Turn on thread page Beta

don't want to wear scarf anymore watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by subzero90)
    To the sister who started this thread:

Number 1:

Fear Allaah.

Number 2:

I swear by Allaah for every person who abandons the compulsory acts in Islaam that NUMEROUS non Muslims enter Islaam and become close to Allaah.

I have seen it myself and I see it every day.

Sister, you are not in an Islaamic state where these things are applicable by law, but know that if you reject the commandments of Allaah then you will be replaced and forgotten about unless you repent and turn back to the One who Created you.

You doing this will not affect Islaam in the slightest. It is equivalent to you headbutting a mountain trying to destroy it.

"O you who headbutt the mountain! Have mercy on your head!"

And to the non Muslims who say that Islaam is oppressive, get real. You call oppressive a religion which in its holy scriptures calls for women to be protected and loved? In which we are told the best thing in the world is not gold nor silver but a virtuous woman? In which [in an Islaamic State] if one Muslim woman was ever even touched in a harmful way by a non Muslim, wars would literally be waged over her dignity? [Has happened in Islaamic history]. In which we are told that the best of men is he who is best to his wife?

Sister, remember that when we die, we know that we will be brought to account for everything we have done.

As one Muslim Poet recently said :

"This life is like a dream, you get excited when you're involved. But when you die you look back and say 'Is that all?' "

The next life is our aim and woe to the Muslims who sacrifices eternal happiness for this world.

And if anyone who reads this still wants to believe that Islaam is a repressive religion, then my advice to you with intellect, is not to judge Islaam by the Muslims, but rather by its scriptures. I would have thought it is common sense but I guess even that is not common. Does it now make sense to you why 2/3rds of all Muslim converts are women? [In the USA which as seen as the beacon of democracy]

I thank Allaah for allowing me to speak up in defence of His Religion, even though it does not need me to defend it.

And finally to the sister who started this thread, may Allaah guide you and keep you guided if not may Allaah replace you with a Convert sister who is strict upon her religion and may Allaah grant her paradise.
    Every Muslim who reads this say 'aameen in their hearts.
    She's not trying to harm islam.

Why are her parent's oppressing her by forcing her to wear a piece of clothing then? Oh yeah, islam. Also, why is a muslim woman only allowed to marry a muslim man but a muslim man can marry a non muslim woman? Oh yeah, because she will be more likely to convert to islam. Jesus its so transparent.

Well, that doesn't sound very peaceful. What happened to religion of peace? What do you mean non muslim touched her in a harmful way? A sexual way? If they are both consenting, it would be ludicrous and very tribalistic to wage war over her "honour".

Yes it does..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gildartz)

@OP: It seems to me that you don't agree with the reasoning behind the hijab. It's not meant to be forced on women to wear them but it's meant to be worn out of their own choice so in all honesty your parents don't have a right to force you to wear it.
    (Original post by The_0001)
    I think you're just wearing it without knowing the reasoning behind the Hijab. Research it.
    These!

what i want to know is why muslims are that worried that men are going to look at their wives or daughters or see their beauty...perrrleeease! Not every man is a pedo that wants to get 'thrills' out of 'looking' at the 'beauty' of some woman passing them in the street. It seems offensive to us non-muslim men. What makes you think we would even be interested? Even the most respectable White women don't cover up...does that make them ****s or vulnerable to 'perverts' looking at their 'beauty'. It's a load of crap if you ask me...The irony is, the one's who ful-blown cover up in the hijabs are the butt ugly ones???
    Someone has to agree?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bonged.)
    She's not trying to harm islam.

Why are her parent's oppressing her by forcing her to wear a piece of clothing then? Oh yeah, islam. Also, why is a muslim woman only allowed to marry a muslim man but a muslim man can marry a non muslim woman? Oh yeah, because she will be more likely to convert to islam. Jesus its so transparent.

Well, that doesn't sound very peaceful. What happened to religion of peace? What do you mean non muslim touched her in a harmful way? A sexual way? If they are both consenting, it would be ludicrous and very tribalistic to wage war over her "honour".

Yes it does..

