Turn on thread page Beta

How often do you meet your cousins? Do you like them? watch

ReputationRep:
    I like my little cousins more than the older ones. I have two little baby cousins - well, they're 4/5 years old now, they're my favourites and it seems like just yesterday they were months old. They actually mean the entire world to me, they're the most precious little people that I have in my life. I would actually do anything for them. I love them so much, it's unreaaaaaal.

ReputationRep:
    Only see my cousins at funerals, to be honest.

Erm I see my cousins a real lot, not usually a day goes past when a few of my cousins aren't around or I am around one of their houses. I suppose it comes from being immigrants that we see them so much, as 8 of my mums 9 siblings moved here, about 5 of my dads, then my grandad and nans brothers and sisters, who all live nearby, so we see eachother a real lot.
    Huge Irish family, so I suppose you have no choice whether you like them or not, they are there, so deal with it. But I do love them, they are all lovely people.

ReputationRep:
    My cousins are fricking awesome. We have such a good time whenever we meet up It's so much fun - I'd probably choose to go to my cousins' houses/have them come to mine rather than go shopping with my friends sometimes :p: But then again I only see my cousins maybe 3/4 times a year? My cousins in India are pretty cool too but none of them are my age and I only see them once every couple of years or something similar.

ReputationRep:
    all I can say is..you can't pick your family...

ReputationRep:
    Aw it's quite sad how none of us see our cousins that often. That means our parents don't see their siblings that often That means one day I might not be around my sister all the time. That makes me sad actually

ReputationRep:
    We live in different countries, so not often :sad:. We talk on the internets :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I see them all often. I am close with the ones living in london, but not as close with the ones living abroad of course. But all in all, I love my cousins; first, second and third. They are all wonderfully cool and unique.

ReputationRep:
    The three that live closest to me I love like brothers and sisters and see them fairly often, but not as much as when we were younger and it was daily.

The two that live the next closest distance I don't have much to do with anymore, we don't get on with their Mother. My cousins are actually okay, but I can't stand my Auntie.

The two that live furthest away I do get on well with but only see about once a year, if that.

ReputationRep:
    i see them very rarely but we are the best of friends!! i have a lot of fun with them

ReputationRep:
    Rarely, no.

ReputationRep:
    I never really see mine.
    - Two of them are older than me by at least 10 years, so I don't even know where they live.
    - Three of 'em live in Canada and I've met them once.
    - Two live in NZ and they're both under 3 years old.

I see my second cousins more tbh, once or twice a year. And I've seen my second cousins in Australia more than I've seen my first cousins who live in Birmingham :L
    No real reason for it, my dad's side of the family seems to be more close-knit, whereas I know hardly anyone on my mum's side.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Green And Blue)
    Do you like your cousins in a Pakistani way ?

*wink *wink
    I am a paki :cool:

ReputationRep:
    This thread has made me remember my cousins. Coming from such a strict Asian background, I have many cousins within Birmingham, London and back home in Bangladesh.

Just a shame that I don't share their views, or the way they choose to still live as if they're back home. Had 2 close cousins who I spent most my childhood with, but one moved to London and the other one was sent off to an Islamic school.

My mum's family extends to over hundreds, and I have no interest in meeting them due to personal family issues. My dad's side are more friendly, but rarely meet, again for family crap.
    It's the problem of the third generation of the Asian migrants growing up in a complete different culture and lifestyle. Things should be better in the future.

I hope that we all get along with our cousins

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazee')
    all I can say is..you can't pick your family...
    Touché. I always say that you can't pick your relatives, but you can pick who you have in your family - the special people who you have in your life through the years.

ReputationRep:
    Once every few years and nope not really.

ReputationRep:
    I see my cousins a LOT, and am quite close to some of them, up to the point where when i'm talking to sum1 about my friend i accidently say "my cousin" instead and vice versa...
    not always the best thing though...but nice when you are younger
    Can't you spill the beans on what you did to offend them? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarsi)
    Hi guys,

Just wondering how much time you spend with your cousins? I roughly spend about once every year or two I see them. It is just that I know I met some of my cousins recently and I have done something really stupid up to this point that I wish I never did. I can't explain what I have done because it is just really stupid. I really really like my cousins so much and I hope they didn't get the wrong impression of me. It has been bugging me for so long this situation and I hope that I am just typing to you guys. My cousins are very sweet and I hope I didn't offend them in any way and I hope they are having fun. It is just that I am a very sensitive person and sometimes I take things over the top. Sometimes I just do the wrong things and regret it. I do stuff that I think would help them but in the end it doesn't help them much. I have confused myself up to this point and I really just want to go to uni and enjoy myself.

When I see them the next time I visit them where they live, I promise I will be more talkative to them and more open. So how open are you guys to your cousins? I really think that people these days don't meet their cousins very much.
    What the hell did you do? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Not as much as I'd like to.... considering the majority of them are 10 or younger.... and those who aren't under 10 are all younger than me... then I don't see why I shouldn't get on with them.

They're so adorable when they're young :ahee:

the one a year younger than me used to always have fights with me... but now he's all good

So yeh... good relationship with them all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheQueenOfComputerScience)
    Catholic Dad with 7 siblings = millions of cousins!
    I figured as much. My crazy catholic Irish family isn't directly related to me but if they were I'm guessing the figure would be similar...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 28, 2010
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.