Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

American censorship watch

Announcements
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    When it comes to anything about sexuality in films/books or even video games a mass moral crusade seems to launch in the US that you don't really see anywhere else, although the UK is similar usually the reactions are not as extreme.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-11417672
    This is an intresting article that I found on the BBC about it.

Why does this kind of backlash always seem to happen in the US when it comes to anything even remoltly sexual. They want to censor,ban and control books for 14 to 18 year olds. Why is there a movement in America that seems to think it can control what their children are doing.

Quote from the article tis is a reaction to a book that was aimed at teenage girls "I find it absolutely amazing that you as a mother find it appropriate to inform young innocent minds of such things as thongs, French kissing, tampons and erections."

What is it abou America that they seem to hold freedom is speech so close yet at the same time control and censor anything that could somehow corrupt their young.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.