You people are so narrow minded yet so open mouthed ... You call it oppression when parents want their children to be modest? Children do NOT know what is good for them.

If you give a child too much freedom they will 99.9% of the time ruin their lives.

We generally as human beings need to adhere to rules to live life to the fullest. If you tell a chile they can do what they want, they will most likely stay up till 2am playing video games, watching things they shouldnt be, destroyin their teeth with sweets and their bodies with junk food etc.

Everyone knows this fact.

Islaam tells us that for the woman to propser and to flourish in this life, she must preserve her modest as men must preserve theirs.

Islaam believes that men and women are different [how much more common sense can you get?]. Men are required to not show the area between their navel and their knees to anyone except their wives.

Women are not allowed to show anythign except the face and the hands to anyone except their husbands and family.

Covering the RIGHT way, [I dont mean wearing some cloth on your head with tight jeans and a tank top] makes people judge you for WHO you are, nopt your 'assets' if you wish.

So many non Muslims think that the more covered a woman is, the more oppressed she is. Would you say the same about a Nun?

Im sorry we wont sell our practising women so they can model cars in bikinis and pose seductively over a bottle of ant killer. Would you say pearls are ppressed by their shells? Or diamonds oppressed by the rocks that crush them and heat them in their formative process? Well our women mean more to us than anything in this world.

And if you are not happy with this fact then we dont care.

A Muslim woman cannot marry a non Muslim man because Islaamic geneology goes after the father and the children should be the religion of their father. It is unnacceptable for a Muslim woman to have non Muslim children as a result of her marriage.

Yes Islaam is a religion of peace, however it is also a religion of standing up for yourself and never being a coward. If your mother or sister was attacked on the street would you be sitting on your sofa eating doritos watching Big Brother? If we are left in peace we are peaceful, if we are attacked in the street we will fight back to defend ourselves. Or do you wnt us to cry and cower just so you can finally say "oh yes that is a religion of peace if they didnt fight back" ?

If she was touched in a sexual way in an Islaamic state then the matter would be taken so serously I cannot emphasise it enough and it has nothing to do with tribalism. I am not sure if you know but tribalism is to do with tribes. The only comparision is the fact that the Muslims are one single entity. We are commanded to look out for our own. Whether a man/woman is from Nigeria, Somalia, Mexico, China, Peru, Sweden, Saudi Arabia or Russia, he/she is my Muslim brother/sister and we are commanded to take care of each other. [compare this to the Muslim world today, how far have we strayed ...]

You criticising Islaam for not being a religion of peace because we are commanded to defend ourselves is akin to you calling America a violent state because they delcared war on japan after Pearl Harbour.

ReputationRep:
    but DONT take it off
    Yeah DONT take it off otherwise Allah will pluck you from this Earth and douse you in the fires of hell. That's moon-speak for some fanatic might kill you for "honour" because you bring ultimate shame on your family by showing a part of your head. I mean if you're not wearing a scarf you might aswell be a paedophile and a murderer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thisisnew)
    Yeah DONT take it off otherwise Allah will pluck you from this Earth and douse you in the fires of hell. That's moon-speak for some fanatic might kill you for "honour" because you bring ultimate shame on your family by showing a part of your head. I mean if you're not wearing a scarf you might aswell be a paedophile and a murderer.
    You are a perfect example of what I was talking about in another discussion.

Look sister if you read this, he put he word 'honour' in quotes because him and his likes dont believe in honour anymore, and they mock who do.

Haha and you call US backward?

You are a walking contradiction, if you dont want to discuss in a civilised manner then kindly take your trolling back to the dailymail news pages

ReputationRep:
    You people are so narrow minded yet so open mouthed ... You call it oppression when parents want their children to be modest? Children do NOT know what is good for them.

If you give a child too much freedom they will 99.9% of the time ruin their lives.

We generally as human beings need to adhere to rules to live life to the fullest. If you tell a chile they can do what they want, they will most likely stay up till 2am playing video games, watching things they shouldnt be, destroyin their teeth with sweets and their bodies with junk food etc.

Everyone knows this fact.

