Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Uni Freshers-----BORING ZZZzzzzzzz watch

• View Poll Results: Are you enjoying your freshers week/fortnight?
    Yes
    35.26%
    No
    39.74%
    Yes/No
    25.00%

ReputationRep:
    Am i the only one that is finding freshers week/fortnight really boring!
    To me the thought of getting drunk being fun is not ''FUN'':eek3: oH and not to mention the amount of people that sleep around...seriously have some self respect ...sleep with someone you have at least known a year!
    One night of freshers consisted of a marque with a capacity of 2,000 to 3,000, with drink and music...at first it was fine then people started to get ridiculioulsy drunk and it got really busy.Then i left bout half 9!

My idea of fun is 30 mile+ bike ride/Mountain walk then a nice meal and a pint in a nice pub with or without music......Anything like this during freshers big fat NO!

Oh yeah and i am not a boring old fart i do know how to have fun, just not the fun others seem to have!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RAPSTER)
    Am i the only one that is finding freshers week/fortnight really boring!
    To me the thought of getting drunk being fun is not ''FUN'':eek3: oH and not to mention the amount of people that sleep around...seriously have some self respect ...sleep with someone you have at least known a year!
    One night of freshers consisted of a marque with a capacity of 2,000 to 3,000, with drink and music...at first it was fine then people started to get ridiculioulsy drunk and it got really busy.Then i left bout half 9!

My idea of fun is 30 mile+ bike ride/Mountain walk then a nice meal and a pint in a nice pub with or without music......Anything like this during freshers big fat NO!

Oh yeah and i am not a boring old fart i do know how to have fun, just not the fun others seem to have!
    I wish ALL of the people in my hall were like you OP !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bibekpd)
    I wish ALL of the people in my hall were like you OP !

Well i think i am lucky coz the people in my halls are reall understanding, on the freshers event i went to they really looked after me, as they know i am eore of a pub girl with a pint of cider...after a cycle ride/mountain walk. Don't get me wrong at the start of the night it was great , but then as the drink settled down people got silly and it got really compact elbows in the back sort of thing

ReputationRep:
    ****, should have read the poll. I voted no...I meant YES!

ReputationRep:
    Ok you can fit the bike rides into the many weeeks ahead which you have, you'd rather do bike rides with strangers?....yeah.

Freshers lasts less than 2 weeks, get over it.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I'm not there yet but I will say I much prefer going to the pub for a few with some good mates to clubbing, although I am partial to a house party. I'm not planning to get involved with a lof of the ******** at freshers tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HARRY PUTAH)
    Ok you can fit the bike rides into the many weeeks ahead which you have, you'd rather do bike rides with strangers?....yeah.

Everyone is different if everyone as the same the world would be a grim place!

Freshers is boring end of i don't like it

Bike rides with strangers where did you get that from?...

ReputationRep:
    Don't kid yourself... its makes you less 'out-going' and gregarious.

ReputationRep:
    Do you have to go to Freshers events? No. Then do what you find fun instead. Nobody's stopping you.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, a lot of people are just sluts. You don't need to drag yourself down, they're the ones who are gonna get various STIs and liver cancer etc. I don't see what's so attractive about vomiting on the floor... yayyy whoop-de-doo. You'll find someone who enjoys similar activities to you, don't worry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HARRY PUTAH)

Instead of clubbing with strangers, right... Well your point is valid.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah just because i don't like out and getting pissed out of my skull, yeah thats logical! Don't judge people by their socail curcumstances.I like going out and having a good time, just prefer the great outdoors , Duke of Edinburgh etc to a night club full of people who are out of it on drink and in some cases drugs. With the proffession i am going into things like drunken photos can get you thrown of the course.
    You've just judged everyone who is enjoying your freshers week to be alcoholics who sleep around!

Why do people feel the need to justify what they enjoy to others? Some people enjoy freshers and going out, others don't. So what.

ReputationRep:
    Whats wrong with enjoying both?

Go cycling during the day, get pissed in the evening, thats my freshers :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Max I)
    Instead of clubbing with strangers, right... Well your point is valid.

Both are stupid but then, you're outnumbered wherever you go.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not even doing the whole freshers thing.

ReputationRep:
    I'm so lucky. My flatmates are so awesome. We go out a bit, but mostly just hang out at the pub and watch movies and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    I like ... Duke of Edinburgh
    You'd prefer the Duke of Edinburgh to a woman? :lolwut:

For those who aren't familiar...

ReputationRep:
    I bet the 30m bike ride just hit the cutting room floor when your Union was planning Freshers events unfortunately. Maybe next year.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't go to freshers, no ones going to give a crap tbh. 6 months down the line is anyone actually going to remember freshers?? lol chill out and do whatever you wantttttttttttt

ReputationRep:
    Don't judge people by their socail curcumstances!
    If you mean "social" circumstances; you were doing just that in the OP.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 7, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.