Turn on thread page Beta

Foundation Year? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, it seems the most approptiate.
    Anyway, my question is:

Is it possible to apply to Universities at foundation year without completing my A-Levels? The reason I'm saying so is because next year I will be moving to the UK from Cyprus and would like to go straight to University instead of finishing my A2s (therefore to not attend college) for which we can't afford most Colleges. Most Universities list this for International students who haven't done the British curriculum and therefore who haven't got British qualifications. When I move over I will have my AS' and (most likely) Apolytirion. Is going to College and finishing my A2s the only way to get into University or will Universities accept someone like me for their foundation year?

Regards,
    Alex

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexander_K)
    Hello,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, it seems the most approptiate.
    Anyway, my question is:

Is it possible to apply to Universities at foundation year without completing my A-Levels? The reason I'm saying so is because next year I will be moving to the UK from Cyprus and would like to go straight to University instead of finishing my A2s (therefore to not attend college) for which we can't afford most Colleges. Most Universities list this for International students who haven't done the British curriculum and therefore who haven't got British qualifications. When I move over I will have my AS' and (most likely) Apolytirion. Is going to College and finishing my A2s the only way to get into University or will Universities accept someone like me for their foundation year?

Regards,
    Alex
    The best thing to do would be to contact some of the universitys. I think some will let you on, others may not.

x

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Rhiani-ani-on]The best thing to do would be to contact some of the universitys. I think some will let you on, others may not.

This.
    Entry requirements tend to vary from uni to uni, some are more aimed towards mature students etc..

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.