Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys ,

Im having problems showing my intrest in the subject & want some honest opinions.
    What do you like about accounting as a subject?

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    Write your own personal statement.

ReputationRep:
    I've never tried accounting, but i assume it gives you the 'kick' when completing a budget:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revolution is my Name)
    Ha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remarqable M)
    I've never tried accounting, but i assume it gives you the 'kick' when completing a budget:awesome:
    lol, i have and trust me, it doesnt.

Just give them the low down truth. I mean, its one of the worlds dullest jobs - no one actually likes accounting, so just tell them you like the job security and the mediocre pay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revolution is my Name)
    im not try to get you guys to write my personal statement (scouts honour:yes: ). Could you at least help me make 'satisfaction from balancing the income statement & balance sheet sound less corny :o:

"Counting money makes me horny."

ReputationRep:
    I will answer your question with another question.

What do you like/love about death?

ReputationRep:
    I study acountancy part time, alongside my academic subjects, and it's pretty good as a back up. Yeah it's pretty boring for most people, but there's nothing wrong working with a company and helping them through finance as a career.

I enjoy the work, as it gives me the sense that I am caring for a company (Well the fake company in the excersises). Working out budgets, ledgers, documents and etc; all give me the responsibility "kick". Also, it helps becoming organised personally, and in a group as well.

When you become a accountant, you don't just have to work with finance and the documents; you can involve yourself with the company's activites. For example, if it's a theatre you're working for, you can contribute your own ideas on what the comapny could do.

Hope I could give you some ideas.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.