Islaam tells us that for the woman to propser and to flourish in this life, she must preserve her modest as men must preserve theirs.

Islaam believes that men and women are different [how much more common sense can you get?]. Men are required to not show the area between their navel and their knees to anyone except their wives.

Women are not allowed to show anythign except the face and the hands to anyone except their husbands and family.

Covering the RIGHT way, [I dont mean wearing some cloth on your head with tight jeans and a tank top] makes people judge you for WHO you are, nopt your 'assets' if you wish.

So many non Muslims think that the more covered a woman is, the more oppressed she is. Would you say the same about a Nun?

Im sorry we wont sell our practising women so they can model cars in bikinis and pose seductively over a bottle of ant killer. Would you say pearls are ppressed by their shells? Or diamonds oppressed by the rocks that crush them and heat them in their formative process? Well our women mean more to us than anything in this world.

And if you are not happy with this fact then we dont care.

A Muslim woman cannot marry a non Muslim man because Islaamic geneology goes after the father and the children should be the religion of their father. It is unnacceptable for a Muslim woman to have non Muslim children as a result of her marriage.

Yes Islaam is a religion of peace, however it is also a religion of standing up for yourself and never being a coward. If your mother or sister was attacked on the street would you be sitting on your sofa eating doritos watching Big Brother? If we are left in peace we are peaceful, if we are attacked in the street we will fight back to defend ourselves. Or do you wnt us to cry and cower just so you can finally say "oh yes that is a religion of peace if they didnt fight back" ?

If she was touched in a sexual way in an Islaamic state then the matter would be taken so serously I cannot emphasise it enough and it has nothing to do with tribalism. I am not sure if you know but tribalism is to do with tribes. The only comparision is the fact that the Muslims are one single entity. We are commanded to look out for our own. Whether a man/woman is from Nigeria, Somalia, Mexico, China, Peru, Sweden, Saudi Arabia or Russia, he/she is my Muslim brother/sister and we are commanded to take care of each other. [compare this to the Muslim world today, how far have we strayed ...]

You criticising Islaam for not being a religion of peace because we are commanded to defend ourselves is akin to you calling America a violent state because they delcared war on japan after Pearl Harbour.
    Source?

Yep. They are. They are also equal in my view.

You choose to be a nun and cover up, a muslim woman is born into and has no choice. As with the OP.

Er.. cool. Wasn't asking you to, just don't force her to wear a scarf if she doesn't want to. Simple really, isnt it? Don't force things on people.

Why? Why not the religion of the mother, since they are different, yet equal.

So if a muslim woman engages in consensual sex with a non muslim there would be grave consequences... violent ones? Why, since it's consensual. It's a form of tribalism...
    Ug.. we no let them take OUR(lol) women!
    The women belong to themselves, muslim or not, and will choose who they have sex with.

ReputationRep:
    I put the word honour in to show how your religion of "peace" uses nice words to justify doing bad things.

You're a bad person and if hell existed you'd end up there. Byebye.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thisisnew)
    I put the word honour in to show how your religion of "peace" uses nice words to justify doing bad things.

You're a bad person and if hell existed you'd end up there. Byebye.
    Hell, if hell existed everyone would end up there.

Notice how he criticises you for not being civil , then calls me narrow minded. Lol, I love these guys they're awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bonged.)
    Source?

Yep. They are. They are also equal in my view.

You choose to be a nun and cover up, a muslim woman is born into and has no choice. As with the OP.

Er.. cool. Wasn't asking you to, just don't force her to wear a scarf if she doesn't want to. Simple really, isnt it? Don't force things on people.

Why? Why not the religion of the mother, since they are different, yet equal.

So if a muslim woman engages in consensual sex with a non muslim there would be grave consequences... violent ones? Why, since it's consensual. It's a form of tribalism...
    Ug.. we no let them take OUR(lol) women!
    The women belong to themselves, muslim or not, and will choose who they have sex with.
    Are you seriously asking me for a source to show you that children dont know whats good for themselves? Are you serious?

Would you say it is oppression for the government to force education on children until they are 16? It might be against the kid's will you know, what is your view on that?

