Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What are the tell-tale signs of knowing a person could like you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    What are the signs of knowing that a person could like you, bearing in mind that he/she has never told you explicitly?

ReputationRep:
    Make a joke about fancying them. Look at how they react.

ReputationRep:
    For me I tend to be quite flirty with most guys, but the one thing that's different when I like a guy is that if he touches me I'm really open to it, like I don't tense up or anything. Prolonged hugs, 'accidental' brushing and what have you... if I don't like him, I'll avoid touching him lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hey TSR)
    What are the signs of knowing that a person could like you, bearing in mind that he/she has never told you explicitly?
    If you make him/her laugh a lot, if they talk to you just as much, or more than you talk to them. If they come over to see you or talk to you etc. It can be hard to tell though!

ReputationRep:
    Anything she does or doesn't do to you which she normally does with other boys.

Easy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James Carter)
    If you make him/her laugh a lot, if they talk to you just as much, or more than you talk to them. If they come over to see you or talk to you etc. It can be hard to tell though!
    Yeah, its very hard to tell. This girl I like comes upto and talks to me, but then again she does so with other boys, some of whom I know she definitely does NOT have a thing for.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the person but generally if someone likes you then they will make an effort to contact you, ask you lots of questions, smile and laugh loads around you, give you eye contact, seem a little awkward around you, etc.

ReputationRep:
    Subscribed!
    I'm seeing someone tomorrow and I would like to know if he likes me.
    My friend says I should straight up ask him, but I can't see that happening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becksy)
    It depends on the person but generally if someone likes you then they will make an effort to contact you, ask you lots of questions, smile and laugh loads around you, give you eye contact, seem a little awkward around you, etc.
    This. It's a pretty accurate description. I do all of those things to the person I like It might just be me though. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missaphrodite)
    Subscribed!
    I'm seeing someone tomorrow and I would like to know if he likes me.
    My friend says I should straight up ask him, but I can't see that happening.
    If he asked you to meet up with him tomorrow, then it's quite a strong indication I would imagine.

ReputationRep:
    If he asked you to meet up with him tomorrow, then it's quite a strong indication I would imagine.
    Oh, well. It's kind of not like that...is it?
    We're going to be housemates starting next week. Tomorrow is my birthday, and I just asked him what he's up to, and neither of us are doing anything so he asked me if I wanted to go shopping with him.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, well. It's kind of not like that...is it?
    We're going to be housemates starting next week. Tomorrow is my birthday, and I just asked him what he's up to, and neither of us are doing anything so he asked me if I wanted to go shopping with him.
    Ok, maybe not from your description. But hey, you still get a chance to spend time with him where its just the two of you.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, maybe not from your description. But hey, you still get a chance to spend time with him where its just the two of you.
    Forget it, he just told someone he isn't planning on anything with any of the girls in the house in case it goes wrong. Grrr what an idiot for leading me on for weeks.

ReputationRep:
    Forget it, he just told someone he isn't planning on anything with any of the girls in the house in case it goes wrong. Grrr what an idiot for leading me on for weeks.
    He just told someone, not you. If he finds you attractive, I'm sure he'd take the risk.

Just out of curiosity, how has he led you on? I just wanna know whether I've been leading on the girl I like.

ReputationRep:
    I'm always here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by halfoflessthan50p)
    Make a joke about fancying them. Look at how they react.
    this. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    If he keeps talking to you, likes to be on the phone even if both of you are not talking about anything, the eye contact is intense/awkward. That's what i've noticed, but im not completely sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Girl I know)
    if a girl is talking to u a lot... or ignoring u... she wants u lol. if shes ignorign u shes just being a prat and playing hard to get. lol.

unless u are 100% absolutely IN the friend zone... it's not off limits lol!
    ways to find out if one is in the friend zone:

have u been her friend for ages..and shes never appeared to show any interest ever...
    if shes never ever made any suggestion about sexing u... then ur firmly in the friend zone
    if she tells u all her boy problems.. ur pretty much in the friend zone..
    if she talks to u about sex.. in a NON FLIRTY way the ur also in the friend zone

if ur not in the friend zone..she either wants u.. or would at least consider it lol!

if a girl gets annoyed with u and u cant work out why.. shes probably frustrated that you're not picking up hints
    If you can decipher that and use it to your advantage, go for it.

ReputationRep:
    He just told someone, not you. If he finds you attractive, I'm sure he'd take the risk.

Just out of curiosity, how has he led you on? I just wanna know whether I've been leading on the girl I like.
    He calls me, asks me to go out with his and his mates all the time, said I looked gorgeous in my skirt, got 2 trains to come and see me at the drop of a hat, there are pics of him looking at me in an 'adoring' way, and there was a lot of arm touching at my meal that lingered.
    But no I've clearly been friend-zoned just because we live in the same damn house :mad:

ReputationRep:
    He calls me, asks me to go out with his and his mates all the time, said I looked gorgeous in my skirt, got 2 trains to come and see me at the drop of a hat, there are pics of him looking at me in an 'adoring' way, and there was a lot of arm touching at my meal that lingered.
    But no I've clearly been friend-zoned just because we live in the same damn house :mad:
    You look gorgeous in a skirt, wanna go out with me and some of my imaginary mates?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 28, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.