Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    this has been going on for 3 days now.

i can't access me hotmail account. its says "invalid password" alothough i;m sure its 100% correct .

none of my famoly members can access too . i can't even sign in through MSN messenger and MSN explorer.

i have windows Xp PRO

i cleared all my cookies temp internet files and history

i also set my security level to medium high

please help me

ReputationRep:
    You could try choosing a password reminder but you need to fill in your e-mail address and country and then answer your secret question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ------------)

i can't access me hotmail account. its says "invalid password" alothough i;m sure its 100% correct .

none of my famoly members can access too . i can't even sign in through MSN messenger and MSN explorer.

i have windows Xp PRO

please help me
    it happened to me and i had to register a new account

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ------------)

i have windows Xp PRO

please help me
    i cant access it at the mo.

ReputationRep:
    Just mail hotmail customer service, this happened to me a while back as well, i managed to reacht his online form, on the customer services part of the hotmail site, they asked a few questions like what a few of my previous passwords were, country, and the email addresses of some contacts on my list. I answered all of it and they mailed me a new password. Pretty simple.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that happened to me too….turned out that some idiot had hacked the internet account…the only thing you might be able to contact hotmail…good luck!

ReputationRep:
    It happened to me too! Someone hacke dmy account and changed my password and secret question.
    If you want to claim it back, then go here:

https://registernet.passport.net/con...f?lc=1033&sd=p

I hope this helps.
    Ste

ReputationRep:
    Just answer your password reminder question! It should let you in after that!

ReputationRep:
    my hotmail account is still up and running.

it's just MSN i can't sign into.

ReputationRep:
    If someone can get your secret question, then they can gain access to your account, so I recommend doing the following:

Secret Question;

Hello

Secret Answer

monkeys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    If someone can get your secret question, then they can gain access to your account, so I recommend doing the following:

Secret Question;

Hello

Secret Answer

monkeys
    which is why i often don't bother with the secret question. i'm a member of loads of sites, and i always use 1 of 2 passwords. So i never forget my password cos there is only two possiblties

ReputationRep:
    when was the last time you tried to acess it before you found that you had this problem

ReputationRep:
    Well i've just found in my inbox e-mails about stealing passwords, which i've never recieved before!
    Maybe theres a bug, or maybe its spam people are actually using.

ReputationRep:
    Its Been Happening 2 Me For Months!!! :confused: It Always Says My Username Or Password Is Invalid And Wen I Try 2 Register A New Account, I Cant Get It On.. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: It Is So Annoying!!!!
    Well, At Least I No Im Not The Only One Now!!!

ReputationRep:
    Happened to me too, it isnt the password though, it keeps saying something to do with my internet connection on 6.1, on windows messenger it says pass.

but when i try log into hotmail it jus goes to a error screen instea of wrong password, also when i try to register a new one it does the same, i think it may be a bug or a virus

Any ideas???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanj)
    Happened to me too, it isnt the password though, it keeps saying something to do with my internet connection on 6.1, on windows messenger it says pass.

but when i try log into hotmail it jus goes to a error screen instea of wrong password, also when i try to register a new one it does the same, i think it may be a bug or a virus

Any ideas???
    happen to me too, the last couple of days i haven't been able to open the front page

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _EMMA_)
    happen to me too, the last couple of days i haven't been able to open the front page
    I've figured it out, its a virus thats going round alot of people on msn, if you are on xp you can easily get it working again by using system restore as the guy further up the forum rightfully said. Just go to search, find files or programs and the type 'system restore'

make sure u take it back about a month though becasue a couple of days doesnt work.

dunno how to get rid of it on non xp comps, i dont think it effects non xp tho, but i may b wrong

ry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanj)
    I've figured it out, its a virus thats going round alot of people on msn, if you are on xp you can easily get it working again by using system restore as the guy further up the forum rightfully said. Just go to search, find files or programs and the type 'system restore'

make sure u take it back about a month though becasue a couple of days doesnt work.

dunno how to get rid of it on non xp comps, i dont think it effects non xp tho, but i may b wrong

ry
    i'll try, thanks

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2004
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.