Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Different Cloud)
    Tenner says you say how are you? what you upto?, you ask endless questions and send boring old replies.

First, texting isn't a converstion, be fun, be random, be humorous/playful/flirty and use it to your advantage ex. keeping you fresh on her mind.

- it is much harder to convey traits over text. So, convey emotion. Use things like ALL CAPS, smiley emoticons, xD, <3, xoxo, !!! Etc etc.

- Exaggerate!!!!!!.."cool I had a sandwich, it was good" -- "I've just had the world's most glorious sandwich, crafted by the hand of god mmMmMM ;-)".

- Get to the point. What can be said in 5 words needn't be said in 10.

Say somthing like....

It's 12:34... make a wish.

It's illegal to tie a giraffe to a telephone pole in georgia. (http://www.skrause.org/humor/stupidlaws.shtml)
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sofee)
    :lolwut:
    I'm guessing you think thats contradicting.. and well it may look it but it's not.

I meant exaggerate on statments and the likes being more playful / fun and less boring.

Getting to the point overall at times in general. Some people try to use all characters of a message just for the fun of it.
    - What are you getting upto tonight?
    - Upto much tonight?
    etc

ReputationRep:
    Send her soem Chuck Norris facts :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Send jokes. I'd love that if a guy sent me some . Or picture messages :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andrew1991)
    Lol, whats your success rate with that one?
    0 :p:

ReputationRep:
    Tell her that almost all giraffes are actually homosexual. She will be so into you :coma:

I sent her the one about the aglet, she text back ''Is that meant to be your interesting text? x x'
    FAIL

ReputationRep:
    Try "I've got a girl pregnant, sorry lol"

ReputationRep:
    ground control to major tom!

ReputationRep:
    What happens to your "relationship" when TSR arnt around to tell you what to say?!

I think you need to work stuff out for yourself rather than come on here and cheat.

Just link her this thread. It'd certainly be interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I sent her the one about the aglet, she text back ''Is that meant to be your interesting text? x x'
    FAIL
    Out of all the responses, that was the one you picked :lolwut: Also tbh, the girl sounds like a bit of a *****. Tell her to send you something interesting fool!!! :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    "www.thestudentroom.co.uk sign up! see you there "

ReputationRep:
    If you want it to be romantic/sweet, say something like:

"You must be a thief cos you stole my heart. You must be tired cos you're always running through my mind. And maybe I'm a bad shooter cos I keep missing you." <3

Or..:

"You know you're in love when you don't wanna fall asleep cos reality is sweeter than any dream could ever be." :love:

On second thoughts, looking at your actual current situation, don't say that :P

Sorry for wasting your time.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 28, 2010
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.