Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    I am applying to medicine at Barts, Newcastle, Leicester and Cardiff. However I am feeling bad about leaving out UEA Birmingham and Liverpool.

Do you reccon I should swap any of my choices with the ones I left out, especially I want to become a surgeon. This is really the last day I can swap these courses. Any suggestions? Is cardiff better than UEA or Liverpool than Birmingham?

ReputationRep:
    None of them are bad - there is no such thing in medicine. Where you go won't make a difference to your ambition of being a surgeon.

ReputationRep:
    Obvious course differences aside, they (med schools) are all much of a muchness tbh. Just apply where you think you'll enjoy being for the next 5/6 years at least (exam results permitting ofc). I'm sure you chose Barts/Toon/Lesta/Caerdydd for a reason. Invariably you'll enjoy it wherever you end up. And no particular med school has a penchant for churning out surgeons. Or whatever.

:holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks alot! Well, what I was thinking was that some schools have better opinion about anatomy than others and hence my idea about some schools being better for potential surgeons than others. Now that you actually answerewd my questions I came to the conclusion that all med schools have standards set by gmc and therefore none of them are bad.
    I have never actually been to norwich, cardiff or birmingham, therefore this is why I am having second thoughts as I dont know which one I would enjoy the most. I guess I will have to see what it will be like and then decide whether I made a right decision, but oh well, thats life...like a diarhrea tinged all colours of the rainbow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melonno)
    Thanks alot! Well, what I was thinking was that some schools have better opinion about anatomy than others and hence my idea about some schools being better for potential surgeons than others. Now that you actually answerewd my questions I came to the conclusion that all med schools have standards set by gmc and therefore none of them are bad.
    I have never actually been to norwich, cardiff or birmingham, therefore this is why I am having second thoughts as I dont know which one I would enjoy the most. I guess I will have to see what it will be like and then decide whether I made a right decision, but oh well, thats life...like a diarhrea tinged all colours of the rainbow
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    hahah dont worry about it, just had a bit of a depression that day ... didnt want to seem too pesimistic so I added the "colours of the rainbow" in to brighten it up also I was kind of hoping it could make the "deep but really pintless quotations" list ahhh.... one day I will be famous

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 30, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.