Turn on thread page Beta

Your favorite species of wild animals watch

ReputationRep:
    As the forum's title says Animals & Pets, I guess this is also the place to discuss topics related to wild animals. Why?

For me, it is the killer whale for the simple reason that they are the apex predators in the ocean and in the same time, an orca would never hurt a human, unless angered or provoked by something, hence orcas are gentle giants. They are also highly intelligent and loyal to each other. A male orca would never cheat on his female mate. They are also excellent parents. They are also the only animals besides us, humans that have developed an instinct to kill for vengeance.

Your turn now. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm. Good question:

For me, it'd have to be either the Orca too. Or, the Wild Dogs of Africa.

I'm so intregued by their hunting skills, and how they coordinate together. Once the prey is caught, they feed the old, sick and young first. They are the Devil on the shoulder of our domesticated Dogs. Yet still so facinating.

ReputationRep:
    Dolphins - they protect humans.
    Wolves - most of them can jam with most dogs.

ReputationRep:
    Painted Hunting Dogs are absolutely gorgeous.
    I love them (and their ears) :yep:

ReputationRep:
    either a lion or a tiger, I'm sometimes swayed to leopards though...I will generalise my decision to all big cats!
    as to why, i don't know they just have that sense of pride about them with a majestic feel and they are very intelligent when it comes to the whole hunting and living together

ReputationRep:
    Capybaras.

They're just hilarious, s'all.

ReputationRep:
    Wolves.

They're just amazing

ReputationRep:
    The wolf & the snow leopard... I like the mystery lying behind those animals.

ReputationRep:
    Elephants... why? I spent last summer surrounded by them. Spent days following them just taking pictures and watching them, interesting watching their different roles and how they act as families.

ReputationRep:
    I like the thomson's gazelle. Why? I've liked them since I was tiny and I cba changing my fav.
    ALTHOUGH, iLike the long-nosed butterfly fish too.

^I sound like such a gimp. <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrannosaurus Cal)
    Capybaras.

They're just hilarious, s'all.
    This. Though I like them because they are effectively a giant guinea pig. :]

ReputationRep:

Baby animals are always so cute...but hedgehogs are still cute when they're older :yep:

I quite like ocelots, too

...I dunno, I'm an animal lover in general :p: The more animals I think of, the more I think I really like, and I can't really put them in any sort of order of preference.

ReputationRep:
    I like them things that look like rhinos but have a mini trunk. I would like to attach a suction thing to it.
    I also want one as a pet.

ReputationRep:
    Whales. Especially blue whales :love:

Oh, and white tigers. They're beautiful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BADBOY89)
    As the forum's title says Animals & Pets, I guess this is also the place to discuss topics related to wild animals. Why?

For me, it is the killer whale for the simple reason that they are the apex predators in the ocean and in the same time, an orca would never hurt a human, unless angered or provoked by something, hence orcas are gentle giants. They are also highly intelligent and loyal to each other. A male orca would never cheat on his female mate. They are also excellent parents. They are also the only animals besides us, humans that have developed an instinct to kill for vengeance.

Your turn now. :yes:
    Orcas are not gentle! They sometimes torture and toy with their prey before deciding that actually, they aren't even that peckish. Badass but not very kind. Amazing creatures on the whole but then, all the best things are matriarchal.

Just kidding.

Not.

:p:

Huskies are great.

ReputationRep:
    slugs, probably the most fantastical and most imaginative species the world has ever seen.

Technically 'slugs' aren't 'slugs'. They're what comes out when a group of organisms come together because for example they're aren't getting enough light because they're at the bottom of a leaf. They come together CREATE a slug, go to the top of the leaf, maybe a more favourable place and become separate organisms again...

Other than that lichen. Grows anywhere and everywhere. It takes centuries for only a tiny bit to grow and it's only known purpose for growing is simply because it has an instinct to survive.

ReputationRep:
    beluga whales!
    if you google image them and not smile, you are a heartless person!
    they just grin all the time and there have been articles about them helping sea divers under the ice, by grabbing hold of their hands and dragging them to air holes
    they can also blow air bubbles... adorable or what!?

ReputationRep:
    Bears interest me, the way that each species are different from the panda to the brown bear, they also have a vast array of habitats and found in a lot of climates

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eveiebaby)
    I like them things that look like rhinos but have a mini trunk. I would like to attach a suction thing to it.
    I also want one as a pet.
    TAPIR!
    What brilliant noses!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cyfer)
    slugs, probably the most fantastical and most imaginative species the world has ever seen.

Technically 'slugs' aren't 'slugs'. They're what comes out when a group of organisms come together because for example they're aren't getting enough light because they're at the bottom of a leaf. They come together CREATE a slug, go to the top of the leaf, maybe a more favourable place and become separate organisms again...

Other than that lichen. Grows anywhere and everywhere. It takes centuries for only a tiny bit to grow and it's only known purpose for growing is simply because it has an instinct to survive.

Look at these sexing slugs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ma..._Slug_4124.jpg

Does it excite you?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.