The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

MidnightRain1
They are different ways of wearing a scarf, so try different ways, but DONT take it off, it will be stupid to do so.

Why? What could possibly happen? Apart from perhaps an honour killing...
gildartz
well no, I originally said that I thought the OP was referring to the hijab but it's my mistake if it wasn't the same. So I wasn't agreeing with you, just not really confident with my position, but when I saw you edit your post I knew you were BSing :biggrin:

Too right I was :biggrin:

gildartz
But still, surely you agree that it is wrong to actually force a woman to wear a hijab if they don't want to

OBVIOUSLY!!!
Reply 42
gildartz
How so? Surely in this context the OP is referring to the hijab?

no, i'm referring to headscarf. i don't wear hijab
She shouldn't HAVE to wear it differently, if she doesn't want to, she doesn't want to. And for those saying she has to because it's Islamic... no.. if you want to be a good Muslim follow what you interpret as the rules BECAUSE YOU WANT TO FOR GOD. Where's the religious piety in only doing it because you're forced?? Hijab isn't the 6th pillar, you can be a good muslim without hijab and if you want to take it off you should. It's seen as a social faux pas but I know tons of girls who took it off, even in Arab countries. People were surprised at first but they soon got used to it.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 44
MovingOn
Your father sounds like a bastard, to be honest. Don't let anyone dictate how you do and do not live your life, you are an adult now and free to do as you please.

excuse my, how dare you to call my dad a 'bastard':mad: . no matter how he is like, he is my father and i respect him a lot
AnAverageSmoker
Y'all wear them in the shower too?

That joke's getting old.

BTW obvious troll is obvious:colonhash:
Reply 46
MidnightRain1
Hi, im a Muslim too! In Islam its compulsory to wear a scarf! They are different ways of wearing a scarf, so try different ways, but DONT take it off, it will be stupid to do so. I assume Sidra, you cant. Its forbiden in Islam, this life is a test and for Allah you cant even do that. Im 12 and I wear a scarf everywhere.

thnx for the reply:smile: do you know where in quran it says you have to wear scarf. could you please quote it for me. it'll be very helpful cheers:smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
And to people who says you don't have to wear a hijab in islam :colonhash:

Spoiler

Reply 48
?!master?!mini?!
Too right I was :biggrin:

OBVIOUSLY!!!

Glad we agree then :biggrin:

sidra111
no, i'm referring to headscarf. i don't wear hijab

ok, now i'm confused.
Reply 49
thewiseone
MashAllah sisters for keeping the faith in this contemporary, western and largely anti-islamic world... I praise you both and hope that you are able to continue without any form of opresssion and are able to keep on wearing that scarf with pride and joy in your hearts.
Ameen

you have chosen to live in a western country, and yet you critisize it for not accepting your customs and religion? Perhaps you would like the whole of Europe to make their women wear scarves?

Im sorry, but you want our western lifestyle - if not, go back, ffs.
Reply 50
just do what you want. dont let your parents dictate to you what you should/shouldnt wear
Reply 51
Original post by &#1610
She shouldn't HAVE to wear it differently, if she doesn't want to, she doesn't want to. And for those saying she has to because it's Islamic... no.. if you want to be a good Muslim follow what you interpret as the rules BECAUSE YOU WANT TO FOR GOD. Where's the religious piety in only doing it because you're forced?? Hijab isn't the 6th pillar, you can be a good muslim without hijab and if you want to take it off you should. It's seen as a social faux pas but I know tons of girls who took it off, even in Arab countries. People were surprised at first but they soon got used to it.

thanks jasmine, it was very encouraging however if you had given me information about headscarf, it would've been more useful to me as i only wear headscarf not hijab:p: :yes:
Reply 52
sidra111
excuse my, how dare you to call my dad a 'bastard':mad: . no matter how he is like, he is my father and i respect him a lot

this post is nice to see after the multitude of 'i hate my father, i want him to die' threads on here.
Reply 53
gildartz
Glad we agree then :biggrin:

ok, now i'm confused.

