The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Fat+fat=fat
Reply 61
Choccielatte
The child would grow up thinking that it's normal for siblings to do that - there's the potential for them to form inappropriate relationships with their siblings and view their parents relationship as normal.

And that is bad... how? Surely that would be a good thing.

Choccielatte

Presuming they didn't tell the child until later in life; they'd end up alienating them. If I found out my parents were brother and sister (say as a teenage or something) it would mess me up pretty badly. I'd see myself as a freak of nature and an outcast from the norms of society. I'm fairly sure it would affect others in a similarly negative way.

That's why they have to be brought up knowing their parents are siblings.
Reply 62
Ew. It's gross! I can't think anything else!
Reply 63
Generally it is. But I don't have a problem with it. I mean if there saw proper evidence that it significantly raised the chances of having children with disabilities (everything I'be ever seen has always either been completlet biased/unreliable or been talking about 1/2% increase) then I would say they shoudln't have kids. Then again with like embryo selection/selective abortions and such this shouldn't be an issue. I think if they're in love and they're happy it sure as **** doesn't harm me or society. But me and society having a problem with them harms them a lot. Let it be <3
This stype of thing makes me sick.
Reply 65
MrCharmed
Generally it is. But I don't have a problem with it. I mean if there saw proper evidence that it significantly raised the chances of having children with disabilities (everything I'be ever seen has always either been completlet biased/unreliable or been talking about 1/2% increase) then I would say they shoudln't have kids. Then again with like embryo selection/selective abortions and such this shouldn't be an issue. I think if they're in love and they're happy it sure as **** doesn't harm me or society. But me and society having a problem with them harms them a lot. Let it be <3

Ditto.
Stefan1991
And that is bad... how? Surely that would be a good thing.

Incest is NOT a good thing. It is not natural, biologically or socially to have sex and children with your siblings. It's not natural for children to be exposed to an environment where they think its normal to have a sexual/romantic relationship with a sibling. It is miraculous that they have had one healthy child. Hopefully, their unborn child will be the same. But it can cause serious deformities and mental issues within their children. Ultimately, the children of incestuous couples are innocent victims who do not deserve to be tarred with the knowledge that their Mummy and Daddy are social outcasts and that they were born in unconventional circumstances. If their parents are willing enough to have a child when they know that the risk of abnormalities/defects/retardation is so high; what message does that give? It's selfish for incestuous couples to reproduce without thinking about the damage they will do to their child(ren).

Stefan1991
That's why they have to be brought up knowing their parents are siblings.

Again, this is a dangerous notion. Whilst in other circumstances it is preferable to be open with children, this is not good. At a young age, they will assume its the norm and as children do, they will say "My mummy and daddy are brother and sister" to people - putting themselves at risk. I've read about other incest cases in the news; where it is common for social services to take the children born out of incest into care - because it's dangerous for the childs development to be in that environment. It is not morally RIGHT to condone incest to a child - it will destroy their sense of boundary and how they handle relationships. If they go onto have relations with their own siblings, it will be because of their parents and the reasoning will be "If Mummy and Daddy did it, it's not wrong". And the parents will not be able to object, as their actions show otherwise. Incest creates an awful environment in which to raise children: there's the potential for mental trauma and damaged social development.

It's simply immoral, repugnant and as many have said - against the laws of nature. It has been historically stigmatised and rightly so: there has never been a time in which it's been acceptable.
(edited 13 years ago)
Choccielatte
The child would grow up thinking that it's normal for siblings to do that - there's the potential for them to form inappropriate relationships with their siblings and view their parents relationship as normal.

Lol. You're right that the child will feel like an outcast etc. But, his feeling would be no different to the feelings of black people when they finally got to mix with other races and even though they were being prejudiced and bullied against, they are now mostly accepted. His feeling would be how children with homosexuals parents feel now. It's not the child's or parents fault, it's societies.

"You can't help who you fall in love with, it just happens. I fell in love with my sister and I'm not ashamed ... I only feel sorry for my mom and dad, I wish they could be happy for us. We love each other. It's nothing like some old man who tries to **** his three-year-old, that's evil and disgusting ... Of course we're consenting, that's the most important thing. We're not ******* perverts. What we have is the most beautiful thing in the world."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2002/jan/09/familyandrelationships.features103

I am taught a lot of things are normal but I don't do them. It just makes me a less prejudiced person.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 68
It's just... weird. Why would you want to? It's your sister!
Wow. Imagine finding that out when you already had a baby.... :lolwut:
Choccielatte
Incest is NOT a good thing. It is not natural, biologically or socially to have sex and children with your siblings.

It is natural, get you're facts right. It isn't natural socially though but so wasn't homosexuality or interracial relationships.

Choccielatte
Ultimately, the children of incestuous couples are innocent victims who do not deserve to be tarred with the knowledge that their Mummy and Daddy are social outcasts

Whose fault is it that they're are social outcasts?

Choccielatte
I've read about other incest cases in the news; where it is common for social services to take the children born out of incest into care - because it's dangerous for the childs development to be in that environment

Yeah and this is good why? Could you imagine we did this to interrracial children and/or children raised by homosexuals? The predujice wouldn't end. It would just worsen.

Choccielatte
It is not morally RIGHT to condone incest to a child - it will destroy their sense of boundary and how they handle relationships. If they go onto have relations with their own siblings, it will be because of their parents and the reasoning will be "If Mummy and Daddy did it, it's not wrong". And the parents will not be able to object, as their actions show otherwise. Incest creates an awful environment in which to raise children: there's the potential for mental trauma and damaged social development.

If the children want to have a relationships and they understand it (understand the social pressure, risks involved etc), then who are we to stop them?

Choccielatte
It's simply immoral, repugnant and as many have said - against the laws of nature. It has been historically stigmatised and rightly so: there has never been a time in which it's been acceptable.

How is it against the laws of nature? Who defines what's immoral?
In2deep
I doubt it will matter though, I imagine incestuous relationships won't be illegal in maybe 20 years or so, maybe less.
:biggrin: Why would you possibly think that?
jismith1989
:biggrin: Why would you possibly think that?

Because society is becoming more liberal and open-minded?
Reply 73
humidex7
It's just... weird. Why would you want to? It's your sister!

Like in most cases of consensual incest (or at least the ones that get into the papers), they didn't know they were related when they met. Imagine you were completely in love with someone and wanted to spend the rest of your life with them, and then one day you find our they are your sibling. I'm sure if they had grown up as brother and sister, or maybe even if they'd have just known they were related when they first met, they wouldn't have developed those feelings for each other. But now that they have those feelings, they aren't going to stop instantly the moment they find out they're related.
Theconomist
I read somewhere that when growing up some genes that cause sibling rivalry prevent you from actually being turned on by your brothers/sisters.
This is sick.

Brotherly love?
Reply 75
In2deep
This is really messed up :sad:

They found out that they were related after they had their first child so this is a bit different to all out incest but still, it's soo wrong.

I doubt it will matter though, I imagine incestuous relationships won't be illegal in maybe 20 years or so, maybe less.

I agree
:puke:
hmm well not if you an athiest anthing goes, because under islamic culture people marry their cousin for safety etc...
An article which takes 3 paragraphs to explain what a wedding is...
Please stop posting trash from the mail.
Reply 79
No offence to people who did reply recently on &#8220;agreeing with incest&#8221; or &#8220;incest with no children..fine&#8221; but just the feeling of having sex with my sister is sickness... I mean it&#8217;s gross and it makes me feel nauseous. It&#8217;s kinda of social stigma not to mention the religious condemnation.

Latest

Trending

Trending