Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    kevjumba?

ReputationRep:
    You are such a cool guy, I know this sounds sort of churlish and sarcastic, but its really not, you sound amazing.

'The only person who can beat me is myself'
    'I want to get to know you facially'
    'Warcraft . . . Starcraft . . . Starcraft 2 . . . Hermione Granger . . . '

Also, this is definiteky satire, but a really, really good one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orwell)
    You are such a cool guy, I know this sounds sort of churlish and sarcastic, but its really not, you sound amazing.

'The only person who can beat me is myself'
    'I want to get to know you facially'
    'Warcraft . . . Starcraft . . . Starcraft 2 . . . Hermione Granger . . . '

Also, this is definiteky satire, but a really, really good one.
    Are you making fun of me?

ReputationRep:
    The video contained terrible terrible editing. I know it's the latest youtube editing craze, but it's bad, and you should feel bad.

ReputationRep:
    If this is a troll job, it's a reasonable effort.

If this is real...

(please let it be real)

you're quite the freak.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForGreatJustice)
    The video contained terrible terrible editing. I know it's the latest youtube editing craze, but it's bad, and you should feel bad.
    Don't be trollin!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by supermarkliu)
    Oh right. After filming I watched it with a few friends the other night and decided it wasn't good enough. So I reshot some bits to seem more accessible. I was hoping no one would notice by wearing the same clothes but wasn't counting on anyone being so astute about the elements in the background.
    It probably says more about me than about you in that case :P

ReputationRep:
    Great satire. Genuinely you have talent for comedy and should try and get involved in the Footlights.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iepnauy)
    :lol:

The earliest time I saw was 15:30. And the latest time was 20:00ish?
    You spent over 4 hours to make a 5 minute video...

:o: I bet I can beat you in chinese chess
    It was actually only 16 hours.

ReputationRep:
    I want to get to know you facially..... :woo: Fantastic.

ReputationRep:
    Oh right. After filming I watched it with a few friends the other night and decided it wasn't good enough. So I reshot some bits to seem more accessible. I was hoping no one would notice by wearing the same clothes but wasn't counting on anyone being so astute about the elements in the background.
    Lol I noticed that straight away :p: Well I'm not anywhere near Uni yet but that was really entertaining to watch and I'm sure you'll fit in fine

ReputationRep:
    LOL you're so deadpan, but it works

Cool show man!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nuodai)
    I showed it to a 2nd-year John's mathmo, but he said he couldn't find you on the list of college children-to-be (i.e. freshers). Hmmmmm...
    Yeah, ive checked my list of johnian freshers and there's no marks doing maths... FAIL!

ReputationRep:
    I'd be very interested to know the rules of Cho.

My and my mates thought it'd be kinda cool to combine Chess and Othello. I tried to come up with some rules for Chessello. It was kinda random... it was really cool though. We never actually played a game- there were too many arguments about the initial board configuration to get a good game going.

Some people have said you're video is a pisstake which I think is really mean. I thought it was a really fun little vid. I hope it's not a pisstake anyway because I'd really like to learn how to play Cho.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Funkachillislap)
    Yeah, ive checked my list of johnian freshers and there's no marks doing maths... FAIL!
    Mark might not be his real first name. Often people from East Asia have an adopted Western/English name they use instead of their real name. I wish you guys would stop being so racist about this, Mark might be sensitive about it and it's really not cool. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    There is no Liu doing maths at john's this year

ReputationRep:
    What is all this hate? Do you think I'd make up some complete lie that I'm at Cambridge? I knew people would be jealous.

Mark my words, when term starts, we will see who is laughing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BGFan217)
    I'd be very interested to know the rules of Cho.

My and my mates thought it'd be kinda cool to combine Chess and Othello. I tried to come up with some rules for Chessello. It was kinda random... it was really cool though. We never actually played a game- there were too many arguments about the initial board configuration to get a good game going.

Some people have said you're video is a pisstake which I think is really mean. I thought it was a really fun little vid. I hope it's not a pisstake anyway because I'd really like to learn how to play Cho.
    Hello, thanks for your comment. I can tell you are a like-minded person, but are you on my level?

Brainteaser: You have 8 balls, one of which is heavier than the other 7 (all of which weigh the same). Using an old-fashioned mechanical set of scales you must identify the heavier ball using the scale as few times as possible.

Also, what do your parents do?

If you can answer these to a satisfactory level, you are allowed my e-mail where we can exchange riddles and/or anagrams.

Edit: Also, Chessello sounds very interesting, but I am already on my way to solving it without even knowing the exact rules, but by developing a computer program that maps out any possible set of rules. After this, I plan on creating Chossello, a game that is both so complex it will define who is the most intelligent person in the world, but yet also accessible enough to replace our current national sport, snooker.

ReputationRep:
    Hello, thanks for your comment. I can tell you are a like-minded person, but are you on my level?

Brainteaser: You have 8 balls, one of which is heavier than the other 7 (all of which weigh the same). Using an old-fashioned mechanical set of scales you must identify the heavier ball using the scale as few times as possible.

Also, what do your parents do?

If you can answer these to a satisfactory level, you are allowed my e-mail where we can exchange riddles and/or anagrams.

Edit: Also, Chessello sounds very interesting, but I am already on my way to solving it without even knowing the exact rules, but by developing a computer program that maps out any possible set of rules. After this, I plan on creating Chossello, a game that is both so complex it will define who is the most intelligent person in the world, but yet also accessible enough to replace our current national sport, snooker.

Tough challenge Mark. Kinda random really. I stayed up for a while with a pencil and paper and tried to work it out. I also tried to construct my own scales and weights but it took too long. I'll upload some pics of my best effort though: a lot of string and cardboard was used.

Is the correct answer two? If you put 3 balls on each side of the scale, should the scale balance, you have only 2 balls remaining which you can compare by putting each in a separate bowl on the scale. Should the scale not balance, however, take the 3 balls from the heavier bowl on the scale. Pick any 2 balls and compare these against each other. If the scale balances, you know it is the third ball that is heavier. Is the scale moving, you know it's the ball on the heavier side. :cool:

My parents both have jobs with salaries in the top 1% in the country. My Dad works at a top city firm (can't name it obviously) and my Mum is semi-famous barrister. If you Google her name she's the third hit.

I'd be interested to see your computer programs. Chosello, is that Chess, Go and Othello? That sounds really cool. Board Games are changing all the time, that's why I love them.

ReputationRep:
    Being the top page of Google results doesn't mean you're famous. I occupy the entire first page of results for my name, but I am hardly famous.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.