what are you confused about? i only wear head scarf and don't wear hijab. hijab and headscarf are different from each other. you wear scarf to cover your head and wear hijab to cover your whole body. i only wear headscarf which only covers my head however i do wear western clothes as longer as they are not too tie :rolley
if you are still confuse, i would recommend you to do some research:biggrin: or please do not hesitate to ask question:smile:
Reply 54
sidra111
what are you confused about? i only wear head scarf and don't wear hijab. hijab and headscarf are different from each other. you wear scarf to cover your head and wear hijab to cover your whole body. i only wear headscarf which only covers my head however i do wear western clothes as longer as they are not too tie :rolley
if you are still confuse, i would recommend you to do some research:biggrin: or please do not hesitate to ask question:smile:

I thought a chador was used to cover the whole body. I also thought a hijab could refer to the headscarf and the modest dress style in general, if you dress modestly and wear a headscarf then isn't that hijab?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 55
sidra111
i don't want to wear headscarf anymore. i put on scarf first because i had a few white hair and didn't want anyone to find out that i have white hair. after 3 years, i take off my scarf because i didn't want to wear it anymore and thought i wore it myself first and can take off easily. i took it off when i went to sixth form college and my dad got very angry at me so i put it back on:eek: . he didn't shout at me but his facial expressions were conveying the message of his angriness. once, i went to bank with my dad to open my account and my hair was open. my dad said "you look very ugly without scarf" which just nearly killed me. i couldn't stop myself crying and cried a lot because it was the first time he said something like that to me.:frown: when i shared with my mom, she also shouted at me back and said 'i am muslim girl and should wear it'. non of dad's sister' daughters wear scarf and they are much older than me as i am only 17 and they are 29,25, 21.
in addition, my mom and dad really used to respect me but after the issue of scarf, i don't talk to my dad as i used to before and neither he do:frown:
i don't know what shall i do? i will be going to university next year and afraid if i try to take it off again, i don't know what my dad would do to me.
please give me advice on what should i do. whatever i'm doing is right or wong
any advice would be very appreciated:smile:

like everyone said resaerch why you wear you wear it

etc

i assume that you r parrents are upset is that they are used to you being in this way and seeing you just taking the head scarf as a lack of interest etc

but i cansay as i dont know all the factors

also you rather just wear it aas life is a test but also you can also look good in a head scarf and you should be proud of your religion etc
sidra111

if you want to be a good muslim then you have to wear a headscarf at the prescribed circumstances. headscarf is obligatory.
as to what you should do, it depends on how strong your imaan is.
Reply 57
gildartz
this post is nice to see after the multitude of 'i hate my father, i want him to die' threads on here.

no, i never said 'i hate my father' or 'want him to die' :mad: i can't even think of it:eek: . i love my dad a lot, he gave me everythink i have asked for
read my post carefully, i am only tense about my scarf issue and the problems i'm havig with my father that's all:yes:
i'm guessing you don't like your father that's why you have so much bitter for others father too
remeber whatever parents do is for the best interest of children. parents can never be enemy of their children. sometimes they could be wrong or you could be wrong.
MidnightRain1
Hi, im a Muslim too! In Islam its compulsory to wear a scarf! They are different ways of wearing a scarf, so try different ways, but DONT take it off, it will be stupid to do so. I assume Sidra, you cant. Its forbiden in Islam, this life is a test and for Allah you cant even do that. Im 12 and I wear a scarf everywhere.

:woo:

What kind of twisted ideology makes you wear a bloody scarf.

If you don't want to wear a scarf you shouldn't have to. Religion is filled with so many ridiculous rules. If you want to pray, pray, but Christ don't let it ruin your life if you don't want to wear a certain item of clothing.
Reply 59
gildartz
I thought a chador was used to cover the whole body. I also thought a hijab could refer to the headscarf and the modest dress style in general, if you dress modestly and wear a headscarf then isn't that hijab?[/QUOT
i'm glad you got it right:biggrin:
chadar is a part of shalwar kameez and cover your chest. you can also cover your head with it but mostly special scarfs are designed to just cover your head :yes:

Latest

Trending

Trending