Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

There's 'something missing'... Should I go back to my ancestral homeland? watch

I am happy n everything. Life is good. It just feels I'm missing a part of me, namely my mothers side of the family. Should i go back there, because its what I feel I should do?

ReputationRep:
    I as an indigenous Scot, would never leave my homeland. I could not imagine living in someone elses ancestral homeland, I would feel like a foreigner and outsider wether I was born there or not.

I have pride in my fellow Scots, my ancestral country, homeland and society and I would never leave it.

ReputationRep:
    Go back to Pakistan/India/wherever you came from.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am happy n everything. Life is good. It just feels I'm missing a part of me, namely my mothers side of the family. Should i go back there, because its what I feel I should do?
    i think that understanding your roots is very important if you're trying to "find yourself" (sorry, can't think of a different way of putting it right now). i think that sometimes we all need to go places to appriciate where we have left behind. i think that the trip would be a good idea. i've got very strong roots and i know that they have helped to shape me as a person...maybe that's what u feel is missing. hope i helped in some way

ReputationRep:
    Well it depends where your ancestral home is.

If it's Italy; go for it. Sounds fun.
    If it's Somalia, ermm.. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    where are you from?

ReputationRep:
    I'mma do this in the future.

ReputationRep:
    I ve moved from another country at the age of 9 and found that when i go back there my senses and mind are sharper whereas here i feel as though their weak and i feel weaker here too. Not just that life seems to be a blur and days seem shorter whereas there days longer lasting and i can actually feel myself living. i dont want to moan and i feel that england is a good country to live in but i cant help feeling like this. I hope this made sense in some form.

ReputationRep:
    What's stopping you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stanza)
    I ve moved from another country at the age of 9 and found that when i go back there my senses and mind are sharper whereas here i feel as though their weak and i feel weaker here too. Not just that life seems to be a blur and days seem shorter whereas there days longer lasting and i can actually feel myself living. i dont want to moan and i feel that england is a good country to live in but i cant help feeling like this. I hope this made sense in some form.
    What country are you from ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stanza)
    lol that is probably more to do with england having bad enviroment, weather and temperature, than you coming from another country.

when everything is bright and sunny you do feel more lively and happy, and that prob makes you sharper too. but over here it is a bit dim and you just feel like sitting in your room and whatever

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 27, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.