Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Student Finance - are we supposed to be psychic? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I start my course on Oct 4th so I'm a little bit worried about getting the confirmation before I actually attend.

I applied for the loan online, then sent in a "birth certificate" and "compelling reasons" by special delivery. Since then I have been checking every day for the evidence category to change, but it still seemed like they were waiting on evidence. I gave them a call and the Scottish guy on the other end said that everything was fine, they recieved birth cert and I should just wait now, check the website... bla blaa.

My birth cert was returned in the post a while ago, and I've still been checking everyday for a change. As it's only a week from today I attend my course I decided to give them another call. This time I spoke to a very helpful foreign lady, she told me that they are waiting for my "Birth/Adoption Certificate 2010/11" to be returned. Oh but I wasn't told about this? How was I supposed to know? Where does it say I must send this? Well she was as surprised as me and said that I had been asked by letter. The letter was with my birth cert that was returned, but it wasn't. My birth cert was the only thing in the envelope.

So I have downloaded this form now and about to print it off.
    She told me a TIP that might be useful for other in a similar situation: I should send my Birth Cert again because it will go straight to the correct team who are dealing with evidence from 23rd Sept, so they are quite up to date. If I don't send my birth cert again, it will very likely take a lot longer.

I'm not going to be wasting £5 on special delivery again, I'm just going to send it normal post. Thing is I'm not at home today, so will have to travel back tomorrow to try and find someone to sign this document for me, so another slight panic there!

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.