Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    And how often do you talk when you're not together? (on IM, email, phone etc.)

ReputationRep:
    We see each other most weekends and talk most evenings for a couple of hours

ReputationRep:
    Once a month...ish.

MSN - probably everyday.

Phone - few times a week.

You get used to it.

ReputationRep:
    Before he went to university, I saw him six or seven days a week and spent most nights with him. We texted and Skyped when we weren't seeing each other.

Now he's at uni we Skype everyday, talk on the phone everyday and text each other all day. I'm hoping to see him at least once a week once freshers is over :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Daily texts/msn. Calls are rare unless he wants to hear my voice/is upset and etc.
    See each other every two weeks, that's what we agreed on anyway.

ReputationRep:
    For a few days every 2 weeks or so. Text usually once or twice a day. Speak on the phone once a week. Suits me just fine as there is still contact and we also have space.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatholliegirl)
    Before he went to university, I saw him six or seven days a week and spent most nights with him. We texted and Skyped when we weren't seeing each other.

Now he's at uni we Skype everyday, talk on the phone everyday and text each other all day. I'm hoping to see him at least once a week once freshers is over :woo:
    Wow you must take up all of his time. Does he get to see his friends at all?

ReputationRep:
    We're LDR so we have maybe 1-2 weeks in between seeing each other then we'll spend 4 days to a week together at either parent's house (we don't live together yet, in the next 12 months we will be moving in together though).

He's a musician so he has a whole month of touring, then maybe a week off or something like that so I'll maybe go to 1 or 2 gigs then see him when he's back.

When we're apart we text and use facebook chat whenever possible. Usually texting throughout the day in spurts, depending on where he's up to or if he's gigging.

ReputationRep:
    At the moment it's every day/every other day and MSN every night.
    We lived together during the summer and now it feels weird not having him around.

ReputationRep:
    Every day, seeing as I live with him. And even when he goes out, he's always texting to say he misses me :P The most we've been apart since we moved in together (4 months ago) is one night, and that was Saturday night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davezk)
    Wow you must take up all of his time. Does he get to see his friends at all?
    We have the same group of friends so most of the time when we're seeing each other, we're with them too.

ReputationRep:
    I havn't seen him for two weeks, but we skype about every other day and talk on facebook and email everyday.

ReputationRep:
    we talk on the phone everyday and see eachother a couple of times during the week and usually every weekend. its hard but at least my uni is only an hour drive for him :-)

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, 5 days out of seven maybe, it varies
    I stay over a lot though (In his bed right now )

We don't really talk when we're not together though, unless i'm actually out of town or something.

ReputationRep:
    Every day, as we live together
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Not as much as I used too..
    Shes gone to uni this year whilst i'm on a gap year since i'm one of the many medicine re-applicants, glad she's only a couple of hours away by train
    so yeah past weeks been freshers week so haven't been talking much
    texted in a few spurts and spoke on the phone a few times,
    but things are looking up since texting a lot more now and talk on the phone almost everyday, would use msn but mine doesn't work (grr)
    also off to see her this weekend for her freshers ball so will be good to catch up with her
    anyway yeah i can understand anyone else who's finding this difficult, especially those who used to see their partner all the time
    I just think the worst is over, and now things get easier

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, so when you talk every day... what the hell do you talk about? I chat more bs than most but **** it wouldn't be difficult to empty the entire contents of my brain in no time at all if i was talking to someone every single day.

ReputationRep:
    Twice a day.
    Phone/Text/Msn every night
    C'est good

ReputationRep:
    Used to see her like once a week, but for like 2 or 3 days at a time.

Now I'm 5 hours away by train, and will only be able to see each other once every 2 months during term time, at most. It sucks.

ReputationRep:
    everyday, skype/ call
    texting pretty much all day

how sad!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 13, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.