Read your post again and if you are humble, think deeply, I realise I must sound a bit harsh and if I did I apologise, I just get annoyed when my Religion is constantly under attack from people who dont do enough research from authentic sources.

The women belong to themselves and God Willing they know the correct thing to do.

Allaah knows best

ReputationRep:
    You people are so narrow minded ... delcared war on japan after Pearl Harbour.
    Modesty is not legally nor culturally dependent upon the wearing of a headscarf. Every child is different and in fact OP is almost an adult so your arguments on the raising of children are largely moot in any case. Not wearing a headscarf isn't the same as giving them free rein over every aspects of their lives.

You are proposing forcing a young woman to do something against her will which is the opposite of what happens with a nun. A nun chooses to take vows of poverty, celibacy and sometimes silence in the service of their God: they are not forced to cover up it is their choice.

It is insulting in the extreme to compare a sentient, concious being to rocks and minerals. A stone is not oppressed because it feels no pain, but to force a human being to act against their will or judgement when they harm nobody else is heinous.

The other points you've made are nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    Well after that big wall of text that paraded how dumb and ignorant he is it doesn't surprise me that he just starts dismissing everything everyone says if it doesn't agree with him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sidra111)
    i don't want to wear headscarf anymore. i put on scarf first because i had a few white hair and didn't want anyone to find out that i have white hair. after 3 years, i take off my scarf because i didn't want to wear it anymore and thought i wore it myself first and can take off easily. i took it off when i went to sixth form college and my dad got very angry at me so i put it back on:eek: . he didn't shout at me but his facial expressions were conveying the message of his angriness. once, i went to bank with my dad to open my account and my hair was open. my dad said "you look very ugly without scarf" which just nearly killed me. i couldn't stop myself crying and cried a lot because it was the first time he said something like that to me. when i shared with my mom, she also shouted at me back and said 'i am muslim girl and should wear it'. non of dad's sister' daughters wear scarf and they are much older than me as i am only 17 and they are 29,25, 21.
    in addition, my mom and dad really used to respect me but after the issue of scarf, i don't talk to my dad as i used to before and neither he do
    i don't know what shall i do? i will be going to university next year and afraid if i try to take it off again, i don't know what my dad would do to me.
    please give me advice on what should i do. whatever i'm doing is right or wong
    any advice would be very appreciated
    its entirely up to you, if you don't want to wear a scarf then good for you! tell your parents that you have free will but will respect their faiths. Muslims are tricky to win over if you fight their tradition. Can i ask if you think you are a muslim or not? you can switch religion or dump religion altogether. Use that as a way of saying to your parent that their strict rules is pushing you away from their faith

ReputationRep:
    Figure out what you want to do yourself, without the preasure's of your mum, dad and others..

Essentially, its your choice, whether you want to wear a headscarf/hijab? But I think you shouldn't be wearing something because your parents want you to, you should do it because YOU want to, because i think that's what counts as most important when your following a faith.
    Stay true to your faith

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tanya---)
    Figure out what you want to do yourself, without the preasure's of your mum, dad and others..

Essentially, its your choice, whether you want to wear a headscarf/hijab? But I think you shouldn't be wearing something because your parents want you to, you should do it because YOU want to, because i think that's what counts as most important when your following a faith.
    Stay true to your faith
    But how can the OP make their own mind up when the choices are

1) Adhere to the families requests and be unhappy
    2) Make your own decision and compromise the "honour" of her family with potentially harmful consequences.

See this is my gripe with religion and Islam in particular. It absolutely baffles me that in this day and age young people especially can be made to feel so trapped over something like wearing a ******* scarf on their head.

The whole notion that not wearing one makes you NOT modest is beyond irrational.

ReputationRep:
    You are a perfect example of what I was talking about in another discussion.

Look sister if you read this, he put he word 'honour' in quotes because him and his likes dont believe in honour anymore, and they mock who do.

Haha and you call US backward?

