Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi people.

I'm currently on a year abroad in the USA.

I had all my loans go into my UK Halifax Account.

I did the wire transfer but put my American M&T card number instead of my account number for the account number.

It has been 11 days and nothing has happened. The money left my Halifax account immediately.

I've just emailed them about it and I can't ring them up because I'm in another country.

What should I do? Just wait for the email response? Will it all be sorted out?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    oh daer! If the number you provided is an actual account number you're in big trouble because they cannot get it out! Only the account holder can authorise it and if they refuse you need to take them to court.

ReputationRep:
    there is a 6 digit difference between the numbers. im sure it will just get reversed. i cant see my card number being the same as somebody elses account number. when it is the same bank.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orangejuice7)
    I've just emailed them about it and I can't ring them up because I'm in another country.
    Don't you have phones in this country?

ReputationRep:
    If I thought I had lost a lot of money, I'd say to hell with phone costs and just call.

ReputationRep:
    Call them, **** the phone costs. You've lost a significant amount of money somewhere and you're piddling around with emails?

ReputationRep:
    i've been told by my dad who rung them that it should just return to my account but sometimes takes times because it is a us account. he's give me a number to ring and i set up my phone line in my room so i'l ring tomorrow. it will be all sorted soon!

ReputationRep:
    great good luck!

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.