Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am so angry..teaching starts next week..and back in june I asked the school if they can give me the scheme. They kept on saying yes we will send it..I asked about 100 times and still didn't get it and today I was told I had to create the scheme by myself for teaching next week!
    is this possible..:eek3: :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    get an esol book

other than that maybe design a course by using key stage 1 2 and 3 english books

if you are qualified i am sure this will be no problem? and please tell them to stop saying 'too much'. bloody foreigners

ReputationRep:
    I'll tell them

guess I just needed some motivation thanks for that

ReputationRep:
    Have you looked on the British Council website? They have lots of resources on there for lessons. Are you teaching adults or kids? If it's kids you're teaching then www.primaryresources.co.uk is really helpful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KayleeLand)
    Have you looked on the British Council website? They have lots of resources on there for lessons. Are you teaching adults or kids? If it's kids you're teaching then www.primaryresources.co.uk is really helpful.
    thanks for that. I am teaching complete beginner adults. Is it always best to start with the alphabet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G_S)
    thanks for that. I am teaching complete beginner adults. Is it always best to start with the alphabet?
    That might make learning boring... Plus there are a lot of letters to learn in one go. Best to start with something that they will go away thinking "yeh, this is good this English lark" hahaha well something similar in their own language of course.

What language do they speak and how much English have they got already?

ReputationRep:
    That might make learning boring... Plus there are a lot of letters to learn in one go. Best to start with something that they will go away thinking "yeh, this is good this English lark" hahaha well something similar in their own language of course.

What language do they speak and how much English have they got already?
    There are turkish students...asian students..and they are complete beginners..some don't know how to write..some have just been here for 1 month and some for like 30 years:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G_S)
    There are turkish students...asian students..and they are complete beginners..some don't know how to write..some have just been here for 1 month and some for like 30 years:eek:
    So you've got a mixed ability group? Or are they all at the same level in English? If so, I'd start off with a smiple "who are you?" type class. Start by introducing yourself and practising the grammar structures, then get them doing it in pairs. Then do it out loud or if you think your group has got that easily, then make them tell the class about the person next to them, obviously practise that structure before too.

ReputationRep:
    So you've got a mixed ability group? Or are they all at the same level in English? If so, I'd start off with a smiple "who are you?" type class. Start by introducing yourself and practising the grammar structures, then get them doing it in pairs. Then do it out loud or if you think your group has got that easily, then make them tell the class about the person next to them, obviously practise that structure before too.
    That's a good idea..thanks for that..
    I was told its complete beginners..but by looking at the exam they have taken some can write and some can't..

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.