You are a walking contradiction, if you dont want to discuss in a civilised manner then kindly take your trolling back to the dailymail news pages
    We have honour. We honour the right of an individual to free expression. We honour the right to religious expression or lack thereof. We honour the justice system which we subscribe to and the process contained therein.

We do not beat or kill people who infringe upon our values, we do not beat or kill those who exercise the freedoms which we have seen pass into law and we say that each person is born individual, free, and at liberty to make their own choices. It's not that we don't have honour, rather that we are disgusted by the subversion of it. He placed the phrase in quotation marks to demonstrate the subverted, twisted and vile meanig that is associated with radical Islam and their supposed honour.

ReputationRep:
    Hey man, I used the replace function to correct your post. No charge!

To the sister who started this thread:

Number 1:

Fear The Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Number 2:

I swear by The Flying Spaghetti Monster for every person who abandons the compulsory acts in Pastafarianism that NUMEROUS non Pastafarians enter Pastafarianism and become close to The Flying Spaghetti Monster.

I have seen it myself and I see it every day.

Sister, you are not in an Pastafarianismic state where these things are applicable by law, but know that if you reject the commandments of The Flying Spaghetti Monster then you will be replaced and forgotten about unless you repent and turn back to the One who Created you.

You doing this will not affect Pastafarianism in the slightest. It is equivalent to you headbutting a mountain trying to destroy it.

"O you who headbutt the mountain! Have mercy on your head!"

And to the non Pastafarians who say that Pastafarianism is oppressive, get real. You call oppressive a religion which in its holy scriptures calls for women to be protected and loved? In which we are told the best thing in the world is not gold nor silver but a virtuous woman? In which [in an Pastafarianismic State] if one Pastafarian woman was ever even touched in a harmful way by a non Pastafarian, wars would literally be waged over her dignity? [Has happened in Pastafarianismic history]. In which we are told that the best of men is he who is best to his wife?

Sister, remember that when we die, we know that we will be brought to account for everything we have done.

As one Pastafarian Poet recently said :

"This life is like a dream, you get excited when you're involved. But when you die you look back and say 'Is that all?' "

The next life is our aim and woe to the Pastafarians who sacrifices eternal happiness for this world.

And if anyone who reads this still wants to believe that Pastafarianism is a repressive religion, then my advice to you with intellect, is not to judge Pastafarianism by the Pastafarians, but rather by its scriptures. I would have thought it is common sense but I guess even that is not common. Does it now make sense to you why 2/3rds of all Pastafarian converts are women? [In the USA which as seen as the beacon of democracy]

I thank The Flying Spaghetti Monster for allowing me to speak up in defence of His Religion, even though it does not need me to defend it.

And finally to the sister who started this thread, may The Flying Spaghetti Monster guide you and keep you guided if not may The Flying Spaghetti Monster replace you with a Convert sister who is strict upon her religion and may The Flying Spaghetti Monster grant her paradise.
    Every Pastafarian who reads this say 'aameen in their hearts.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=thisisnew]But how can the OP make their own mind up when the choices are

1) Adhere to the families requests and be unhappy
    2) Make your own decision and compromise the "honour" of her family with potentially harmful consequences.
    that's absolutely right. i have to choose between one of them and i have chosen the first option. i would rather like to stay unhappy and keep my family happy. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    what i want to know is why muslims are that worried that men are going to look at their wives or daughters or see their beauty...perrrleeease! Not every man is a pedo that wants to get 'thrills' out of 'looking' at the 'beauty' of some woman passing them in the street. It seems offensive to us non-muslim men. What makes you think we would even be interested? Even the most respectable White women don't cover up...does that make them ****s or vulnerable to 'perverts' looking at their 'beauty'. It's a load of crap if you ask me...The irony is, the one's who ful-blown cover up in the hijabs are the butt ugly ones???
    Someone has to agree?

Lol, and always hairier than a gorilla's testicle too. Bleurgh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Someone has to agree?
    u r not muslim therefore u r not aware of islami's rule. wearing scarf is not just about hiding ur beauty, it's about the beliefs u have toward ur religions and a test of whether u would follow those rules or not. weraing scarf also safe u from sexual attacks

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 11, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.