Turn on thread page Beta

Your favorite species of wild animals watch

ReputationRep:
    Cheetahs and Lemurs.

ReputationRep:
    Orangutans. :love: I'm hoping to volunteer over in Borneo next year for a month or so.

ReputationRep:
    Women

ReputationRep:
    Pandas, nothing you can possibly hate, or not love about a Panda.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mally-xo)
    beluga whales!
    if you google image them and not smile, you are a heartless person!
    they just grin all the time and there have been articles about them helping sea divers under the ice, by grabbing hold of their hands and dragging them to air holes
    they can also blow air bubbles... adorable or what!?

I don't like the weird bulges on their heads.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mally-xo)
    how 'bout we club together and buy some sea? I have... *checks bank balance* £35.52
    I have -£828.07 :sad:

It's ok I'll save up pwomise!

ReputationRep:

Bull our European brown bear

Harry and Sally our Eurasian short clawed otters

I have chosen my favourite animals at work, which can also be found in the wild.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acdunn)
    I don't like the weird bulges on their heads.
    you don't? I think its interesting... how any other animals have melon heads?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I<3LAMP)
    I have -£828.07 :sad:

It's ok I'll save up pwomise!
    you're in minus numbers? oh noooo, we shall never have our little whale-y pals

ReputationRep:
    Elephants.

The way their family units are so strong, their intelligence, the fact that an animal so massive and hefty are capeable of being so gentle and emotive.

Also gorillas, for the same reason. This boy falls into a gorilla enclosure at the zoo, is knocked out, and the silverback comes over and strokes his back whilst standing guard. :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    Definately agree with killer whales. They are incredible. So smart, and have created complex hunting strategies, are extremely social, and even have complex language with dialects, and culture. The absolute top apex predators, even over great white sharks. There's even footage of them "saving" their own prey animals (ie, pushing baby sea lions back to shore and seals onto ice flows - after teaching their babies how to get them off for hunting).
    And as said, they almost never attack humans. One case, an orca beached itself to catch what it thought was a sea lion on the shore - as it rushed to the animal, it realised it was actually a child, and aborted the attack instantly - although very close to grabbing him! They just always amaze me. Ie, with dolphins, they seem to treat us differently to all other animals.

ReputationRep:
    Spiders!!! They're amazing - so many different types too! 8 eyed, fast moving, web-slinging hooligans! Imagine if they were our size!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cable)
    My favourite: TIGERS:yep: It's no surprise since i have many similar abilities to them. My favourite ability that i have in common with them is jumping. Tigers are great at leaping and it fascinates me when i see them leaping unto trees and long distances. They are very versatile and they can adapt to different environments (they're great swimmers for example). Their aggression, ferociousness and playfulness is amazing and exciting to watch. Their furs are full of art and the tiger cubs are cute (at the risk of sounding gay). I think they're fantastic combatants with many abilities/skills in their locker for any opponent and they're the true depiction of the wild. :top:
    Also, in my honest opinion, they are the true kings of the jungle/wild.

Don't get me wrong, i think all animals are fascinating in their own way but TIGERS RULE!
    :banana2:
    You can jump!?

Really!? Wow, You're SO AMAZING!!!

I'm still trying to learn how to jump. Any tips?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BADBOY89)
    What about Orca: The Killer Whale? Didn't Nolan deserve to be killed by the whale for killing an innocent pregnant female whale? Yes he did. Didn't Annie deserve to have her leg bitten off by the whale? Yes she did - an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth: Nolan killed the whale's mate, therefore his assistant also ought to be harmed. Oh how I wish Nolan's death was more painful.
    That film is the most ridiculously unrealistic piece of crap, lol.
    Some gorgeous footage in it, though.

(Original post by DH-Biker)
    Well, there have been several Trainers killed in commercial sea-life zoos such as Sea-World.
    Also, they've been known to kill fisherman and scuba-divers.

Also, its worth noting that many of the so called, "confirmed attacks" could be confused with attacks from other marine animals. E.G Sharks.

Trust me, they aren't the "gentle giants" people make them out to be after watching Free-Willy... :rolleyes:
    I completely agree with the last sentence - as with the bottlenose dolphins.
    But. Where did you hear about the fishermen and suba-divers? That's not true at all.
    The only times orcas kill humans are those few times in captivity, let alone commonly "known to", etc. Secondly, those times someone has died to an orca in captivity, the incidents have some qualities to them which make it very questionable as to whether the whale simply decided to kill them, as assumed. That's one thing that's so fascinating about them - how they are indeed "killers" and show cruel tendancies (ie, the torturously slow hunting of baby great whales, or playing with sea lions) - but in contrast, incredibly gentle with humans.

Even the deaths in captivity are strikingly rare compared to the level of opportunity they have - both with how they interact with their trainers, and the large amount of time in doing so - and compared to other animals, and most of the "attacks" are mild warnings which could have been ten times worse in an instant if the orcas had really been interested in causing harm (such as grabbing a leg only hard enough to hold on, when they could snap us in half in an instant).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cyfer)
    You can jump!?

Really!? Wow, You're SO AMAZING!!!

I'm still trying to learn how to jump. Any tips?
    Oi m8 . No need for the nasty sarcasm there lol.
    And yes i'm the only human to be able to jump :woo:

*sarcasm there for you*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cable)
    Oi m8 . No need for the nasty sarcasm there lol. I meant to say jumping at good heights in high jump (athletics). I have been fantastic at high jump for years as well as coming first, in high jump, in the district championships in the city. Just explaining that interest i have in jumping at good heights which is similar to tigers (of course they jump way better than we can).

And yes i'm the only human to be able to jump :woo:

*sarcasm there for you*
    'Oi m8 .' No need for being a nasty hypocrite there lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cyfer)
    It was supposed to be a funny jibe at ya for being sarcastic. Don't get me wrong, i liked ur sarcasm (it was well spotted of ya) and i deserved it for the way I worded my original post. But i was just joking back with my responses. Understand?
    Cos if ya don't, imma get my 2 tigers on yo ass :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cyfer)
    Don't feel threatened by my fake threat (yea, cos you would have believed i had 2 tigers with me lol). I have been sarcastic all this time and i gotta say wen i read your responses, I was laughing and angry at myself at the same time for not checking how i worded my sentences carefully lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cyfer)
    Technically 'slugs' aren't 'slugs'. They're what comes out when a group of organisms come together because for example they're aren't getting enough light because they're at the bottom of a leaf. They come together CREATE a slug, go to the top of the leaf, maybe a more favourable place and become separate organisms again....
    You should be teaching zoology :lol:

I would correct you, but I ADORE your post

This made me smile too:

(Original post by cyfer)
    it's only known purpose for growing is simply because it has an instinct to survive.

ReputationRep:
    Red Panda. It's like a sexy raccoon.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.