Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi. Like everyone else from time to time, I get a bit depressed. It always passes, but is becoming a nuciance. Any tips on how to get the blues to bugger off?

ReputationRep:
    If you are at uni then you will probably have access to a free counsellor. I use the service at my uni and found that it is useful if you try and gives you somewhere to just discuss the little things that are bothering you without having to annoy anyone else with them.

The most useful things to improve mood, I have found, are making sure you sleep well and that you try and do some regular exercise. I always feel much happier at uni when I am going to the gym/ partaking on some of the sports societies, than when I am not. Try and get a good sleep routine going (I am really bad at doing this) and make sure your room is cool and dark and that you are not trying to go on your latop until the early hours and so on. Try and read a book when you are unwinding for bed to help your body switch off instead of doing anything like watching TV or going on the internet.

If you really struggle with feeling depressed then go and talk to your GP as they will be able to offer more advice. If it is just mild though, hopefully making sure you are rested and that you exercise (this releases good hormones for mood boosting, as well as helping you get tired ready for sleeping) will be enough to keep a lid on it. Make sure you manage your time well too so you do not have to rush around at the last minute getting work done, as this added stress can bring you down. By managing your work load you will make time for more fun, which will help you stay more positive

Hope you feel better soon. I do sympathise, as it is horrible feeling this way at uni.

ReputationRep:
    Try lots of things to see what works for you. For some it's counselling, some exercise, if you're creative then song writing or drawing might help. Trying to get a good night's sleep is easier said then done, I know, but maybe try and get organized so you're not stressed. Get some chill time, and DON'T work all the time like I do currently. Do you have a good friend or something you could talk to, or maybe a tutor if your workload is getting to you?

Hope you're feeling better soon

Get an electric blanket, it works wonders

ReputationRep:
    Cheers guys!

ReputationRep:
    everyone doesnt get depressed

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 28, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.