Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I am currently doing my A-Levels and deciding what i want to do at uni.
    The thing is, i have no clue. :confused:
    I have taken Maths, Sciences and Economics.
    I have had a look on the internet and in some career books but still no idea. :/
    Is there a good resources out there i could use that will help me, or has anyone got any ideas?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    You could try the Stamford test on the UCAS site: http://ucas.com/students/choosingcou...e/stamfordtest which can help you find the sort of courses that would interest you, or try and find careers tests online which may help you think about what you might like to go into as a career, thus meaning you can work out the route through uni that will take you there. Connexions, or your college's advisors if you do not have this service near you, would also be something to consider using. Tell them about your worries and they may be able to give your some tests to find what you like doing, or just advise you on where to look for help deciding.

Think about why you chose your subjects, is there something that you wanted to go into eventually, or did you do them as you just had to pick something? Do you have a life goal to be in a certain profession? Think about what you may want to do and go and do some work experience if you can, to see if it is for you. Also, book some uni open days and go and look at the range of courses. Some will sound interesting to you and you can go from there. There are other routes to look into too, such as apprenticeships, so you may not need to go to uni at all. There is no point applying until you are sure what you want to do, as otherwise you may well hate it and drop out, or just be unhappy.

If you are really not sure then maybe think about a gap year or two where you can do something else before you have to make a decision. Sorry I could not help much, but good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks i will take on board what you wrote.
    I will take a look at that site now.
    Thanks again for the advice.

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.