Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    A while ago, my greengrocer had several pallets of lychee. Looking at a peeled one, it occured to me how much they looked like eyes and I bought the lot. Since then, I've been bringing out a small bowl of peeled lychee in a bowl when I have friends over and convincing them that they're eating cow's eyes. Once they ate a couple with a thoroughly disgusted expression, I shared the joke with them and we had a good laugh. At least, that's how it worked until now...

Had someone over today that hasn't seen this yet, so I brought the bowl of lychee out and placed them on the coffee table. He asked what they were, I told him that they were cow's eyes ("Quite a delicacy in mainland Europe" - he's not very well travelled) ... and he turned quite green. Offered him one and, obviously feeling too polite to refuse, he took one and bit a lump out of it, chewed it quite slowly. When he remarked that it tasted sweet, I informed him that was probably due to the glucose in the aqueous humour that once nourished the front of the eye ... and he promptly turned pale, before vomiting all over my new shag-pile rug.

I tried to tell him that it wasn't an eye at all, just a lychee (I even had the page of my botany book ready to show him, FFS!), but he just ran into the bathroom, presumably to throw up again. He's still in there (don't worry, I made sure he's all right; told him it wasn't an eye, but I'm not sure he believes me... ) ... and I'm left with the dilemma of how to get vomit out of a shag-pile rug.

Anyone got any suggestions? It really has made quite a mess, and it starting to smell.

Peeled lychee, for anyone unfamiliar

ReputationRep:
    Buy a new rug.

ReputationRep:
    LOL. Scrub like **** would be my advice

Here

Sorry, they don't seem to have one for "people vomit". :p:

EDIT: Found a better one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tortious)
    Here

Sorry, they don't seem to have one for "people vomit". :p:

EDIT: Found a better one.
    I've already tried that.

I really cannot believe he did this! If I have to replace the rug, he's being charged for it.

ReputationRep:
    Lychees are amazing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    Lychees are amazing.
    They stop being so amazing when you see them in little, masticated chunks spread across your nice rug, surrounded by God-only-knows-what, because your friend couldn't handle his lychee.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any advice on my problem?

ReputationRep:
    That is an hilarious prank, props to yer, but tbh you should have been prepared for the worst case scenairo

I'd imagine elbow grease would sort it out, spend a good few hours on it or..

http://www.ehow.com/how_2071733_clean-shag-rug.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tericon)
    That is an hilarious prank, props to yer, but tbh you should have been prepared for the worst case scenairo

I'd imagine elbow grease would sort it out, spend a good few hours on it or..

http://www.ehow.com/how_2071733_clean-shag-rug.html
    Yeah, I don't think I'm going to be sweeping it with a broom or shaking it ... and I don't have hours to spend, I'm trying to stop my friend retching in my lovely clean (well, not any more :rolleyes:) bathroom.

The vomit's starting to settle in now, please help!

ReputationRep:
    haha bad times :L sounds exactly like something my brother would do

ReputationRep:
    Baad prank, how can you expect someone not to throw up over that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    Yeah, I don't think I'm going to be sweeping it with a broom or shaking it ... and I don't have hours to spend, I'm trying to stop my friend retching in my lovely clean (well, not any more :rolleyes:) bathroom.

The vomit's starting to settle in now, please help!
    In that case, hot water, rubber gloves, detergent. Really give it some elbow grease, whack it against the wall outside to get the solid particles out. Use some dry cleaning solvent to finish if you have any.

Have you got any white vinegar? If so, dilue with the above 1:3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BackDoorEntry)
    Baad prank, how can you expect someone not to throw up over that!
    Because no one else did? :rolleyes:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 27, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.