The Student Room Group

Low AS grades Applying for Uni

Ok so here's the situation: I want to go to uni and study Biological Sciences then after uni do a PGCE and become a science teacher.

Last year in my AS's I got:
B in Biology which I was fairly close to an A in but my practical exam lowered my grade.
D in Chemistry
D in Physics
C in Critical Thinking :s-smilie: (Dropped this, almost as useless as R.E.)

My predicted grades are probably going to be something like ACC I imagine.

In my GCSEs I did get AAA in Bio/Chem/Phys but let's face it GCSEs were easy enough to slack through.

Most of the Universities I'm looking at want ABB or AAB. I'm not even going to consider anything that wants AAA because Chemistry is very hard.

My school isn't very good to say the least with low progression to Higher Education so I can apply to Birmingham Uni via the A2B scheme which could possibly deduct 2 grades from the normal offer which is AAB-BBB.

I can't really see them giving an offer of BCC considering AAB-BBB is a fairly large gap.

Do I stand any chance of getting an offer to a uni asking for ABB? I'm really not sure if I can get the grades at the moment unless I do a ridiculous amount of work. Biology should be ok and Physics is possible but Chemistry is going to be near impossible.

The only other thing I do outside of school to increase my chances is playing in a concert band but that's not related to Biological Sciences.

Am I screwed?

Latest

Trending

Trending