Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What are the tell-tale signs of knowing a person could like you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nitez)
    You look gorgeous in a skirt, wanna go out with me and some of my imaginary mates?
    No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missaphrodite)
    No.
    Why not? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Subscribed!
    I'm seeing someone tomorrow and I would like to know if he likes me.
    My friend says I should straight up ask him, but I can't see that happening.
    In my experience, asking/telling someone usually ends badly, mainly because if there's something there it WILL happen, you don't need to push it.

ReputationRep:
    In times of doubt I find this flowchart very handy:

ReputationRep:
    How can you tell if a Russian girl, who is new to the country, likes you? We've been 'pen pals' for about six months before Friday when we met for the first time- we are postgraduates at the same Uni. I don't think I've had such a profound attraction to someone. Any advice would be appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Historians drink free)
    How can you tell if a Russian girl, who is new to the country, likes you? We've been 'pen pals' for about six months before Friday when we met for the first time- we are postgraduates at the same Uni. I don't think I've had such a profound attraction to someone. Any advice would be appreciated.
    How does she behave around you?

Is she always trying to spend time with you and get your attention?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowshine)

Well... we do smile at each other alot- thats something I've noticed. I'm not sure, however, if it is due to a shared feeling of awkwardness: her, because she is still getting used to the English accent; me, because she is very lovely and I find myself unable to think of something to say.

She likes to tell me things. Y'know, like what she's been up to, what she is going to do, how she's feeling, various personal stuff etc.

Since she has arrived we have met up several times and spoken every day via Skype and Facebook. We're going to meet up again tomorrow. She comes to me for advice about the area, as well as the country in general. And she keeps telling me to take her out somewhere interesting.

The thing is, she technically has a boyfriend back in Russia. But they have agreed not to promise anything to each other as either of them could meet somebody, or some such. Apparently, when she left he was saying that he'd make do by sleeping with her (twin) sister. She hopes he's joking!

Not sure what else I can say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowshine)

Oh! And thank you for helping.

I have realised that I completely useless at understanding guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have realised that I completely useless at understanding guys.
    Explain, please?

ReputationRep:
    Subscribed!
    I'm seeing someone tomorrow and I would like to know if he likes me.
    My friend says I should straight up ask him, but I can't see that happening.
    lmao i thought this thread was you - thats why i clicked :ninja: xx

Explain, please?
    Well, when a guy has liked me I never actually realise untill they tell me. Right now, I am trying to figure out whether this guy I like likes me at all, but I am rubbish at being able to tell. There have been some good signs however I can't be sure. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    red cheeks:smug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well, when a guy has liked me I never actually realise untill they tell me. Right now, I am trying to figure out whether this guy I like likes me at all, but I am rubbish at being able to tell. There have been some good signs however I can't be sure. :confused:
    Ah! Right.
    I wish I could offer some advice.

Good luck!

Ah! Right.
    I wish I could offer some advice.

Good luck!
    Thanks. Good luck with your situation too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSteed24)
    lmao i thought this thread was you - thats why i clicked :ninja: xx
    LOL shush you.
    Not this one just all the others :o:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    *subscribed*

I've got a bit of a tricky one...

I was in a relationship, but at the same time had a friend who's a girl. Towards the end of my relationship started to fall for my friend but we grew closer. Long story short, ended up finishing my relationship (not cos of the friend) and I know really like my friend! Problem is I'm not sure if I've been friend-zoned!

ReputationRep:
    A girl at my theatre group is forever giving me awkward compliments, going out of her way to sit near me or engage me in conversation, stealing my hat, and offering me hugs when I appear even slightly out-of-sorts (which, as it happens, is a common and widely documented side-effect of hat-theft).

Obviously I'm very much spoken-for, but she's not unattractive, so I take the interest as a compliment.

ReputationRep:
    Its in the eyes. They look at you intensely. Or if they're too shy to do that, they look at you awkwardly yet with an intensity that someone whos just shy wouldnt have. I can always tell when someone likes me purely by that. And I do the same thing to people I like. Its something you can't help doing when you really like the person.

ReputationRep:
    If they think you're attractive. How do I know? A girl on the phone just told me.

(Original post by Profesh)
    A girl at my theatre group is forever giving me awkward compliments, going out of her way to sit near me or engage me in conversation, stealing my hat, and offering me hugs when I appear even slightly out-of-sorts (which, as it happens, is a common and widely documented side-effect of hat-theft).

Obviously I'm very much spoken-for, but she's not unattractive, so I take the interest as a compliment.
    I bet you make her knees weak with your amazing vocabulary and your exceptional ability for constructing coherent sentences. Am I right? Am I right? :awesome:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 28, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.