Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Best (not in any order)

Arches (bouncers are ***** though)
    Sub Club (Although was amazing when Optimo had their old night)
    Buff Club (tight space, amazing atmosphere)
    ABC (Kinda **** sometimes but a good laugh with your pals
    SWG3 Warehouse (I know not technically a 'club' but when decent speakers are put in and a special night is on)

***** (not in any order)

Garage (pish, just *****)
    Campus (Full of *********, terrible soundsystem, crap tunes)
    Viper (to be fair I might have went on a bad night, but the dj kept changing songs after the song playing reached the first chorus (in other words 'channel flicking' djing))
    Jumping Jacks (Was dragged there for a work night out, never again)

Ok can't think of anymore

Your turn....

ReputationRep:
    Buff Club:love:

Worst is Karbon

ReputationRep:
    Haha, this is just a thread so you can show off about all the cool clubs you've been to!

I used to go to the Arches all the time.

I've been about once in the last year though, haven't been clubbing in the last two years really. I'm so old and boring.

But agree with OP for all but ABC. Which is ****.

ReputationRep:
    abc and firewater are my faves.

capitol is good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hello Laura!)
    Haha, this is just a thread so you can show off about all the cool clubs you've been to!

I used to go to the Arches all the time.

I've been about once in the last year though, haven't been clubbing in the last two years really. I'm so old and boring.

But agree with OP for all but ABC. Which is ****.
    I am just tooo cool :P

Yeah idk why abc it's just because the last 3 months we have been avoiding the club music scene for a change, cos all of our friends have been there it's been a right laugh. But usually, yeah crap, we're gonna get back into the dance scene now that uni's back though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pamelaa)
    abc and firewater are my faves.

capitol is good.
    Which one is Firewater? I remember going to one that began with "fire" but dont know if it was Firewater or Firehouse or some similar word, if I remember it was just a bit further along than Jaks and across the road.

On the term of Jaks why is it bad? I used to love going to 2 other Jaks back when I was like 19-22 (going back like 4-5 years) but I did try once 2 years ago and it was ok but seemed to be full of barely 18 year olds.

ReputationRep:
    Rangers and Celtic are pretty crap.

ReputationRep:
    ABC used to be the best, but now it got ****. Buff's pretty good and when Sub Club had Optimo it was great.

Cathouse, Karbon and Campus are the worst, since they're basically full of 14 year olds tarted up with their sibling's ID.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drbluebox)
    Which one is Firewater? I remember going to one that began with "fire" but dont know if it was Firewater or Firehouse or some similar word, if I remember it was just a bit further along than Jaks and across the road.

On the term of Jaks why is it bad? I used to love going to 2 other Jaks back when I was like 19-22 (going back like 4-5 years) but I did try once 2 years ago and it was ok but seemed to be full of barely 18 year olds.
    The Green one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pamelaa)
    The Green one!
    The green what lol, anyway this "Fire" bar selled Fosters relabelled as Duff.

ReputationRep:
    nice n sleazys is full of weirdos...

ReputationRep:
    Only been to Karbon once which was when Bashy was on and found it to be awesome from what I remember, slightly older crowd. Firewater's also good, as is ABC but its pricey as hell.

Not a fan of O'Couture, Campus or Garage

ReputationRep:
    Soundhaus!
    Best club in Glasgow.

ReputationRep:
    I'm generally a Buff man: even though it's gone a bit downhill in recent years, it still seems to be the most sociable club in Glasgow, and I always bump into people I know and avoid the ones I don't want to know.

Had two excellent nights many years ago now (don't like around Glasgow anymore) in the Art School Union and the old club in the basement of the Corinthian. I know the latter has now changed massively, and I don't know what's happening to the former with the new building plans for that area - its charm was its utter shabbiness.

The Garage is full of 12 year olds, and at the end of the night the toilets are ankle-deep in piss. *Shudder*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kly45)
    I am just tooo cool :P

Yeah idk why abc it's just because the last 3 months we have been avoiding the club music scene for a change, cos all of our friends have been there it's been a right laugh. But usually, yeah crap, we're gonna get back into the dance scene now that uni's back though
    Good plan.

I have been out of the dance scene for far too long. I don't even buy Mixmag anymore! I miss proper clubbing though. Especially since when I do make the effort to go up to Glasgow and have a night out people always decide to go to the Garage or the Cathouse. Waste of my time!

ReputationRep:
    Cathouse tbh

ReputationRep:
    I like the garage, when you go there you know what to expect and know at the very least it will be a decent night.
    Only been to buff club once and absolutely hated it, could have just been that one time, i'm not really a fan of campus either, they advertise theirselves as a place for students but lots of neds go and the prices are pretty expensive compared to other clubs :/

ReputationRep:
    All depends on the night you go in my experience. Garage/Couture/Karbon/Kushion/Bamboo are your genera-clubs with the same crowd, same tunes, but can be vastly different on different nights. Go when it's a quid a drink and students go free and you can't really complain.

Prefer Arches (Octo :love: ) and ABC to anything else. Need to spread my wings a bit though, been to Buff once and need to go again, same with Art School.

Not been in Campus since I turned 18. Nuff said.

ReputationRep:
    Campus is actually disgusting. I swear the majority of the people who go are sweaty old perverts.

They don't even do the free pizza anymore so there is NO! reason to go!

ABCABCABCABC!:heart:

and i agree i've started to go off the garage, it's full of underagers and the music is ******.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone been to Milan yet? signed up at freshers and had 2 texts so far, one for last thursday when they were giving out free hoodies and for tonight saying they were giving out free pizza.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 17, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
  2. University of Glasgow
    All Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.