Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Unsure whether to go to concert... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    this probably sounds like a really pathetic post to most of you, but oh well!

basically I have been invited to go see bullet for my valentine (who I loveeee) in december up in London. only problemo is that its with 8 guys, of which I only know 4 of them, and not considerably well.

my concern is that they will kinda bugger off when we're in the huge crowds cause the venue is massiveeee, and being a smallish girl I don't wanna be crushed. having said that I am normally pretty confident in big crowds and I love all the pushing/shoving etc, but this is when I am with close friends that will hold onto me and never let go haha.

I am just abit worried I'll be a liability to them :p:

do you reckon I should go?

ReputationRep:
    Go! Don't miss out on it.
    You can stand slightly further back where the pushing wouldn't be so bad and then it wouldn't matter. I'm a 5 foot 1 girl and that's what I do if I'm not in the mood for being shoved around.

ReputationRep:
    I love music, but LOATHE concerts.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Surely if your the one girl and you know 4 of them well and 4 of them not so well the 4 you do know will look out for you?

ReputationRep:
    You could try asking them if you could bring one of your girl-friends?

ReputationRep:
    Go go go! You'll probably really regret not going to see them otherwise. Yeah you can just go further back if there's too much pushing and shoving.

ReputationRep:
    just go and stop being such a pussy! I took my sister to a gig and lost her within the first song. I found her afterwards and she had the time of her life and I met a cool guy in the crowd so that was awesome.

Is this the one at Wembley Arena on the 12th December with BMTH supporting? If so, defo go, I am going aswell, I have seen bullet like 6 times, and every time it is fecking brilliant.
    The other 4 you know will look out for you, you do not want to miss out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hothedgehog)
    just go and stop being such a pussy! I took my sister to a gig and lost her within the first song. I found her afterwards and she had the time of her life and I met a cool guy in the crowd so that was awesome.
    hey, I am not a pussy :p: I just don't wanna be a liability to them haha.
    I am going, I took your advice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krakatoa)
    Is this the one at Wembley Arena on the 12th December with BMTH supporting? If so, defo go, I am going aswell, I have seen bullet like 6 times, and every time it is fecking brilliant.
    The other 4 you know will look out for you, you do not want to miss out.
    yeah, its on the 12th! I've been to Wembley Arena before so I know its huge, just the only band I saw there was Paramore... where the crowds are hardly going to be lethal :p:

I am definitely going, I have said yes, I may regret it if I come out with a black eye haha, but I'm sure it will be brilliant. also the other support is Atreyu, who I love!

look out for me, I'll be the very short blond girl probably falling over a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mally-xo)
    this probably sounds like a really pathetic post to most of you, but oh well!

basically I have been invited to go see bullet for my valentine (who I loveeee) in december up in London. only problemo is that its with 8 guys, of which I only know 4 of them, and not considerably well.

my concern is that they will kinda bugger off when we're in the huge crowds cause the venue is massiveeee, and being a smallish girl I don't wanna be crushed. having said that I am normally pretty confident in big crowds and I love all the pushing/shoving etc, but this is when I am with close friends that will hold onto me and never let go haha.

I am just abit worried I'll be a liability to them :p:

do you reckon I should go?
    You say 'problemo' like Neil in the Inbetweeners.

ReputationRep:
    hey, I am not a pussy :p: I just don't wanna be a liability to them haha.
    I am going, I took your advice!
    Excellent choice! :p: People will keep an eye out for you, crowds are usually really nice about stuff like that. Have a great gig!

ReputationRep:
    yeah, its on the 12th! I've been to Wembley Arena before so I know its huge, just the only band I saw there was Paramore... where the crowds are hardly going to be lethal :p:

I am definitely going, I have said yes, I may regret it if I come out with a black eye haha, but I'm sure it will be brilliant. also the other support is Atreyu, who I love!

look out for me, I'll be the very short blond girl probably falling over a lot
    Wow I'm jealous. I love Bullet & Atreyu.

You'll be alright the 4 guys you should know should look out for you but if they don't just avoid the insane mosh pits. The pushing & shoving is just normal stuff in gigs and I'm sure you'll hold your own.

Enjoy!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJay91)
    You say 'problemo' like Neil in the Inbetweeners.
    excuse-moi... other way round! Neil says 'problemo' like me

oh the other hand - Neil is a legend so I'll forgive you for your mistake

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hothedgehog)
    Excellent choice! :p: People will keep an eye out for you, crowds are usually really nice about stuff like that. Have a great gig!
    yeah I fell over before and I just got yanked up and smushed on someone's shoulders :p: thanks very much, am sure it will be great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I<3LAMP)
    Wow I'm jealous. I love Bullet & Atreyu.

You'll be alright the 4 guys you should know should look out for you but if they don't just avoid the insane mosh pits. The pushing & shoving is just normal stuff in gigs and I'm sure you'll hold your own.

Enjoy!!
    so we share a love for BFMV, Atreyu ANDDDD beluga whales...

soulsisters much? :p:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.