Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    I'm getting a bit worried about my uni application! It's a long story but I originally did AS levels in English Lit (B-one mark from an A), Psychology (A), Biology (D) and Chemistry (E). I started year 13 and got ill and had to drop out. Now I've started year 13 again at another school and I'm doing A2 English Lit, A2 Psychology and Intensive Religious Studies. I spoke to my RS teacher and he said he can't predict me a grade, which I expected, but I don't really know where I stand in regards to universities because I'll only be predicted grades in English Literature (A) and Psychology (A). Will universities just say something like 'Offer: A in English Literature, Psychology and Religious Studies?'
    I'm worried I'll be disadvantaged in comparison to the other students with 3 A predictions. I'm thinking about getting my reference to explain my circumstances but I have a feeling the universities will throw my application in the bin because they need to whittle applicants down.
    If you look at my signature you'll see I'm applying to Warwick... :erm:
    I don't want to be rejected instantly. Should I be worried?

Thanks,
    DD
    x

ReputationRep:
    Bump.

ReputationRep:
    Just ask for him to give you a predicted grade for your application's sake. I'm doing French AS and A2 in one year, and my new teacher is predicting me a B- even though I haven't been in her class for a term yet...

J don't know what unis you're applying for but maybe just ask him to predict you a B? Send him and email and go have a word to him in school- as long as you're not asking for an A/A* I'm sure he won't have a problem it if you're willing to work hard!

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same problem, I only have 2 predictions as I did a fast track a level last year ( I dropped two, one from the fast track and the other because I hated the subject) so was wondering if anyone knew if my fast track a level will count in my offer?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    if you re-take a year, and do different subjects. Your previous grades in the other subjects will still stand, and universities will see those

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm doing fast-track History and I asked my teacher for some work to do so she could assess me, which she has done. She's predicted me the grade I needed her too. Also, my subject is in the same group of subjects as my others so the teachers teach the other subjects and know me.
    Is there any chance that your teachers can possibly speak to your previous school? Your previous AS grades were good (shame about the English, that happened to me too, one mark off ) and seeing as though all your subjects are essay based subjects they have a bit of a heads up. I suggest you ask your RS teacher for some work or even do a mini research topic and write something on a Religious topic that you enjoy.
    Oooh, you're applying to Warwick too, same!
    Hope I've helped, any questions feel free to message me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lechaton-x)
    Just ask for him to give you a predicted grade for your application's sake. I'm doing French AS and A2 in one year, and my new teacher is predicting me a B- even though I haven't been in her class for a term yet...

J don't know what unis you're applying for but maybe just ask him to predict you a B? Send him and email and go have a word to him in school- as long as you're not asking for an A/A* I'm sure he won't have a problem it if you're willing to work hard!
    I'm applying to Warwick so I need an A... :erm:
    Unless I decide not to apply... I probably wouldn't get in anyway. I'll try asking him for a B, I suppose it's worth a try?

Thanks guys, especially *BB* and tilytots, it's nice to know I'm not alone. *BB* , it's funny you should mention asking for work because I went to my other teacher (I have two for RS- might ask the other one for a grade! ) and asked to speak to her about doing an essay but she told me to return in 10 minutes and when I did she wasn't there! I'll definitely do that tomorrow. Thanks everyone!
    UCAS stuff is so damn stressful...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.