Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    so it's come to that dreaded time of making uni application choices. i'm having trouble making my choices. originally Cardiff wasn't even an option for me because i felt it was too close to home (it's only a 45minute drive away). however, after having seen the university, SU etc and looked closer at the actual course i have found myself seriously reconsidering. i love cardiff as a city and i love the fact that the university is so close to the city centre. sounds like the perfect choice for me right?? yet, a big part of me leaving for university was to get away from the valley's and it's mindset and to experience new things, (as cliché as it sounds i was hoping to find me). What do you guys think? would i be making a mistake staying so close to the very things i've been desperate to get away from for so long or would i forever regret not applying to the perfect uni for me??:confused:
    oh my head hurts thinking about it again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danii40)
    so it's come to that dreaded time of making uni application choices. i'm having trouble making my choices. originally Cardiff wasn't even an option for me because i felt it was too close to home (it's only a 45minute drive away). however, after having seen the university, SU etc and looked closer at the actual course i have found myself seriously reconsidering. i love cardiff as a city and i love the fact that the university is so close to the city centre. sounds like the perfect choice for me right?? yet, a big part of me leaving for university was to get away from the valley's and it's mindset and to experience new things, (as cliché as it sounds i was hoping to find me). What do you guys think? would i be making a mistake staying so close to the very things i've been desperate to get away from for so long or would i forever regret not applying to the perfect uni for me??:confused:
    oh my head hurts thinking about it again
    Where else are you thinking of applying? If there aren't really any others that you feel that strongly about, then you don't really have anything to lose by applying there! Then you can worry about whether to go there if you get an offer :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 99 Red Balloons)
    Where else are you thinking of applying? If there aren't really any others that you feel that strongly about, then you don't really have anything to lose by applying there! Then you can worry about whether to go there if you get an offer :p:
    oh god i'll cross that bridge if i come to it, one nightmare at a time please haha, i've looked at a few other places but the cities don't really feel like my sort of place, i loved nottingham initially but after i saw the actual campus i decided against it :/ i think it's because i want to be so close to the city centre and i haven't really seen anywhere else like that other than cardiff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danii40)
    oh god i'll cross that bridge if i come to it, one nightmare at a time please haha, i've looked at a few other places but the cities don't really feel like my sort of place, i loved nottingham initially but after i saw the actual campus i decided against it :/ i think it's because i want to be so close to the city centre and i haven't really seen anywhere else like that other than cardiff
    Well then I think that answers your question about applying to Cardiff :p: I think go to a couple more open days and see what interests you; you have five choices to use afterall! This website is good for open days; http://www.opendays.com/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 99 Red Balloons)
    Well then I think that answers your question about applying to Cardiff :p: I think go to a couple more open days and see what interests you; you have five choices to use afterall! This website is good for open days; http://www.opendays.com/
    i think you could be right thanks for the link :p:

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
  • Birmingham City University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.