslims don't belong in clubs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazy Paving)
    It's been great! My hijab protects my ears and everything. :music:
    ROFL. If i had rep, youd be getting it...

Oh wait. New day and all. You have some....

ReputationRep:
    Many people are justifying going clubbing by saying there is nothing haraam as long as one does not commit the sinful act of drinking. This is of course entirely false, as they have overlooked the sole purpose of clubbing: which is to dance to music. There are various parts of Qur'anic scripture that denounce music as a sin.

One hadith from the Bukhari Shareef, the most authentic Book of Hadith, further confirms unlawfulness of music and singing: "There will be people of my Ummah who will seek to make lawful; fornication, wine-drinking and the use of ma`aazif (musical instruments)."

I'm not trying to lecture anyone on their faith, I myself am Muslim, but I feel many of you are misguided in what you think is and isn't permissible or intentially overlook certain aspects of Islam.

ReputationRep:
    I went clubbing on the first week, but that was really only because my STYCs didnt actually say they were going. I spent most of the time on the balcony outside, though thats because I cant dance etc. Ironically there were a few muslims at the club too (oddly one was in a hijab ?) but tbh i never really was into that kind of thing.

You also dont HAVE to go clubbing. Your flatmates might do, but there are plenty of other things to do. I spend my evenings either at societies, meeting friends, playing squash or generally reading. Im quite lucky as i can live on campus in my first year, and the majority of my mates dont like clubbing either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlanetEuropa)
    Muslims don't belong in clubs.
    Interesting. I assume from your previous posts this statement deviates beyond theology. Care to discuss 'why' muslims dont belong in clubs ? Surely, a muslim in a nightclub actually represents the desire of islamaphobic europeans who wish to see muslims 'integrate' with western values ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJay91)
    Sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but why do Muslims have to have an extra thread about clubbing? Does Muslim have a different kind of enjoyment at freshers week than Christian or atheist? I just don't get it, but I'd be very happy if someone of you could explain this to me.
    The muslims have segregated venues..... girlies in one and guys in another. Oh, and they dj halts the music while they have congregational prayers. Other than that it is just the same as atheist/christians clubbing (apart from the booze)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phantom_X)
    Interesting. I assume from your previous posts this statement deviates beyond theology. Care to discuss 'why' muslims dont belong in clubs ? Surely, a muslim in a nightclub actually represents the desire of islamaphobic europeans who wish to see muslims 'integrate' with western values ?
    sorry, this wasn't aimed at me, but did you just say it is the 'islamophobic' europeans who want integration :/ ?

or perhaps by 'western values' you mean drinking and smoking and sticking our fingers up each others arses? bit of a sweeping statement, don't you think? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissFanatical)
    sorry, this wasn't aimed at me, but did you just say it is the 'islamophobic' european s who want integration :/ ?

or perhaps by 'western values' you mean drinking and smoking and sticking our fingers up each others arses? bit of a sweeping statement, don't you think? :/
    I think you didnt get my message.

The OP said 'muslims dont belong in nightclubs'. Now it is obvious he has a different agenda considering his past posts, so much of it was sarcasm.

However, you cannot deny that many 'islamaphobic' europeans often talk about how muslims 'need to integrate', which ofc has come under some debate. For example, a recent interview with some bloke from the EDL saw him saying that 'muslims who come to britain need to accept western values'. Ofc a 'western value' is a very vague term, so by all means I am not generalising about this.
    However, clubbing is much more common in western societies than it is in the east, and if we are talking about clubbing in university, I personally see it as very 'western'. If you go to Syria for example, the university students there tend to relax by going to shisha bars etc.

so my arguement basically said that if a muslim was in a club, surely this could be an example of the muslim 'integrating' with western culture, something that many islamaphobes keep banging on about. what you mean by sticking fingers up arses, im not too sure about though :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phantom_X)
    I think you didnt get my message.

The OP said 'muslims dont belong in nightclubs'. Now it is obvious he has a different agenda considering his past posts, so much of it was sarcasm.

