ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    1601, then i use the harris benedict equasion and times by 1.2 to give 1921

Oh, I didn't even realise that. :pinch:

ReputationRep:
    bubbles, at my old weight i WOULD have needed more than 2000 to maintain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Lol, I don't know why people perpetuate that crap. Women seriously do not need 2000 unless they want to be fat as houses. I know everyone says it, but that doesn't make it true. :rolleyes:

And if you don't eat crap, 1000 is more than enough. Genuinely, I eat on average 800 a day and it's not particularly challenging, I just don't eat much crap. It's a case of counting and balancing. Looking at the last 2 weeks, the most I've eaten is 1000ish in one day. :dontknow:
    This.

Women who eat 2000 calories a day will end up being built like a ******* house.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Lol, I don't know why people perpetuate that crap. Women seriously do not need 2000 unless they want to be fat as houses. I know everyone says it, but that doesn't make it true. :rolleyes:

And if you don't eat crap, 1000 is more than enough. Genuinely, I eat on average 800 a day and it's not particularly challenging, I just don't eat much crap. It's a case of counting and balancing. Looking at the last 2 weeks, the most I've eaten is 1000ish in one day. :dontknow:
    good lord..I probably eat 5 times more in a day than you do..well at least your food bill won't be much, unless you live on caviar (sp) or something. Do you get three meals a day?

ReputationRep:
    I need 2000 at least to maintain my 8stone4 (5'7) because I do so much exercise. However if like the OP I was a lazy arse, I'd only need 1400.

But yeah tink if you keep your net calories over the week lower even with the two treat days then I assume you would still lose weight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Boney King of Nowhere)
    good lord..I probably eat 5 times more in a day than you do..well at least your food bill won't be much, unless you live on caviar (sp) or something. Do you get three meals a day?
    Lol no I don't. Not at all.

ReputationRep:
    Exercise? So what if it's boring. It does you good. I run for 45 minutes on a treadmill, not think I get bored? But what keeps me going is that I know it's doing me good. It's fine to treat yourself. As long as at the end of the week, you have a calorie deficit you will lose weight. But exercising can allow you to treat yourself more. If you want of course. Or help you lose weight faster.

ReputationRep:
    Your BMR is about 1975kcals. Eat between 1500 and 1600 to lose weight. Only healthy stuff. 1000-1100 will be counter productive, as your body will probably enter 'starvation mode' and cling to every last calorie you get.

Get down the gym as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom360)
    Your BMR is about 1975kcals. Eat between 1500 and 1600 to lose weight. Only healthy stuff. 1000-1100 will be counter productive, as your body will probably enter 'starvation mode' and cling to every last calorie you get.

Get down the gym as well.

i have a gym at home

cant stick to healthy stuff only as i will end up binging on the things i like if i cut it out completely

ReputationRep:
    i thought you had to cut by 500 cals a day to lose 1lb a week?

ReputationRep:
    That's what cheat meals are for. Once a week, eat your BMR and include some treats. Stops your body from getting used to the restricted calories.

ReputationRep:
    yes but i want two treats a week, ive tried to just stick to one small bag of crisps a week and it did not work

ReputationRep:
    'Treats', lol. If you're gonna do something, why not do it properly?

ReputationRep:
    i have a gym at home

cant stick to healthy stuff only as i will end up binging on the things i like if i cut it out completely
    Im quite sure your definition of a gym at home, is quite different to everybody elses if I remember rightly.

ReputationRep:
    Get some willpower.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shawshank)
    'Treats', lol. If you're gonna do something, why not do it properly?

what do you mean? i have the things i like *shrug*

(Original post by Oh_Mighty_One)
    Im quite sure your definition of a gym at home, is quite different to everybody elses if I remember rightly.

i have a 4 station home gym, dumbbells, barbell, skipping rope, pilates ball, resistance band, weighs bench, punch bag etc etc etc

ReputationRep:
    i have a 4 station home gym, dumbbells, barbell, skipping rope, pilates ball, resistance band, weighs bench, punch bag etc etc etc
    Get doing some compound exercises as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom360)
    Get doing some compound exercises as well.
    such as?

ReputationRep:
    Squats, deadlifts, bench press and overhead press.

Muscle burns calories just by being there: more muscle, more calories burned.

ReputationRep:
    when i do exercise i do all of those bar the deads but with dumbbells as i find it easier

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 29, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.