Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

My English Literature Coursework is on Jekyll and Hyde. Can someone please help me!! The question is:

"How does Stevenson present themes and issues in the novella?"

Any help/pointers/guidance will be greatly appreciated as I am in a dire situation!!! :confused:

Thank you

If you've read the book then I can't see why you'd find such an easy question so difficult.

I'm not going back to school for you, do it yourself

yes it may be an easy question but it is very broad and the problem is about linking various things and creating original interpretations.

i intend to do it myself but i only wanted pointers!

no need to be such a MEAN person!

I think that's a hard question! :p: I did Jekyll and Hye for my English Lit coursework and i got a B, which was fair to be honest. To be honest i don't know what the question means - i just wanted to defend you :p: Don't get obsessed with coursework by the way - i got Bs and a couple As in my coursework and ended up with an A* in the end.

thankyou!!!! it is very reassuring to know that there are some really nice people out there! i appreciate it very much

thanks 4 the advice.....i am aiming 4 an A* but we'll c wat i get....

thank you again

Actually, that one can be a hard question to answer if you don't know exam technique! Blasted thing. You can know all there is to know about it, but you need to jump through their silly little hoops for a tick.
    We got 'the use of symbols', which was an easy A*. I feel sorry for you! I don't know how to help.
    First identify the themes (Gothic, friendship, disloyalty?) and then talk about how he presents the characters in view of that. Like, RLS shows X and Y arguing, this tells us that they aren't getting on well. But later X and Y make up again, which shows that they have a strong friendship.

Or something like that. Good luck!
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.