However, you cannot deny that many 'islamaphobic' europeans often talk about how muslims 'need to integrate', which ofc has come under some debate. For example, a recent interview with some bloke from the EDL saw him saying that 'muslims who come to britain need to accept western values'. Ofc a 'western value' is a very vague term, so by all means I am not generalising about this.
    However, clubbing is much more common in western societies than it is in the east, and if we are talking about clubbing in university, I personally see it as very 'western'. If you go to Syria for example, the university students there tend to relax by going to shisha bars etc.

so my arguement basically said that if a muslim was in a club, surely this could be an example of the muslim 'integrating' with western culture, something that many islamaphobes keep banging on about. what you mean by sticking fingers up arses, im not too sure about though :s
    Well yeah lmao but unofficial stonings are much more common in Afghanistan than they are in Western Europe but that doesn't mean I call stoning a 'Middle Eastern value'. In the same way, it's a bit dubious to class going to clubs as a Western value for the sole reason that it's more common activity in the West. I'm glad to say I think the whole idea of 'values' is being shown for what it is (nonsensical) and hopefully we'll see less usage of the terms in the media in the future (well, we won't but hopefully people are starting to see through it).

And I'm afraid I still don't understand why you think Islamophobic people want Muslims to go clubbing :| I don't think that's what people mean when they say 'integration.' When I use the word, I mean it in the sense that I hope it's common for Muslim kids to play with kids of other faiths and colours in school rather than them splitting off into separate groups. And if they want to go clubbing together when they grow up, that's fantastic imo lmao.

Referring to the guy in your quote, I'm going to hazard a guess and assume that by 'accepting Western values' he meant leaving behind values he thought Muslims generally come to Britain holding and was maybe concerned about, such as arranged marriage? Hopefully (I say hopefully cos I don't like it either lmao) that's what he meant, and not something more sinister. I don't think he's suggesting strict Muslims to go clubbing and drink when they don't want to though. I mean, he's not exactly going to tell a young white woman to drink when she didn't want to because she wasn't adhering to 'Western values' :/

ReputationRep:
    Pfft. I don't need to wait till freshers' week to club muslims.

ReputationRep:
    I know this post is dead, but anyone who finds this, PRACTICING Muslims do not club. First remove the title Muslim because I can't imagine the Prophet or sahaba 'clubbing', not only is there alcohol, but there's free mixing, dancing and the rest. I'm a convert and you don't go to these places just for 'fun', there's always an ulterior motive.

I agree there should be one thread for clubbers, otherwise you'll have jewish clubbers, christian clubbers, buddhist clubbers. Get over it, muslims aren't supposed to be clubbing, so basically the post is for other non-practising muslims who know they shouldn't be doing it. It's like having a group for muslim fornicators, or muslim pork eaters, muslim adulterers and muslim secularists.

Oh and this integration rubbish? Islam and Secularism don't mix. It's like forcing Christians or atheists to stop eating pork, just because they live in a muslim country. Get over it, they are two completely different ideologies and the majority of the west is secular. It doesn't mean we can't live side by side in harmony, it just means we aren't supposed to be doing certain things secularists do. Practising Muslims do not club, hence there is no prayer area in a club, nor does the adhan go off over the sound system. And the Imam is hardly gonna be rubbing up on some hijabies in the corner!

ReputationRep:
    rah nuff haraamis agwarn in here!

ReputationRep:
    I am a fully practising Hijabi Muslim, pray 5 times a day, observe Ramadan etc with 100% iman, and I still occasionally go clubbing. Whilst there, I wear my hijab, I do not drink, and I hang out with all females. If ever the environment "gets too alcoholic" for me, I leave. What people are failing to see here is that Islam and religion are between the Muslim and Allah. If I am doing something haraam which, after having read three Quran in English several times and after having taken a one year quranic Arabic course, I have found no Quranic evidence to show me is the case, then IT'S between me and Allah SWT. And if something like music really was haram, don't you think its a bit stupid to think the Almighty who does not forget anything, would forget to put it in the Holy Quran? I'm sick of people getting on their moral high ground and judging as though they are the judge and not Allah.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.