Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dora the Dagger)
    Brill. I was thinking about the official freshers party, like whether it'd be worth going or not.. On the one hand, It's probably most important to get to know people from Hiatt Baker, but on the other hand, it'd be a shame to miss the larger events. I guess it just depends on who I meet in Freshers week!
    I'd go with what the people you meet up with are doing. I never went to the official freshers party but don't feel I missed out at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atheistwithfaith)
    I'd go with what the people you meet up with are doing. I never went to the official freshers party but don't feel I missed out at all.
    Yeah, it's what I was thinking.
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Im in Hiatt Baker and I'm going to the freshers party. If I'm honest I cant see myself sticking to all of the strictly Hiatt Baker nights.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WilliamWJ)
    Im in Hiatt Baker and I'm going to the freshers party. If I'm honest I cant see myself sticking to all of the strictly Hiatt Baker nights.
    Yep, glad I ain't the only one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dora the Dagger)
    Brill. I was thinking about the official freshers party, like whether it'd be worth going or not.. On the one hand, It's probably most important to get to know people from Hiatt Baker, but on the other hand, it'd be a shame to miss the larger events. I guess it just depends on who I meet in Freshers week!
    I'll be doing the same. Will just go with the flow of whatever people I meet before wanna do.

Freshers party would undoubtedly be amazing. But at the same time, wouldn't be unhappy doing the HB night. 450 or so in HB and it's the 3rd night so still plenty of people to meet and being dressed as a pirate going to a club called Po Na Na sounds like a pretty fun night to me :woo:
    [The fact I already have a pirate costume from an 18th earlier this year kinda helps]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PxlKd)
    I'll be doing the same. Will just go with the flow of whatever people I meet before wanna do.

Freshers party would undoubtedly be amazing. But at the same time, wouldn't be unhappy doing the HB night. 450 or so in HB and it's the 3rd night so still plenty of people to meet and being dressed as a pirate going to a club called Po Na Na sounds like a pretty fun night to me :woo:
    [The fact I already have a pirate costume from an 18th earlier this year kinda helps]
    pirate theme and not going to thekla?!
    thekla is a club on a boat:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PxlKd)

Yeah.. I have made myself a small stuffed parrot to pin onto my shoulder for the Pirate night. Would be a shame not to give the little guy his moment of glory!!

ReputationRep:
    Po Na Na fails.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LZRSWRD)
    Po Na Na fails.
    i would agree, there are better places in bristol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsheppard11)
    i would agree, there are better places in bristol
    I should have realised when I had older students mocking my HB Po Na Na necklace thing we got given to put our keys on.

Oh well, bar crawl tonight, apparently it was the best event last year so we'll see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LZRSWRD)
    I should have realised when I had older students mocking my HB Po Na Na necklace thing we got given to put our keys on.

Oh well, bar crawl tonight, apparently it was the best event last year so we'll see.
    Most people I know quite like Po Na Na, certainly wouldn't say it was anywhere near being a bad club/venue. Oceana on the other hand... ugh.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.