Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Check my sig for academics (it most probably will be AAA after consultation with my teacher in Art, History, Graphics and I got Physics AS Level). Do you reckon I have a good chance of getting into Newcastle University for BA Architecture? Now there's the A*, people will inevitable get them and most probably chosen over the likes of me.

However I think my personal statement is good, and I have work experience with two award winning firms in London, as well as extra curricular activities I can relate to architecture

Also, anyone know any more about the architecture facilities and just being at Newcastle University generally.

Thanks

Jack

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for this cousre at Newcastle too! I know what you mean about the A*... but I still think you stand a good chance, mainly because you have work experience related to the subject, unlike so many people (including me, even though i applied to lots of places). As long as you got a decent GCSE grade in maths and you are predicted AAA i don't see a problem . Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tigerblue)
    I'm applying for this cousre at Newcastle too! I know what you mean about the A*... but I still think you stand a good chance, mainly because you have work experience related to the subject, unlike so many people (including me, even though i applied to lots of places). As long as you got a decent GCSE grade in maths and you are predicted AAA i don't see a problem . Good luck!
    Best of luck getting an offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tigerblue)
    I'm applying for this cousre at Newcastle too!
    Have you been on any Newcastle Uni open days. If so what did you think about the Uni as a whole and more specifically the architecture department?

ReputationRep:
    Have you been on any Newcastle Uni open days. If so what did you think about the Uni as a whole and more specifically the architecture department?
    I actually live near Newcastle. The city is great, the architecture of the city is beautiful too (I think). I have been to Newcastle University, but I haven’t seen the architecture department . I know that a lot of the lecturers actually work as architects and some have their own firms, which is good I think, because they actually know what they are talking about . The people at university are friendly and there are quite a bit of international students (don’t know if you think that’s good or bad). Personally, I really like it, and if I get a conditional offer, I will be over the moon

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.