Turn on thread page Beta

Who is taking a gap year ? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    And why?
    isit cause of your AS grades, or because u want 2 just take a year out...
    im having 2 take a gap year and feel SO SO SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO upset about it I can't stand seeing every1 else in my year go off 2 uni
    emotional i know.

my main q. was what shall I do in my gap year? I cba 2 do anymore work experience I have plenty and learnt a lot from it. So I was wondering, if I apply next year, will the unis want to know what I was up to during my gap year, and why I applied a year later...if not can I just 'chill'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 786girl)
    And why?
    isit cause of your AS grades, or because u want 2 just take a year out...
    im having 2 take a gap year and feel SO SO SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO upset about it I can't stand seeing every1 else in my year go off 2 uni
    emotional i know.

my main q. was what shall I do in my gap year? I cba 2 do anymore work experience I have plenty and learnt a lot from it. So I was wondering, if I apply next year, will the unis want to know what I was up to during my gap year, and why I applied a year later...if not can I just 'chill'?
    Dude I was exactly in the same positon as you... I was going to take a gap year this year because of i) my AS grades (BBBC) and ii) my crap UKCAT score of 590.

However I am still applying just for the lolz to be honest, and just to see how the whole interview process works if indeed I even make it that far
    But yeah I am already set for 4 rejections and am planning my gap year. Make sure you do something productive like work or something!

ReputationRep:
    On my gap year now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Derren)
    Dude I was exactly in the same positon as you... I was going to take a gap year this year because of i) my AS grades (BBBC) and ii) my crap UKCAT score of 590.

However I am still applying just for the lolz to be honest, and just to see how the whole interview process works if indeed I even make it that far
    But yeah I am already set for 4 rejections and am planning my gap year. Make sure you do something productive like work or something!
    lool so am I
    Im expecting to get 4 rejections, but I don't know where to apply...where are u thinking of?
    let me know asap my deadline was today LOL

ReputationRep:
    There is a thread with loads of us! Find 2011 Medicine Reapplicants.

ReputationRep:
    i kinda have to take a gap year too and feel awful

results are perfect
    ukcat.. doing it next week

everythings great
    but im considered and international student!!! cant pay the international fees for medicine!!!

ReputationRep:
    My AS: ABBB

Prediction: ABB (my cousin got ABCD at AS and got predicted AAB)

Gap year it is.

And today my teacher told me I'm not a serious student and don't deserve to help out in the open evening. Freakin' heart broken.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 27, 2010
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.