Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys ,

Im having problems showing my intrest in the subject & want some honest opinions.
    What do you like about accounting as a subject?

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    Write your own personal statement.

ReputationRep:
    I've never tried accounting, but i assume it gives you the 'kick' when completing a budget:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revolution is my Name)
    Ha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remarqable M)
    I've never tried accounting, but i assume it gives you the 'kick' when completing a budget:awesome:
    lol, i have and trust me, it doesnt.

Just give them the low down truth. I mean, its one of the worlds dullest jobs - no one actually likes accounting, so just tell them you like the job security and the mediocre pay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revolution is my Name)
    im not try to get you guys to write my personal statement (scouts honour:yes: ). Could you at least help me make 'satisfaction from balancing the income statement & balance sheet sound less corny :o:

"Counting money makes me horny."

ReputationRep:
    I will answer your question with another question.

What do you like/love about death?

ReputationRep:
    I study acountancy part time, alongside my academic subjects, and it's pretty good as a back up. Yeah it's pretty boring for most people, but there's nothing wrong working with a company and helping them through finance as a career.

I enjoy the work, as it gives me the sense that I am caring for a company (Well the fake company in the excersises). Working out budgets, ledgers, documents and etc; all give me the responsibility "kick". Also, it helps becoming organised personally, and in a group as well.

When you become a accountant, you don't just have to work with finance and the documents; you can involve yourself with the company's activites. For example, if it's a theatre you're working for, you can contribute your own ideas on what the comapny could do.

Hope I could give you some ideas.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.