Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How often do you meet your cousins? Do you like them? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I see my cousins a few times a year. They've just turned 12 (twins), so they're a lot younger than me. But I love them to bits, they're adorable.

ReputationRep:
    I like most of my cousins. I only have 2 cousins living in England and we do not see them much because our mum's do not get along, so the contact just broke. We see each other maybe once every 4 years or something like that. I like the girl though, she is a year older than me and we get along really well.

As for the rest of my cousins, I barely know any of them as we do not live in the same country, but I think most are ok. I have two cousins living in LA and they are both idiots, I do not like them at all, they both have all the characteristics that I hate in a person - but they are the only cousins I dislike

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheQueenOfComputerScience)
    Catholic Dad with 7 siblings = millions of cousins!
    This sounds familiar...my father is from a large family as well :yes:

ReputationRep:
    all my cousins have died

ReputationRep:
    like every holiday and nahh not really they go to public school and think they're better than me!

ReputationRep:
    Not that often, though my aunt just had a baby and have seen him 3 times in the past few months, very cute. Though your avatar and this question just makes me think of 'She is my seeaster, She is number four prostitute in all of Kazakhstan'

ReputationRep:
    I only actually have 1 cousin in the same town as me and we grew up together and he's like my brother but then there was a major argument and we didn't speak for nearly 2 yrs and now he's moved away to uni Don't know if I should add him on fb..

My other cousins live 100 miles away but we spend most holidays together or even drive up on bank holiday to hang out. They're amazing.

ReputationRep:
    I only ever see my cousins now at weddings or funerals. Our mutual grandparents are all deceased, and I'd say the last time I actually saw any of them was over two years ago. I do however have two of them on Facebook, not that we communicate much... I'd cite family differences as the reason (I'm from the atheist side of the family, they on the other hand are very enthusiastic Christians).

ReputationRep:
    I see the ones on my dads side every two weeks or so as we don't live that close to each other. All of them are reaaally young but its fun to spend time with them =) My mum's side we see maybe once a month =/ they're all more around my age but I wish we got to see them a lot more! I LOVE all of my cousins =D

ReputationRep:
    I don't live anywhere near any of my cousins, but I speak to some of them regularly. Others I have no contact with whatsoever, unless they happen to be at my grandma's at the same time as me.

ReputationRep:
    I used to spend quite a lot of my time with my cousins when we were all younger, from both my mum and dads side of the family. Except two of them who who at least mid twenties when we we all kiddies.:p:
    Also have some half cousins who i've never met in my life, they're little though.
    But now barely see any of them now we are all older. Usually family gatherings or visits round my Aunts-uncles house etc etc. We all live close two

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dnator)
    Not that often, though my aunt just had a baby and have seen him 3 times in the past few months, very cute. Though your avatar and this question just makes me think of 'She is my seeaster, She is number four prostitute in all of Kazakhstan'
    haha I have never seen the film Borat ever ^^
    I just used it as an Avatar because I typed 'thumbs up' into google images and thought it looked quite cool. I should change it if people get the wrong impressions!!

ReputationRep:
    I have a lot of cousins(13) but I don't see them a whole lot; once every year or so, depends. I don't really talk to 5 of them and think 4 of those 5 are a bit stuck up. The 5th one I havent seen since I was a year old. My other cousins I like a lot more. I have 8 other cousins who I see from time to time and while 5 of them are considerably younger than me I quite like them. The ones that are older than me I like quite a bit too, their first language isn't English so it's a little hard for them but we have mature conversations.

ReputationRep:
    I've got around 25+ cousins.

I see most of them quite often, and others I see at least once every two years.

I get on pretty well with most of them.

ReputationRep:
    Grew up with 3 cousins and we've always got on great. One has moved away but I'm still practically best mates with the other two, even going on holiday with them both soon. They only live about 15 minutes away which I suppose helps, they're also a similar age.

ReputationRep:
    One of them I see quite often and he is a really good friend. Some of them are okay but I'm not in regular contact with them. The rest have no space in my life; they mean very little/nothing to me.

Having said all that I must point out that I have around 55 cousins so I don't see a cousin as a very close relative as others seem to.

ReputationRep:
    i see mine 3 times a year, theyre family, they have to accept me lol >.<
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I don't even know how many cousins I have. Most of them aren't in this country and I don't see the ones that are very often. Tends to only be family occasions these days. Not really close with any of them :nah:

ReputationRep:
    I barely see any of my 5 cousins (Small family, I know). I'm going to New Zealand in a week or so to visit 3 of my cousins who I haven't seen in 5 years!! We talk a lot on Skype now though, so we "see" them a lot more often these days. My other cousins live in England and I haven't seen them for about 3 and a half years. My dad and my uncle don't really have much in common so we don't see them much at all. In fact, I've only seen one of my cousins once in her life, since she was only a baby last time I saw her. It's not that my dad and my uncle don't like each other, I think they're just kind of indifferent towards each other, so family meetings don't really mean all that much to them.

I kind of wish I had one of those families where you're close to your family and see them a lot, but my family's spread all over the place, and dragging me and my brother and sister all over the country in the car for hours isn't my parents favourite task. I visit my second cousins a bit more, we see them whenever we're over their way. We only live a couple of hours a way so it's not so bad, and they're closer to me and my brothers age. I actually visit my old friends back in Cornwall a lot more than I see my family, although we haven't been to Cornwall in 3 years. We're going down next Summer though, hopefully. My old best friend (I moved when I was quite young so we've grown up apart now) and her sister are pretty much like cousins to me, so it's still good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrCharmed)
    Can I just ask why 3 years it seems so random?
    They're only human once every three years, the rest of the time they're turned to stone

It's because I don't like them very much so the less I see of them the better

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 28, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.