Turn on thread page Beta

Am I super boring because I'm not going out on the 2nd night of freshers? watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't hang out with anyone I met in freshers. You don't need to meet people in freshers week to make friends.

ReputationRep:
    I think just be yourself and do what you normally do. There are loads of very different people at uni and I'm sure there will be people who understand and will accept and like you for who you are. I can understand you wanting to talk to friends on facebook etc because it is sad leaving people you've known for maybe many many years but remember to talk to people at your uni too! You may find some new friends. I don't know your flatmates so I don't know how and why they are annoying. Maybe if you got to know them better you'd like them? I didn't always get to the best of starts with some of my friends (some really bad starts!!) but then we got along really well. Anyway, I hope you enjoy freshers and make lots of friends. Good luck to everybody else starting uni!!

ReputationRep:
    :woo:
    (Original post by pippit)
    Don't worry - I haven't been to much of the fresher's events and I'm still making friends so all is good =D
    You going to Fabric/Drapers tonight?

ReputationRep:
    Have sex with a flatmate before he goes out. Then he'll know you're not boring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dancingshoes10)
    Got to get up really early tomorrow for this lecture thing.

Haven't bought any tickets and they've told us that if we don't have tickets we're not going to get in so there's no point going out.

My flatmates annoy me.

I don't want to go because I'm knackered.

No one makes proper friends in the first week at a club when drunk anyway.

Don't want to feel like crap tomorrow when I can meet some people doing my course

Want to talk to my friends and family that I miss on msn, facebook and skype.

I am perfectly happy to stay in my nice little cosy room

Thoughts?
    This is exactly me.
    My freshers week was last week and I went out twice, because I was tired/homesick/shy and I don't like clubbing. I still went to pre-drinks and people getting together in the communal areas.
    The people in my halls seemed okay about it, they know that clubbing isn't my thing and everyone is pretty friendly and what not.
    Basically, you don't have to force yourself to go out if you don't want to. You'll meet people outside of halls and, though I can't say from experience yet, most people don't make friends properly with the people they spend freshers with. Try to be sociable when people are around, though. As in, chat to people, leave your door open, be friendly etc.

ReputationRep:
    On TSR your not boring, but amongst others you would be

ReputationRep:
    How do your flatmates annoy you?

ReputationRep:
    Be yourself, don't do anything you wouldn't usually do. You're not going to university to be someone else, you're going to be you, just living somewhere else for 3 years!
    There's no pressure to do ANYTHING you don't want to! It's your life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Scout.)
    :woo:
    You going to Fabric/Drapers tonight?
    Couldnt be bothered -.- have a 9am lecture.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.