Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone,

I'm 19 and thinking of becoming a primary school teacher. I left secondary school with good GCSE's but went into work full-time. I have been doing a ILEX (institute of legal exec) course for the last 2 years, but have decided that law is not what I want to do. I was wondering what the best route would be for me to take as I'm guessing I will need to get some A-levels first before I can progress. Could someone please direct me or give me some info? I have been looking online but thought it might be good to speak to someone who has had experience of the process.

Thanks!
    xx

ReputationRep:
    I did a Childcare CACHE Diploma and I didn't find it interesting or thought provoking at all!!! It didn't challenge me in the slightest. Then I just went back to A-levels and felt that was the course for me. I would advise you to do the Childcare course if you're more of a practical and visual learner or do A-levels if you're more of an academic learner.

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    A Levels, a good undergraduate degree (with or without QTS), and then a PGCE if your undergraduate degree contains no teaching qualifications.

ReputationRep:
    Please make sure its what you want to do. Ask for experience at a local school for at least 2 weeks as you will get to know what its like over time

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for all your help!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.