Turn on thread page Beta

3rd time..help me out please.. replies needed! watch

ReputationRep:
    hi, i changed courses last week realising that it was better if i could picture myself in a certain job related to that course..

it's horticulture, it kinda suits me in a way..

now i've gone back onto it i'm suddenly having doubts already! i've been extremely quiet and nervous i'm just wondering is it because i'm unsettled? 1 particular teacher and student put me off it a bit.. do you not think this is petty? should i get over it? oh i hate it when i'm in bad situations so much...

do you think it would be a good idea to switch again? if i did 3 gcse's in year 2 in conjunction with the main course is it still ok? i'm doing english GCSE atm

ReputationRep:
    how did the teacher and student put you off? at the end of the day you felt it was right to change course so stick with your gut instinct. you could still change course after a couple of weeks if you're unhappy, just be patient :yep:

i don't really understand why you need to resit gcses? but i'd consider taking them in year 1 if you can as year one generally doesn't count towards your final degree so there's less pressure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdemilyxx)
    how did the teacher and student put you off? at the end of the day you felt it was right to change course so stick with your gut instinct. you could still change course after a couple of weeks if you're unhappy, just be patient :yep:

i don't really understand why you need to resit gcses? but i'd consider taking them in year 1 if you can as year one generally doesn't count towards your final degree so there's less pressure.
    it's a long, complicated story as to why i'm doing them again. the subject is horticulture; i've thought about doing plant biology after. it's somewhat related to biology i guess, i'm not sure..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkSonic_2009)
    it's a long, complicated story as to why i'm doing them again. the subject is horticulture; i've thought about doing plant biology after. it's somewhat related to biology i guess, i'm not sure..

well i'd say just give it a go, and if you're still not happy after a couple of weeks then ask to switch :yep: it's not the end of the world if you make the wrong choice, don't worry!

ReputationRep:
    well i'd say just give it a go, and if you're still not happy after a couple of weeks then ask to switch :yep: it's not the end of the world if you make the wrong choice, don't worry!
    yeah, at my college there is a 42 day rule and you have to know whether to do something else in the first 6 weeks, i'm approaching week 5, i started hortic on week 4 and i'f im still unhappy and uncomfortable i'll go onto btec ict praticioners, along with my english GCSE. i'm also gonna ring 2 colleges about maths and if there is a deadline for applications. if i go onto ict, i'll probs do a 1 year level 3 in event management and english language AS level in conjuction.

ReputationRep:
    so if i do change if i'm still upset, it'll be ict and english and maths (hopefully) but if my current course picks up i'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    so if i do change if i'm still upset, it'll be ict and english and maths (hopefully) but if my current course picks up i'll be fine

i'm sure you will find you enjoy it if you chose it over your first choice, it might just take some time to get into :yep: at least you've got a second back up, it really isn't the be all and end all, you'll be okay.

ReputationRep:
    i'm sure you will find you enjoy it if you chose it over your first choice, it might just take some time to get into :yep: at least you've got a second back up, it really isn't the be all and end all, you'll be okay.
    i've got 2 weeks, cos i started on another course during the 6 week trial; it's giving me less time to think and adabt :/

ReputationRep:
    i've got 2 weeks, cos i started on another course during the 6 week trial; it's giving me less time to think and adabt :/

you will be fineee. if worst comes to worst and you're really not enjoying it you can always take a year out to get experience and decide what you really want to do, then just reapply.

ReputationRep:
    you will be fineee. if worst comes to worst and you're really not enjoying it you can always take a year out to get experience and decide what you really want to do, then just reapply.
    suppose so; i kinda regret quitting early on the other course, should have given it more time. but the teachers said it would be better to be sooner as i would miss a lot of work. i miss the people from my other course

yeah if worst does come to worst i'll probs apply somewhere else.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.