The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Cybele

No seriously, it's almost too normal.

This. It's a bizarrely innocuous diet to make the subject of a thread. Are you putting on/losing weight with it?
Anonymous
Was just wondering in what way this daily food intake is not healthy? Too much carbs or fat?

If you're not losing/gaining weight and don't want to then don't worry about it, but I try to avoid refined carbs most of the time (i.e. sweets, white bread, white pasta) because they mess up my blood sugar or something and make me feel bad.

Also protein/fats (there is nothing wrong at all with eating fat, I mean you're evolved to eat other animals almost exclusively) and wholegrain foods will leave you feeling fuller and with more steady energy levels for longer, e.g. if I have two rounds of white toast for breakfast then I'm hungry again in a couple of hours but if it's wholemeal then I'm sorted until lunch.

Pretty sure Weetabix is whole grain but you didn't comment for the bread roll. If you fancy a change, maybe try two Weetabix with one of those 100 calorie Muller Light pots poured over it, or Greek yoghurt and honey. Nom.
Reply 22
man the harpoons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 23
Sounds fine, I'd expect you to be between 7 1/2 to 8 1/2 stone depending on level of exercise you do and your body type height etc.
Reply 24
Ha that is nothing today I have eaten.

Toast for breakfast. Then a bowl of chrucnhy nut cause I was still hungry.

Cheesy pasta for lunch with about half a battenburg.

A milkyway for a snack and a pork pie...

And I haven't even thought about tea yet!
Reply 25
What?
I've had:
Breakie: 50g porridge, banana, bottle of lucozade
Lunch: Large prawn mayo baguette, small sausage roll, pint of whole milk, tangerine
Dinner: Going to be cottage pie with cheese and 2 bread
Evening: usually 4 slices of toast with peanut butter or summin and another pint of whole milk
Drinks: tea, ginger beer, water
FML!
Just five minstrals? And half a cookie? :lolwut:

Apart from that weirdness, it sounds pretty normal. Maybe a bit less than normal.
That's not that much to be honest. I think you should double your intake of cookies to 1 :cookie:
not sure why though :smile:
Reply 28
control freeeeeeeak.
half a cookie and 6 minstrels? what happens to the other half and other minstrels?! you intrigue me.
Reply 29
I Love Dog
It's not that healthy. But it sounds perfectly normal.

What's unhealthy about that? Seems like they've covered all the food groups and fatty foods are not exsessive (btw i'm basing this on the OP not eating this same set up every day)

I'm not being arsey, just interested why in your opinion this would constitute being unhealthy? Unhealthy is what i've just done... sat with a box of sugar puffs and inevitably scoffed too many handfuls of the sugary cereal :eek3:
Reply 30
You know that's fine.
You should definitely cut down on the amount of sugar on your wheetabix!

Only joking! You eat perfectly normally, in fact you eat almost identically to me! Except I always have a pack of crisps before I go to bed as well.
:lolwut:

I eat much more than that... especially while stoned.
Normal.

Dear god. I post that kind of diet on the fitness forum and I get roasted! Post it on the fitness section please so I can roast you :biggrin:
sarahthegemini
:lolwut: That sounds about normal ...

This. Where does the other half go(cookie)?
(edited 13 years ago)
Anonymous
Ok so i know this is a bit psycho but does this seem like too much food for a 5ft5 girl? I just don't know if I eat normally. Thank you

Breakfast: two weetabix semi skimmed milk and 1 and 1/2 teaspoon sugar

Lunch: Bread Roll, small salad with chilli sauce, scotch egg

Snacks: half a cookie, peach and 5 minstrels

Dinner: Something like home made lasagne or fish and potatoes with veg

Drinks: water or tea

Plus what kind of size/weight would you expect a girl who ate this kind of food daily to be?

That sounds fine to me lol. Why are you worried?
And as for what kind of size weight, it's hard to say. Really depends how active they are. But I wouldn't say anyone who ate this much would be overweight if that's what your getting at?
Kidders
What's unhealthy about that? Seems like they've covered all the food groups and fatty foods are not exsessive (btw i'm basing this on the OP not eating this same set up every day)

I'm not being arsey, just interested why in your opinion this would constitute being unhealthy? Unhealthy is what i've just done... sat with a box of sugar puffs and inevitably scoffed too many handfuls of the sugary cereal :eek3:

Didn't say it was unhealthy, but you said it was "really healthy". I'm not super healthy either but on an average day I don't eat any sweets, put sugar on/in anything or consume many refined/simple carbs in general (apart from beer, haha) because they don't fill me up so I'd just end up eating more than I should or being hungry for most of the day.

And you're allowed to eat fatty foods. Consuming fat doesn't make you put on weight, it's not the '80s any more.

We are evolved to eat and take sustenance from meat, which is composed of fat and protein. High carbohydrate intake, especially of refined/simple carbs, is in evolutionary terms a recent change to the human diet.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 37
I Love Dog
Didn't say it was unhealthy, but you said it was "really healthy". I'm not super healthy either but on an average day I don't eat any sweets, put sugar on/in anything or consume many refined/simple carbs in general (apart from beer, haha) because they don't fill me up so I'd just end up eating more than I should or being hungry for most of the day.

And you're allowed to eat fatty foods. Consuming fat doesn't make you put on weight, it's not the '80s any more.

We are evolved to eat and take sustenance from meat, which is composed of fat and protein. High carbohydrate intake, especially of refined/simple carbs, is in evolutionary terms a recent change to the human diet.

lol fair point, the 'really' may have been a little too generous! Maybe really healthy compared to my daily diet which tends to have little fruit/salad/veg and too much of the old saturarted fat and empty calories ... hey ho i aint no fatty (yet) so won't stress :yes:
microfatcat
My thoughts exactly.
Why not eat 6 minstrels?

That reply made me fall in love with you
FTstudies
That reply made me fall in love with you

...Would you like one of my Minstrels? :wink:
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending