Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobnob)
    The college hasn't actually received your application yet, though. It's still with the Cambridge admissions office, so there's still a slim chance that you'll be able to change your college choice. You'd need to get this sorted out quickly, though, which is why it would be better to resolve this on the phone and not via email, which is bound to take a lot longer to process.
    Okay..
    There might be a slight problem to that.
    I contacted the consultation centre about the mistake.
    She told me it wouldn't really affect my application and Cambridge would more probably look into the details written in my COAF.
    Hence, they would probably send the application to my wanted college written in the COAF, not via UCAS details.

I took that advice for granted and it's been a few days, close to a week.
    Thus, most probably they have already sent the application letter to the colleges.
    The problem is, I'm not sure now, which college did they send to.
    My fear intensified when it is written the wrong college in the Cambridge SAQ, which came a few days after I sent them the COAF.
    Should I email/call to both the colleges too, about the mistake?
    But I'm not sure if they did receive my application.

ReputationRep:
    Get all your money back from the dodgy "agent" and either call admissions officer and explain (which might be kind of embarrassing) or learn to love the new college

ReputationRep:
    Actually pmsl at this.

Getting some 'agent' to fill in your UCAS application hahaha. I think if you need someone to do that then you'd be better not be applying to Cambridge!

Seriously though, you should be able to change it.

ReputationRep:
    lol why would you even need an agent? haha
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by chickyboi)
    Okay..
    There might be a slight problem to that.
    I contacted the consultation centre about the mistake.
    She told me it wouldn't really affect my application and Cambridge would more probably look into the details written in my COAF.
    Hence, they would probably send the application to my wanted college written in the COAF, not via UCAS details.

I took that advice for granted and it's been a few days, close to a week.
    Thus, most probably they have already sent the application letter to the colleges.
    The problem is, I'm not sure now, which college did they send to.
    My fear intensified when it is written the wrong college in the Cambridge SAQ, which came a few days after I sent them the COAF.
    Should I email/call to both the colleges too, about the mistake?
    But I'm not sure if they did receive my application.
    Don't bother calling the colleges directly. Applications are only passed on to them, but they can't actually change things for you. This needs to be sorted out on an admin level, i.e. through UCAS or the Cambridge admissions office (or possibly both). Those are the people you'll need to contact.
    Anyway, I don't think you need to be quite so apprehensive about this. The worst(?) that can possibly happen to you is that you get an offer from a college other than the one you meant to apply to, and even if you had applied to the 'right' college you may have been pooled elsewhere. Chances are that you know next to nothing about this other college, so there's no reason to assume you'd be any unhappier there than at your first-choice college. So relax.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobnob)
    Don't bother calling the colleges directly. Applications are only passed on to them, but they can't actually change things for you. This needs to be sorted out on an admin level, i.e. through UCAS or the Cambridge admissions office (or possibly both). Those are the people you'll need to contact.
    Anyway, I don't think you need to be quite so apprehensive about this. The worst(?) that can possibly happen to you is that you get an offer from a college other than the one you meant to apply to, and even if you had applied to the 'right' college you may have been pooled elsewhere. Chances are that you know next to nothing about this other college, so there's no reason to assume you'd be any unhappier there than at your first-choice college. So relax.

Alright, thanks alot. I feel much better.
    Although, I might wanna ask about something..
    In my COAF i wrote College Y and in the UCAS Application it stated College X.
    After both was sent, and arrived at UK, I received the Cambridge SAQ which stated College X instead of Y.
    Does this mean they've decided College X instead of Y for me, above my inconsistency in the application and the COAF?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by chickyboi)
    Alright, thanks alot. I feel much better.
    Although, I might wanna ask about something..
    In my COAF i wrote College Y and in the UCAS Application it stated College X.
    After both was sent, and arrived at UK, I received the Cambridge SAQ which stated College X instead of Y.
    Does this mean they've decided College X instead of Y for me, above my inconsistency in the application and the COAF?
    I really wouldn't know, sorry. The best thing to do would be to get in touch with the admissions office and ask them what they have on their records (and whether it's still possible to change your college choice).

ReputationRep:
    I got them to change it to my preference.
    Everything is settled so far,
    thanks for the advices everyone.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.