Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

don't want to wear scarf anymore watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just take it off. allah doesn't exist anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MidnightRain1)
    So you are saying: All girls dont need to wear a scarf. How weird. Number 1: Your not muslim.

So calm down.
    I have read the Quran, and I think you should start wearing spectacles because our Prohet Muhammed P.B.U.H is saying that all girls should protect them selves with a Hijab, Nickab and A Scarf.

So calm it brother.:mad:
    No, I'm not, but I've read the Qu'ran. I find no mention of those specific things in my copy, but then it's in English not Arabic so feel free to point me to the passages which you think do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ياسمين)
    Hijab, while it means 'cover' in Arabic, is widely known to mean headscarf in both muslim and non-muslim circles, in arabic and non-arabic countries. If you cover everything (with any type of non-tight clothes) except your hands (perhaps forearms), feet and face then it is hijab.
    If I was talking about one garment which loosely covers the whole body I'd say jlbab, or abaya or any type.
    oh didn't know that before:p:

ReputationRep:
    Type In on google: Verses that show Muslim Girls To wear scarves in the Quran.

I may be 12, but I act 20.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, im a Muslim too! In Islam its compulsory to wear a scarf! They are different ways of wearing a scarf, so try different ways, but DONT take it off, it will be stupid to do so. I assume Sidra, you cant. Its forbiden in Islam, this life is a test and for Allah you cant even do that. Im 12 and I wear a scarf everywhere.
    She can do whatever she wants ~ she is a free individual. Bother yourself with rules, don't force compulsion on others.

ReputationRep:
    I am A Muslim and my job is to tell girls not to wear scarves - no way. The better I encourage Muslim Girls to wear scarves the better. Just imagine when you die, Allah asks you why did you not wear a scarf, what would you say? I know - im not forcing her im just telling the islam Rules - because she is a Muslim. Wear english clothes thats 100% fine - but a scarf on top doesn't make it worse - makes it look better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davezk)
    Just take it off. allah doesn't exist anyway.
    Dont be rascist, you have no proof showing that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mozfadz)
    Hey Sidra

I have read most of your posts. I understand how you're feeling, I think it should be a personal choice. I agree with Crave's post where (s)he has quoted a quraan translation and yes it does say in the quraan to cover yourself, it's to preserve your beauty and for modesty reasons. In hadeeth it states that the world is paradise for the disbeliever and prison for the believer - this is telling us life is hard and will be hard as it is a test but it doesn't matter because you'll get rewarded for it. I really hate the posts where people have wrote bad things about your dad & mum - astaghfirullah! Whether they be wrong or right, they're your parents and you have a duty to listen to them.

I'm a Muslim and I don't wear a headscarf but I do believe you have to, I hope I get the guidance to wear it some day. Maybe you don't understand why you wear it and therefore you see your parents comments as opression. Even though the way they tell you to may be, it's not for any of us to go against Allah's words.

My advice to you - just keep wearing it. It's best to avoid your parents treating you badly over something so little. In their hearts, it is for your own good even if they're going about it wrong. You're a girl so you'll get married and move out some day, then do as you wish cos you won't be under their roof anymore. Whatever you choose - they'll still love you despite what they say.

To all others who may have seen her post as negative towards Islam. I think she may have written her points a little incorrectly. Islam does not oppress women. Sidra's portrayal of her family is cultural, not all Muslim parents are the same. End of the day, they're just humans and make mistakes. It might look like Islam makes life hell to the onlookers, but it's the people that are doing wrong. Do not judge a religion by the followers.
    thanks mozfadz, this was very encouraging. by the way, you seem to be a really good muslim girl. don't take my wrong, how old are you. you sounds very mature and experienceable
    thanks for the good reply

ReputationRep:
    I'm assuming you meant racist - but I never knew Islam was a race. You are so wise.

ReputationRep:
    Though Islam does encourage modesty in both men and women, which can be achieved by women wearing the hijaab/jilbaab etc, I think that wearing it for the wrong reason totally defeats the purpose of it.
    No one can force you to do anything sister.
    At the end of the day, its totally ure choice

ReputationRep:
    There never will be any proof but just like ghosts and invisible friends, allah doesn't exist but hey LETS ALL JUST FOLLOW A RANDOM BOOK ANYWAY.

ReputationRep:
    Please dont be racist though. If you dont belive in Allah, that doesn't mean everyone will follow you.

Last chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sidra111)
    thanks mozfadz, this was very encouraging. by the way, you seem to be a really good muslim girl. don't take my wrong, how old are you. you sounds very mature and experienceable
    thanks for the good reply
    You're very welcome! I'm 21 and my parents are very traditional asian and a lot of my friends come from similar backgrounds. I went to an Islamic boarding school when I was 13, it wasn't exactly by choice but I wasn't forced to, it's like when your parents go on about something then you don't want to disappoint them so was pushed into it - but I learnt a lot from the experience and it actually makes my job/college application look good (independence at a young age for knowledge an' all lol).

It's not for anyone to say that another person is not a Muslim. You definately can not judge by appearances and clothing. Only Allah knows what's in a person's heart.

Peace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humz2)
    Stop feeding the blatant troll
    How is this a troll? I'm pretty sure it's not unheard of for a Muslim girl to not want to wear a scarf....

ReputationRep:
    Please dont be racist though. If you dont belive in Allah, that doesn't mean everyone will follow you.

Last chance.
    Right. And if you DO believe in Allah, don't expect everyone to follow you. Not believing in your god does not make you a racist. It just means you don't believe in that god.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JubWeMet)
    Wagwan Jude, you can't be a muslim because you ain't wearing a hijab/headscarf in your pic then why are you taking offense?

:cool:

OHHHHH, you're a troll. Okay, nevermind then... :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayDay92)
    OHHHHH, you're a troll. Okay, nevermind then... :o:
    I'm not a troll ... I've actually been on these TSR forums for like 5 years now ... I just keep changing usernames that's all.

Anyhow, do you not ever wear a headscarf or hijab?

I wrote that pbuh because I was taking the micky.

ReputationRep:

Last chance.
    I'm not being racist. But allah doesn't exist and if he did he sure as hell wouldn't care about whether a woman wears a bloody scarf around her head or not.

Oh but let's not forget 'honour killings' are ok right? Is allah ok with that then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davezk)

Oh but let's not forget 'honour killings' are ok right? Is allah ok with that then?
    er no, he's not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sidra111)
    in addition, my mom and dad really used to respect me but after the issue of scarf, i don't talk to my dad as i used to before and neither he do
    i don't know what shall i do? i will be going to university next year and afraid if i try to take it off again, i don't know what my dad would do to me.
    please give me advice on what should i do. whatever i'm doing is right or wong
    any advice would be very appreciated
    Maybe its because you've worn it from quite a young age that you just think you've had enough. If you're feeling forced to wear it, then don't wear it. You can start covering in your own time so long you dress modestly, it should be fine.

You're not wearing it for your family or anyone else.
    Also, Sidra, we often imagine the worst when considering a situation, your dad will eventually understand. If you contiue to wear it, there's a chance you'll always be thinking 'why the hell am i wearing this thing'.

Its your choice.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 11, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.