Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humz2)
    Stop feeding the blatant troll
    THIS :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sidra111)
    no, i never said 'i hate my father' or 'want him to die' :mad: i can't even think of it:eek: . i love my dad a lot, he gave me everythink i have asked for
    read my post carefully, i am only tense about my scarf issue and the problems i'm havig with my father that's all:yes:
    i'm guessing you don't like your father that's why you have so much bitter for others father too
    remeber whatever parents do is for the best interest of children. parents can never be enemy of their children. sometimes they could be wrong or you could be wrong.
    he was not disagreeing with you.

ReputationRep:
    ISLAM WILL DOMINATE THE KHALIFA WILL RISE AND ALL YOU KAFIROEN ******* AND FAKE MUZZIES WILL ****** GET IT DO YOU ALL HEAR ME

I AM ****** 1 FOREVER CHOSEN ONE

NONE CANCOMPARE TO ME

i am 1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocoLoco)
    You don't have to wear a headscarf in islam...it's just extra points so to speak.
    are you muslim = if so, could you please quote from the quran where it says you don't have to wear scarf so i could show to my parents that i could be a good muslim without wearing scarf

ReputationRep:
    excuse my, how dare you to call my dad a '*******':mad: . no matter how he is like, he is my father and i respect him a lot
    It's a pity you respect him when he clearly has zero respect for you and your choices.

ReputationRep:
    i don't want to wear headscarf anymore. i put on scarf first because i had a few white hair and didn't want anyone to find out that i have white hair. after 3 years, i take off my scarf because i didn't want to wear it anymore and thought i wore it myself first and can take off easily. i took it off when i went to sixth form college and my dad got very angry at me so i put it back on:eek: . he didn't shout at me but his facial expressions were conveying the message of his angriness. once, i went to bank with my dad to open my account and my hair was open. my dad said "you look very ugly without scarf" which just nearly killed me. i couldn't stop myself crying and cried a lot because it was the first time he said something like that to me. when i shared with my mom, she also shouted at me back and said 'i am muslim girl and should wear it'. non of dad's sister' daughters wear scarf and they are much older than me as i am only 17 and they are 29,25, 21.
    in addition, my mom and dad really used to respect me but after the issue of scarf, i don't talk to my dad as i used to before and neither he do
    i don't know what shall i do? i will be going to university next year and afraid if i try to take it off again, i don't know what my dad would do to me.
    please give me advice on what should i do. whatever i'm doing is right or wong
    any advice would be very appreciated
    Astagfirullah

ReputationRep:
    are you muslim is= if so, could you please quote from the quran where it says you don't have to wear scarf so i could show to my parents that i could be a good muslim without wearing scarf
    I just remember it from Mosque.. Let's just say carrying out your islamic duties is way more important than your headscarf. You can research it.

ReputationRep:
    Live how you want. The hijab isn't mandatory for Islam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S_123)
    Live how you want. The hijab isn't mandatory for Islam.
    yes it is...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lubus)
    you have chosen to live in a western country, and yet you critisize it for not accepting your customs and religion? Perhaps you would like the whole of Europe to make their women wear scarves?

Im sorry, but you want our western lifestyle - if not, go back, ffs.
    Ok need to start off by being a spelling nazi: "criticise/criticize" not "critisize"...

I am completely aware that I have chosen to live in this country but I think I am completely entitled to (via my human rights) to express my religion... I am not forcing it to the (majority) atheists but rather to a fellow muslim who has a problem...

I may live in the western world but I don't for a second accept that I have to embrace the corrupt western culture, which is motivated almost entirely by alcohol, pre-marital sex and instant gratification.

Regardless of where you CHOOSE to live, the Human Rights Doctrine entails: "respect for human rights and for fundamental freedoms for all without distinction as to race, sex, language, or religion"

ReputationRep:
    are you muslim is= if so, could you please quote from the quran where it says you don't have to wear scarf so i could show to my parents that i could be a good muslim without wearing scarf
    There you go OP:

“O Prophet, tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks close round them That will be better, so that they may be recognised and not annoyed. Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful.” (Quran 33:59)

The Hijaab is
    Iffah (Modesty)
    Tahara (Purity)
    Sitr (a Shield)
    Taqwah (Righteousness)
    Imaan (Belief )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cravez)
    yes it is...
    A lot of people don't wear it though? :confused: So OP doesn't have to and can still be a muslim.

