Turn on thread page Beta

Insurance Quotes watch

ReputationRep:
    What are the cheapest cars going out there fro a 17year old Boy? who has just passed his test? I am looking at cars like Nissan Micra , Corsas , 106 , 206.. etc.. i am looking for a car that will be CHEAPEST going insurance because i really need as cheap as i can get! i know there has been millions of threads like these but i want to make one for me! please help people i need as much help as i can get

a few more questions
    1. Theory test? Best way to revise? Do i need to read the highway code millions of times.. because i have done 4 Mock tests today and got 46/50 46/50 20/20 and 48/50 today so far

2. How much will Pass plus knock off my insurance! cause i am thinking about doing it

3. will going on parents insurance save alot?

Sorry i know all of these have been asked before!

ReputationRep:
    1. Use the official DVD's for practice questions and the book with road symbols etc

2. Not sure check with your insurer

3. Yes if you are a named driver and they are the main driver; obviously then your parents need to actually be the main driver of the car or the insurance won't pay out in the event of a claim

I have a 206 1.4 GLX which is £600 to insure me; so there are some good deals out there if you look hard enough.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Insurance for a 17 year old boy is never gonna be cheap but heres a few tips you might want to bear in mind:
    * Get a car which is as low a insurance group as you can. Fiat scientos (or whatever they are called are only group 1 insurance. Fiat puntos seem quite cheap to insure (mine was for example). Ford Ka's and nissan micras are good choices too. Avoid going for something like a corsa, saxo, 106 etc as they are typical young driver cars and insurance companies will think "boy racer"
    *Alternatively, a lot of people on the student room seem to say get a big car, like a ford mondeo as they are quite cheap, dont know how true this is though.
    *Try comparason websites to get a quote as cheap as possible. Alternatively, try tesco car insurance, they were magga cheap for me anyway.
    *Have your mum, dad, older brothers and sisters etc on your insurance as named drivers, even if they wont really drive the car. This brings the price down a lot.
    *Have third party fire and theft (or even third party) insurance as this is cheaper than fully comp.
    *You could try pass plus, but i dont know how successful it will be though with getting a lower quote, some people i spoke to said that they knocked off little, if anything at all.
    *I dont know how new a car you can afford, but i also found when getting quotes that newer cars tend to be cheaper to insure, mainly because insurers think that if you have a new car, you will look after it and drive more carefully etc. With older cars they think that you will be less bothered about crashing it and are more likely to drive around like a boy racer.
    * Also dont have any modifications. If you do then you have to tell the insurer (or else the insurance doesnt pay out if you have a crash) and that makes the price higher.

Hope this helps anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dudleyian)
    1. Use the official DVD's for practice questions and the book with road symbols etc

2. Not sure check with your insurer

3. Yes if you are a named driver and they are the main driver; obviously then your parents need to actually be the main driver of the car or the insurance won't pay out in the event of a claim

I have a 206 1.4 GLX which is £600 to insure me; so there are some good deals out there if you look hard enough.

your a boy and your car is a 1.4 and your paying 600£ HOWWW? how is that even possible.. whats your age?

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know any SPECIFIC insurers who insure for less than £2500.
    I've been looking for ages and i cant get insured for less than £4000 by any insurer even if i only go on third party. I'm talking about a 1.2 Vauxhall Corsa btw

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R. Murray)
    ALL price comparison websites are shocking, no thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeMH)
    ALL price comparison websites are shocking, no thank you.
    Well phone them up you lazy *******. I'm insured with admiral for £900 if that helps but most of the cheap insurers will be found on the "cheap car insurance" thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R. Murray)
    Well phone them up you lazy *******. I'm insured with admiral for £900 if that helps but most of the cheap insurers will be found on the "cheap car insurance" thread.
    I havent even passed yet mate, I was just gonna get a foundation to move on instead of getting quoted £4500 everywhere i look.
    I'm new here so I didn't know there was a cheap insurer thread so think before you spout your ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeMH)
    I havent even passed yet mate, I was just gonna get a foundation to move on instead of getting quoted £4500 everywhere i look.
    I'm new here so I didn't know there was a cheap insurer thread so think before you spout your ****.
    If you've checked comparison sites, what else is there to do but phone around? You scrolled right past the thread which is at the top of the page :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nialldotcom)
    your a boy and your car is a 1.4 and your paying 600£ HOWWW? how is that even possible.. whats your age?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dudleyian)
    What Company are you with?

ReputationRep:
    To quote my insurance company 'Bend over sunshine, we've got you here. You're a young male with no NCB. muahahahahhahahha!'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeMH)
    I've been looking for ages and i cant get insured for less than £4000 by any insurer even if i only go on third party. I'm talking about a 1.2 Vauxhall Corsa btw
    Try Admiral, Elephant, Tesco/ASDA/Sainsburys.

I would guess you a filling in details wrong if it's that high though - double check your car value. Have you had a crash or speeding ticket in the past?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spasmos)
    Try Admiral, Elephant, Tesco/ASDA/Sainsburys.

I would guess you a filling in details wrong if it's that high though - double check your car value. Have you had a crash or speeding ticket in the past?
    I havent even passed my practical nor do i have a car yet, im just doing it as if i had, and no i havent got a speeding ticket or anything else that would affect insurance, nor am i filling it in wrong.
    1.2 SXi Corsa and i live in london, still shouldn't top £2000

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeMH)
    I havent even passed my practical nor do i have a car yet, im just doing it as if i had, and no i havent got a speeding ticket or anything else that would affect insurance, nor am i filling it in wrong.
    1.2 SXi Corsa and i live in london, still shouldn't top £2000
    The fact that it's SXi and that you live in London would bump it higher then normal, but still not £4000. Try adding parents as named drivers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spasmos)
    The fact that it's SXi and that you live in London would bump it higher then normal, but still not £4000. Try adding parents as named drivers.
    I've tried that and it takes nothing off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nialldotcom)
    What Company are you with?
    Admiral
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by JoeMH)
    Try tesco car insurance. I found they were far cheaper than anyone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma:-))
    Try tesco car insurance. I found they were far cheaper than anyone else.
    You need to be 18 or over to get a quote from them, i'm only 17.

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.