Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sidra111)
    i don't want to wear headscarf anymore. i put on scarf first because i had a few white hair and didn't want anyone to find out that i have white hair. after 3 years, i take off my scarf because i didn't want to wear it anymore and thought i wore it myself first and can take off easily. i took it off when i went to sixth form college and my dad got very angry at me so i put it back on:eek: . he didn't shout at me but his facial expressions were conveying the message of his angriness. once, i went to bank with my dad to open my account and my hair was open. my dad said "you look very ugly without scarf" which just nearly killed me. i couldn't stop myself crying and cried a lot because it was the first time he said something like that to me. when i shared with my mom, she also shouted at me back and said 'i am muslim girl and should wear it'. non of dad's sister' daughters wear scarf and they are much older than me as i am only 17 and they are 29,25, 21.
    in addition, my mom and dad really used to respect me but after the issue of scarf, i don't talk to my dad as i used to before and neither he do
    i don't know what shall i do? i will be going to university next year and afraid if i try to take it off again, i don't know what my dad would do to me.
    please give me advice on what should i do. whatever i'm doing is right or wong
    any advice would be very appreciated
    Your dad sounds like a bit of an ******** to be honest. Why should you have to wear a scarf if you don't want to? This is a free country so if you don't want to wear it but are being forced to let the authorities know as you are clearly being oppressed by your religious family who don't recognise your free will. I hope it gets better for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by At peace)
    sister,the problem is you don't know why you are covering your head.you do it for beauty purposes and you parents think you were being a good muslimah.give them a chance and try to inform yourself why muslimahs are required to wear a hijaab.It's not to make you father happy.It's for Allah that you should do it.i suggest you study this matter so you'll understand.when you understand the problem is solved.

which is you wear the hijaab for the Allah,same purpose as theirs.As for you cousins and aunties not wearing it,then there is a lot of other people doing a lot of stuff,so what??you are going to follow them in everything.what about your own identity,your faith,your account on the day of judgement.saying that i didn't wear it coz others didn't,will not pay for your faults!!

Try to see where you parents are coming from especially when you said it yourself,this is the only thing in which they don't agree to your wishes.shows that they are gentle and you guys love each other.so why not keep it that way

btw it's good for you
    Maybe she doesn't want to be a Muslim

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MidnightRain1)
    Hi, im a Muslim too! In Islam its compulsory to wear a scarf! They are different ways of wearing a scarf, so try different ways, but DONT take it off, it will be stupid to do so. I assume Sidra, you cant. Its forbiden in Islam, this life is a test and for Allah you cant even do that. Im 12 and I wear a scarf everywhere.
    This thread is several years old, but since someone felt the need to top an ancient thread - you should probably know that the scarf is not actually a requirement in Islam. So you are spreading misinformation. The only requirement is "modesty", which is pretty much open to interpretation. The Quran does not specifically call for the scarf at all. It is not even mentioned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark8346)
    This thread is several years old, but since someone felt the need to top an ancient thread - you should probably know that the scarf is not actually a requirement in Islam. So you are spreading misinformation. The only requirement is "modesty", which is pretty much open to interpretation. The Quran does not specifically call for the scarf at all. It is not even mentioned.
    The covering of the hair is mentioned though and the most obvious way to do that is a headscarf

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to lock this thread due to old age.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Am not a Muslim but am a sixth Form student and I study Islam as part of my subjects. To everyone forcing her to wear it that is very silly. Each Muslim had their personal relationship with Allah and Islam is a religion of peace which does not advocate force . At the end of the day putting on a head scarf does not make you a good Muslim. What if she puts it on but still carry out evil deeds. My advice will be to pray about it and you may have no choice since you are under your parent's care. Try speaking to them in a call way of they don't agree then stick to their advise until you are older and can make these decisions yourself. My study of Islam so far has made me realise that Allah is interested in your heart and the Quran mentiona serious punishment for deciet and hypocrisy.

ReputationRep:
    You aren't really wearing it for the right reasons anyways
    I feel for you though, as a fellow Muslim girl
    It was wrong of your dad to say that to you, every girl is beautiful
    I wish you luck with everything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camelfan)
    Religion? Kill yourself.
    Um?

ReputationRep:
    Omg obviously not! like wth... no body can see you in the shower, can they?! and you wouldn't want to ruin your scarf, now would you. also if you dont want to show your hair when coming out of a shower, wear a shower cap

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.