Also OP, shocked by your dad's comments. I guess he was just being bitter because you've decided to make your own decisions and he feels like he's losing (the old) you. In fact, if I'm wearing too 'revealing' clothing my parents say I look ugly too :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JubWeMet)
    Wagwan galdem, you're a human before you are muslim and inshallah if you're parents are oppressing you this way then Allah will punish them. You should be allowed to live life how you want (Within reason). pbuh
    Why have you put "pbuh" randomly at the end there for no reason?

ReputationRep:
    no, i never said 'i hate my father' or 'want him to die' :mad: i can't even think of it:eek: . i love my dad a lot, he gave me everythink i have asked for
    read my post carefully, i am only tense about my scarf issue and the problems i'm havig with my father that's all:yes:
    i'm guessing you don't like your father that's why you have so much bitter for others father too
    remeber whatever parents do is for the best interest of children. parents can never be enemy of their children. sometimes they could be wrong or you could be wrong.
    Read my post again, that's not what I meant at all

[QUOTE=sidra111]
    (Original post by gildartz)
    I thought a chador was used to cover the whole body. I also thought a hijab could refer to the headscarf and the modest dress style in general, if you dress modestly and wear a headscarf then isn't that hijab?[/QUOT
    i'm glad you got it right
    chadar is a part of shalwar kameez and cover your chest. you can also cover your head with it but mostly special scarfs are designed to just cover your head :yes:
    If I got it right then surely you're wearing hijab? XD

you shouldn't have to wear it especially if you have no intention of wearing it and you don't actually WANT to. as there's really no point to that. so stop trying to get loads of attention by posting a thread that you know will make people think ''ah Islam, forcing people to so and so ....''. and just sort out your own life- you're an adult and explain to your parents that you dont want to wear it as sadly youre not islamic and so its not even taken into account anyway so you might as well stop.

ReputationRep:
    i don't want to wear headscarf anymore. i put on scarf first because i had a few white hair and didn't want anyone to find out that i have white hair. after 3 years, i take off my scarf because i didn't want to wear it anymore and thought i wore it myself first and can take off easily. i took it off when i went to sixth form college and my dad got very angry at me so i put it back on:eek: . he didn't shout at me but his facial expressions were conveying the message of his angriness. once, i went to bank with my dad to open my account and my hair was open. my dad said "you look very ugly without scarf" which just nearly killed me. i couldn't stop myself crying and cried a lot because it was the first time he said something like that to me. when i shared with my mom, she also shouted at me back and said 'i am muslim girl and should wear it'. non of dad's sister' daughters wear scarf and they are much older than me as i am only 17 and they are 29,25, 21.
    in addition, my mom and dad really used to respect me but after the issue of scarf, i don't talk to my dad as i used to before and neither he do
    i don't know what shall i do? i will be going to university next year and afraid if i try to take it off again, i don't know what my dad would do to me.
    please give me advice on what should i do. whatever i'm doing is right or wong
    any advice would be very appreciated
    Troll or not, this is aimed at anyone in a similar position to the OP:

Ignore it all, get to university, there you will experience far more freedom than you can possibly imagine.

Do NOT ruin your relationship with your parents if you are financially dependant on them. Wait until you graduate, have a stable job with a comfortable income to support yourself first... although by then, you will most likely have moved out.

Tip: Whilst in university, try to be more open, familiarise yourself with the following:

- Other world religions
    - Philosophy, Logic and Reason
    - Physics (particularly cosmology)
    - Biology (particularly evolutionary biology)
    - The scientific method
    - Psychology (or at least the basics of how the mind works)
    - Most importantly, find out as much as you can about your own faith, keep asking questions, especially if something doesn't seem right

This is for your own benefit really, you'll definitely be surprised on your findings and it may just shatter the world as you knew it.

Best wishes.

ReputationRep:
    no offence sister but, in my opinion muslim gils look alot beter with scarf on. inshallah youll realise in time.

:facepalm:

Islam, again. So sick of seeing it on H&R.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    you shouldn't have to wear it especially if you have no intention of wearing it and you don't actually WANT to. as there's really no point to that. so stop trying to get loads of attention by posting a thread that you know will make people think ''ah Islam, forcing people to so and so ....''. and just sort out your own life- you're an adult and explain to your parents that you dont want to wear it as sadly youre not islamic and so its not even taken into account anyway so you might as well stop.
    exactly this... one of the reasons why women wear a hijab is to differentiate from the kufar women, so if you behave like a kufar i.e dont pray, THEN DONT WEAR ONE !!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JubWeMet)
    Wagwan galdem, you're a human before you are muslim and inshallah if you're parents are oppressing you this way then Allah will punish them. You should be allowed to live life how you want (Within reason). pbuh
    ROFL WAGWAN GALDEM.

Classic.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 11, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.