Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Uni Freshers-----BORING ZZZzzzzzzz watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Are you enjoying your freshers week/fortnight?
    Yes
    35.26%
    No
    39.74%
    Yes/No
    25.00%

ReputationRep:
    I understand how you feel, and ignore the mongs taking the piss, it's standard on here I'm afraid. It makes me so angry that there are so many freshers in this position because of the ignorance of different tastes and lack of variety. It's not hard to try and make it more all- encompassing, as the party universities attract a lot of international students.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I loathed freshers, a load of irritating people in purple t-shirts running around shouting about the importance of getting wasted and "having fun". I've got nothing against getting wasted, some of my fondest memories are somewhat fuzzy, however I didn't come to university to get trollied.

I've got nothing against people having fun and doing what they want, free will and all that, but I disagree with this university is a massive excuse for a party culture we seem to have these days. Here in Wolves it's the second week of actual lectures, and the giant parties have yet to die down. Maybe, who knows, I'm too busy reading about refactoring code.

Can tell you one thing though, god damn it I'm going to get wasted in May.

ReputationRep:
    Oh and my first and third year freshers have been some of the best times of my life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LampetarianLost)
    Personally I loathed freshers, a load of irritating people in purple t-shirts running around shouting about the importance of getting wasted and "having fun". I've got nothing against getting wasted, some of my fondest memories are somewhat fuzzy, however I didn't come to university to get trollied.

I've got nothing against people having fun and doing what they want, free will and all that, but I disagree with this university is a massive excuse for a party culture we seem to have these days. Here in Wolves it's the second week of actual lectures, and the giant parties have yet to die down. Maybe, who knows, I'm too busy reading about refactoring code.

Can tell you one thing though, god damn it I'm going to get wasted in May.

I know how to have fun i just .. i have already been at uni a month and having proper lectures so this is my priority i have worked my ass off to get into uni and i ma by no means throwing it all away

ReputationRep:
    its boring to u because youre not drinking and sleeping around

its freshers man for **** sakes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farhan.Hanif93)
    It's fine, when freshers has died down, you can join the LGBT society to meet others with similar interests. As said above, it's nothing to be ashamed of at all really. Be proud of who you are.
    Being a man utd fan is something to be ashamed of.
    WHAT THE HELL IS wrong with you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RAPSTER)
    Yeah i know i am ugly , which is why i am single duh!
    i did'nt know you were single, so how is it "duh", still you must be one ugly **** to be scared to go freshers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brian_lawd)
    its boring to u because youre not drinking and sleeping around

its freshers man for **** sakes

I am blimming drinking why would i want to sleep around,
    sleeping with someone who is not going to speak to me again, and occasionally leaving a lovely present upon my persons.....sti

The Duke of Edinburgh award expedition was epic, even though we got up at 5 in the morning for a 13 mile trek geting bitten to death by midges

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=RAPSTER]Am i the only one that is finding freshers week/fortnight really boring!
    To me the thought of getting drunk being fun is not ''FUN'':eek3: oH and not to mention the amount of people that sleep around...seriously have some self respect ...sleep with someone you have at least known a year!
    One night of freshers consisted of a marque with a capacity of 2,000 to 3,000, with drink and music...at first it was fine then people started to get ridiculioulsy drunk and it got really busy.Then i left bout half 9!

QUOTE]
    There must be other people at your uni who does not like freshers week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sponge man)
    i did'nt know you were single, so how is it "duh", still you must be one ugly **** to be scared to go freshers.

TRUE TRUE TRUE :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I wish I could meet people with the same personality as me.. would seem very likely in a big place! I just wanna get my course started and I think it will be like starting school? (you make all your friends in class usually?)

ReputationRep:
    There is an award called the DUKE OF EDINBURGH where you do an 4 day expedition across various mountain ranges,.....a recreational activity such as running......a service such as volunteer work in a care home......residential away from home for a week

Please tell me this is clear enough for you
    I wouldn't have thought that Prince Phillip could do all those things, but good for him. Don't really want to hear about your 'recreational activities', though.

ReputationRep:
    clubbing can get boring after a while yeah, but hmm, biking riding over clubbing though? naaaaah (unless of course you're riding TO a nightclub)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatebrownbread)
    Being a man utd fan is something to be ashamed of.
    WHAT THE HELL IS wrong with you?

Well he thinks he can tell someones sexuality by what they do in their social lives!.......WRONG,,,as he thinks i need to go to the LGBT......got me all wrong....yep wrong wrong and wrong again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    I wouldn't have thought that Prince Phillip could do all those things, but good for him. Don't really want to hear about your 'recreational activities', though.

PLEASE TELL ME YOU ARE TAKING THE PISS.....YOU MUST BE :eek3:
    actually yeah i am asuming you are taking the piss considering the d of e is a massive orgainisation.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah why do you need to have a drink to have fun?
    You don't, it just helps you loosen up and let go and enjoy yourself more.

ReputationRep:
    TRUE TRUE TRUE :yes:
    youre the first person on this site that does'nt wana have one draged out agument, thank you
    :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: i like this thing.

ReputationRep:
    PLEASE TELL ME YOU ARE TAKING THE PISS.....YOU MUST BE :eek3:
    actually yeah i am asuming you are taking the piss considering the d of e is a massive orgainisation.
    No, why would I be? :confused:

There's a whole organisation!? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicerao)
    You don't, it just helps you loosen up and let go and enjoy yourself more.

Yeah you are right there i love to have a drink but not getting stupi so you have to be carried home, ..... especailly as drinks get spiked..that freaks me out a bit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    No, why would I be? :confused:

There's a whole organisation!? :lolwut:

I'M SAYING NO MORE ON THIS :yes:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 7, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.