Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i keep cals low sun-thurs would that allow me to have a treat fri and sat?

not massive treats but just like a subway and a big bag of walkers crisps on a friday and a sandwich and a small bag of crisps on a satuday at my dads

and still allow me to lose weight?

ReputationRep:
    If the sum of calories create a net deficit then yes.

ReputationRep:
    if that's really all you'd be including in the treat, then yeah you should be ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeffy91)
    If the sum of calories create a net deficit then yes.
    how do i work out the number of calories i should be having a week?

someone said i should aim for 11,000 which is 1500 a day, that right?

stats

5ft2
    13 stone
    aim - to get to 12 stone
    exercise - none/very little

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)

stats

5ft2
    13 stone
    aim - to get to 12 stone
    LOL get on the treadmil, dont treat ur self until your a healthy weight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sendi_12)
    LOL get on the treadmil, dont treat ur self until your a healthy weight

yeah, if i did that i would never get to my healthy weight

a weekly treat would keep me on track

ReputationRep:

stats

5ft2
    13 stone
    aim - to get to 12 stone
    i'd say to maintain your weight, you'd need 2000 kcals a day. so any deficit from that would give you weight loss.. so yeah 1500 kcals a day should theoretically mean you lose a pound a week which is nice and stable. ofc, you could always do some exercise to help progress a bit..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arabie)
    i'd say to maintain your weight, you'd need 2000 kcals a day. so any deficit from that would give you weight loss.. so yeah 1500 kcals a day should theoretically mean you lose a pound a week which is nice and stable. ofc, you could always do some exercise to help progress a bit..

i was going to drop cals sun-thurs to 1000-1100 and then have my treats on fri/sat

im trying to get into exercise but i find it so boring

ReputationRep:
    i was going to drop cals sun-thurs to 1000-1100 and then have my treats on fri/sat

im trying to get into exercise but i find it so boring
    you might find it a bit hard to maintain 1000 kcals 5 days a week, especially if you've had treats the day before and you have to basically halve your intake the next day. maybe 1200 kcals sun-thurs and max 2000 kcals on your 2 treat days

what kinda exercise have you tried? there's sooo many different ways of being active, doesn't just have to be the gym (which i know a lot of people find a bit zzz)

ReputationRep:
    you might find it a bit hard to maintain 1000 kcals 5 days a week, especially if you've had treats the day before and you have to basically halve your intake the next day. maybe 1200 kcals sun-thurs and max 2000 kcals on your 2 treat days

what kinda exercise have you tried? there's sooo many different ways of being active, doesn't just have to be the gym (which i know a lot of people find a bit zzz)
    i can do 1000 cals if i know im getting a treat at the end of the week

weights, cardio, resistance, all sorts

cant do running as i have bad knees, wont go swimming as water in my ears causes ear infections and i dont like swimming anyway

people dont class this as exercise but i do like doing wii exercise games IE the EA active personal trainer one

ReputationRep:

It's not hard. :curious:

ReputationRep:
    i can do 1000 cals if i know im getting a treat at the end of the week

weights, cardio, resistance, all sorts

cant do running as i have bad knees, wont go swimming as water in my ears causes ear infections and i dont like swimming anyway

people dont class this as exercise but i do like doing wii exercise games IE the EA active personal trainer one
    meh well it's better than no physical activity whatsoever. at least you're monitoring the diet front.. good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    It's not hard. :curious:
    lol ok, i'm happy for you. some people would find that hard though, especially if 2000 kcals is what's needed to maintain their weight

ReputationRep:
    lol ok, i'm happy for you. some people would find that hard though, especially if 2000 kcals is what's needed to maintain their weight

Who on Earth needs 2000 to maintain their weight? Most women's BMR is like 1600 maximum.

ReputationRep:
    Who on Earth needs 2000 to maintain their weight? Most women's BMR is like 1600 maximum.
    mines 1921 if i use this method and times by 1.2

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-ca...dict-equation/

ReputationRep:
    I have treats sat and sun - it allows 2lb a week weight loss

ReputationRep:
    Actually recommended daily calorie intake for men is 2500 and 2000 for women. As a general guide of course. I can't see how you think 1000 a day is easy, that's barely anything, that's like a shop bought sandwich and a chocolate bar a day.

p.s I love you and you have a great rack

ReputationRep:
    mines 1921 if i use this method and times by 1.2

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-ca...dict-equation/

Here, it'll work it out for you.

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

But wow then, weight must like being falling off you.

ReputationRep:
    Here, it'll work it out for you.

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

But wow then, weight must like being falling off you.
    1601, then i use the harris benedict equasion and times by 1.2 to give 1921

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Boney King of Nowhere)
    Actually recommended daily calorie intake for men is 2500 and 2000 for women. As a general guide of course. I can't see how you think 1000 a day is easy, that's barely anything, that's like a shop bought sandwich and a chocolate bar a day.

p.s I love you and you have a great rack

Lol, I don't know why people perpetuate that crap. Women seriously do not need 2000 unless they want to be fat as houses. I know everyone says it, but that doesn't make it true. :rolleyes:

And if you don't eat crap, 1000 is more than enough. Genuinely, I eat on average 800 a day and it's not particularly challenging, I just don't eat much crap. It's a case of counting and balancing. Looking at the last 2 weeks, the most I've eaten is 1000ish in one day. :dontknow:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 29, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.