Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Well for the past few weeks i have been feeling really tired, and sometimes to the point where i could just close my eyes and drop off easily! My eyes feel so weak that i need to close them.
    Also i feel quite weak sometimes and im doing my A levels atm and sometimes i just dont have the energy to do the work. (not because i dont want to or i cba to, but generally because i dont have enough energy).
    Also about 3/4 weeks ago at work, i was unpacking some shoes. then all of a sudden i felt my heart beat realllyyy fast! i thought i was having some kinda of panic attack but i wasnt cos i felt normal just my heart was beating reallyy fast. that lasted about 2 minutes but i dont remember having another moment like that. but i have been getting some kind of chest pain like abit of tightness i think.
    Also, i drink quite abit of tea. probs around 5 cups a day. i do drink a far bit of water though. I dont really eat much meat like beef, pork, lamb because i dont like it and i find it hard to chew and swallow.

I've only really thought of this because i complained to my biology teacher that i was always tired and she said it could either be anemia or seasonal change.

nott suree, any advice??

ReputationRep:
    How exactly do you suppose TSR is going diagnose you? Go to your GP and ask about it.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you don't eat enough. Or you have depression. Or you're dying.. who knows on here??? Doctors!

ReputationRep:
    :doctor:

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like anaemia.
    Those are EXACTLY the symptoms I had!

I'm chain tea drinker (10+ cups a day) and my doctor told me that drinking tea inhibits iron absorption (google it).
    I suddenly realised that I was falling asleep in ALL my lectures in uni, walking up a flight of stairs drained me and any running made me feel sick...but it happened so gradually that I didn't notice.

If you don't eat much meat it's harder to obtain iron from your diet (even with leafy greens)...or so I've heard.

ReputationRep:
    Could be. When I was anemic I was tired and dizzy all the time. Go get a blood test.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by casiogeek)
    Well for the past few weeks i have been feeling really tired, and sometimes to the point where i could just close my eyes and drop off easily! My eyes feel so weak that i need to close them.
    Also i feel quite weak sometimes and im doing my A levels atm and sometimes i just dont have the energy to do the work. (not because i dont want to or i cba to, but generally because i dont have enough energy).
    Also about 3/4 weeks ago at work, i was unpacking some shoes. then all of a sudden i felt my heart beat realllyyy fast! i thought i was having some kinda of panic attack but i wasnt cos i felt normal just my heart was beating reallyy fast. that lasted about 2 minutes but i dont remember having another moment like that. but i have been getting some kind of chest pain like abit of tightness i think.
    Also, i drink quite abit of tea. probs around 5 cups a day. i do drink a far bit of water though. I dont really eat much meat like beef, pork, lamb because i dont like it and i find it hard to chew and swallow.

I've only really thought of this because i complained to my biology teacher that i was always tired and she said it could either be anemia or seasonal change.

nott suree, any advice??

I've been anaemic recently and your symptoms do sound like the ones I had. When I'd gone upstairs I used to feel a bit dizzy and my heart was beating fast and I felt tired all the time. I ate fish but didn't eat meat and I had heavy periods and those things can contribute.

When I went to the doctor because I thought the tiredness was getting a bit extreme it turned out I was extremely anaemic.

Go to your GP and ask for a blood test, the results come back in a few days. You can get an iron supplement from the chemist.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 28, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.