Turn on thread page Beta

Do I need dual / tri / quad band for Australia & SE Asia? watch

    • Thread Starter

    Being a bit technologically inept, I need some help on which band I need on a mobile phone for the following countries which I'll be visiting on my gap year

    - Australia (particularly important as I'll be spending several months there)
    - Singapore
    - Malaysia
    - Thailand
    - Vietnam
    - Cambodia
    - China
    - Japan

    Also, I know this isn't *really* the right forum, but will an iPod touch's internet / itunes function work in Oz?


    Yes if you can find wifi to the ipod question.

    Tri Band should cover it, but it depends which 3 bands it has built in - this article should help:


    So you basically need to find out the frequencies used in your list.

    Also, last time I checked Japan was 3G only, so you will need a 3G handset.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 27, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing


people online now


students helped last year
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.